Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto 20:36 - Nov 25 with 8623 viewsNthsuffolkblue

https://righttolife.org.uk/news/labour-pledge-to-introduce-abortion-for-any-reas

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 15:04 - Nov 26 with 632 viewsBrixtonBlue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 13:25 - Nov 26 by jeera

I genuinely think you've misunderstood.

The aim was to simply bring England and Wales into line with NI and to adjust archaic Victorian law. From what I read briefly earlier anyway.

This is to do away with laws that said a potential mother could be locked up for life for deciding on a termination that doesn't fit with the long-standing regulations.

No one - apart from the loons on that website - has suggested anything of the sort about snatching babies from their mother's wombs at the last minute or anything like it.

I'm amazed that people haven't just looked at that site and dismissed it out of hand frankly. It's Trump-like in its assertion.

A quick google will tell you all you want to know along with the stats regarding terminations and at what stages.

That's not to say I'm a fan as a means of contraception, but enough of the hysteria.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 13:26]

Well said, apart from your first line. I don't think Blubfish misunderstood anything.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 16:49 - Nov 26 with 605 viewsMullet

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 22:35 - Nov 25 by jeera

I wish posters would drop this 'not a good look' nonsense.

If anything, it really isn't a good look.

Especially after essentially saying "what about meat?" in a debate as emotive as abortion.

It's as crass as it is misguided, let alone showing a distinct lack of understanding of scripture when taking on the theological reasons someone like the OP is proclaiming. The bible is quite clear on eating meat as it is.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 16:57 - Nov 26 with 600 viewsMullet

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 08:33 - Nov 26 by Bluefish

The facts are that is says decriminalisation abortion. You are adding that it doesn't mean upto birth but that isn't what the facts say. At some point you need to be able to question JC on somethings

This was already covered pages ago. The likelihood of that interpretation, let alone the logistics is so extreme as to make your point useless.

You're likely to see a lot of scrutiny and state intervention on all levels from medical, to social care to criminal investigations.

However, on the flip side, when you have tragedies such as mothers (and possibly but not usually fathers) abandoning babies to die (which is thankfully rare) you don't solve the issue by calling for the noose or judegemental outrage that they sometimes attract, but compassion and trying to prevent the ravages of mental illness and social deprivation that lead to those sorts of cases.

Anyone at the point of a late term abortion is unlikely to do so frivolously or without checks and balances in place. To pretend otherwise is possibly dishonest in the least.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 17:29 - Nov 26 with 584 viewsNewcyBlue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 16:57 - Nov 26 by Mullet

This was already covered pages ago. The likelihood of that interpretation, let alone the logistics is so extreme as to make your point useless.

You're likely to see a lot of scrutiny and state intervention on all levels from medical, to social care to criminal investigations.

However, on the flip side, when you have tragedies such as mothers (and possibly but not usually fathers) abandoning babies to die (which is thankfully rare) you don't solve the issue by calling for the noose or judegemental outrage that they sometimes attract, but compassion and trying to prevent the ravages of mental illness and social deprivation that lead to those sorts of cases.

Anyone at the point of a late term abortion is unlikely to do so frivolously or without checks and balances in place. To pretend otherwise is possibly dishonest in the least.

I wonder if there is a knitting forum somewhere where they are discussing access to testicular cancer care....

A bunch of men telling women what they can and can’t do with their bodies. It’s quite staggering.

Now we have decided that after a certain amount of weeks they should be made to carry the baby full term, what else shall we decide for them?

Perhaps make their votes count for half ours?

Education? Don’t worry your pretty little heads about it....

Outstanding stuff lads.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 17:47 - Nov 26 with 572 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 08:31 - Nov 26 by NewcyBlue

The British Pregnancy Advisory Service are quite keen on decriminalising abortion

https://www.bpas.org/get-involved/campaigns/briefings/10-reasons-to-decriminalis

I think that I might just accept their views over a bunch of blokes on a football forum.

Australia and Canada have already done this, it made next to no difference.

That site is, of course, as biased as the original one just on the opposite side of the whole debate. https://www.bpas.org/about-our-charity/

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 10:55 - Nov 27 with 535 viewsBlueBadger

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 08:16 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

I think after 24 weeks or so and it really needs to be medical reasons only - I'm not religious but as a parent and knowing people who have had babies around that point (and see them survive) it just wouldn't be right to see a baby of that age aborted as though it was still a foetus.

After 16 weeks, it's overwhelmingly 'medical reasons only'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024