Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert got it wrong (Again) 22:11 - Nov 26 with 3581 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Ref was crap.. we all know that.

However, for me that was all wrong.
Subs far too late
No real style of football it was hoof here down the line then hoof hoof hoof
Started too defensive.. surely Alan Judge has earned a start for his performances, Nolan and Huws far too similar.
And he keeps changing the squad.. work your best team out and stick with it. One or two changes max.

Must say I would love to see what they are doing on the training ground.

Bring on the downvotes and people calling me a flouncer.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 22:12 - Nov 26 with 3145 viewsblueconscience

Flounce with pride, it shows you care!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 22:13 - Nov 26 with 3124 viewsVaughan8

Least our players were all fresh.......!
Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 22:17 - Nov 26 with 3045 viewshaynes_toe1

All your points sound fair to me.
Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 22:21 - Nov 26 with 3009 viewsJDB23

Starting to think it might be worth putting Dozzell in the lineup if teams are going to pack the defence against us and let us have the ball. He could be anonymous for 90 mins but he's the only player we have atm who looks capable of opening teams up and for that alone I'd like to see him back.
Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 22:23 - Nov 26 with 2990 viewspointofblue

We should have returned to the 4-3-3 around the 60 minute mark and, ikf it didn't work, go to 4-4-2 for the final ten minutes. I don't know what Lambert was seeing to leave it so long before making a substitute when we were clearly clueless.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 22:49 - Nov 26 with 2880 viewscarlisleaway

Agree, Norwood was toothless unfit and gave away to many fouls....should have been subbed just after h/t giving Keanne more time to get in the game. How we missed Downes tonight and thank you to the Holy one.
Think we are better as a unit playing 4 4 2 but that is my opinion only.
No shots on target all night, spoke about this earlier in the day saying when was the last time we scored from a speculative shot outside the box
Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 22:54 - Nov 26 with 2848 viewsReuser_is_God

In defence of Lambert the starting 11 tonight was our strongest except KVY & Downes who were injured.

Can’t disagree with anything else you’ve said though, the late subs a particular frustration for me. I’d understand it if we were knocking on the door around the 60-65 minute mark but we weren’t.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 22:58 - Nov 26 with 2824 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 22:54 - Nov 26 by Reuser_is_God

In defence of Lambert the starting 11 tonight was our strongest except KVY & Downes who were injured.

Can’t disagree with anything else you’ve said though, the late subs a particular frustration for me. I’d understand it if we were knocking on the door around the 60-65 minute mark but we weren’t.

It might be, I would've had Judge I think. But If definitely wasn't far off.

Its just that I know the next league game it will be 3 changes and then 4 changes as it has been all season. How are we going to get a pattern of play together if we keep changing personnel. So as Lambert always says "we don't have a best 11" but as you say we probably do, so hopefully he sticks with it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:16 - Nov 26 with 2771 views26_Paz

The ref robbed us tonight. No one else. Try being a supporter.

The Paz Man

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:23 - Nov 26 with 2734 viewsStokieBlue

At half time the Wycombe board were saying we were a very good team with very slick passing. We did pass it all in the first half but didn't take chances or put them to the sword when we were hugely on top.

Perhaps you're expecting us to pass like Man City?

Second half was worse of course.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:26 - Nov 26 with 2718 viewspointofblue

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:23 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

At half time the Wycombe board were saying we were a very good team with very slick passing. We did pass it all in the first half but didn't take chances or put them to the sword when we were hugely on top.

SB

The disallowed goal probably gave them a kick up the backside. Ainsworth said in his post match interview that he tweaked a couple of things slightly; the sad thing is we didn't seem to have a response to these tweaks.

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:27 - Nov 26 with 2710 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:16 - Nov 26 by 26_Paz

The ref robbed us tonight. No one else. Try being a supporter.

0 shots on target, keep blaming the ref but he wasn't the one hoofing it long.

Now do one you wet lettuce.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 23:34]

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:28 - Nov 26 with 2705 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

SB

I was expecting one shot on target at home pal.

Not really Man City is it.

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:32 - Nov 26 with 2661 viewspointofblue

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:28 - Nov 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

We're more the New England Patriots of League One - can only put an attacking play together sporadically so rely more and more on our defence.

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:33 - Nov 26 with 2655 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:32 - Nov 26 by pointofblue

We're more the New England Patriots of League One - can only put an attacking play together sporadically so rely more and more on our defence.

I don't watch American football but that analogy seems apt.

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:37 - Nov 26 with 2623 viewslmfcblue

At half tome Wycombe changed to a diamond midfield which nullifies a 3.5.2,hence the scrappy/nothing created 2nd half. The switch to 4.4.2 was far too late.
Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:37 - Nov 26 with 2617 viewsStokieBlue

How are the number of shots on target relevant to the fact that your post wasn't really accurate?

We could and should have done better as I said but it wasn't all hoofing all the way through as I highlighted.

I'd prefer it if you didn't call me "pal".

SB

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:42 - Nov 26 with 2581 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:37 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

How are the number of shots on target relevant to the fact that your post wasn't really accurate?

We could and should have done better as I said but it wasn't all hoofing all the way through as I highlighted.

I'd prefer it if you didn't call me "pal".

SB

It was mainly hoofing. If you want to disagree with me thats fine, but the majority have seemed to agree with me pal.

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:44 - Nov 26 with 2569 viewsStokieBlue

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:42 - Nov 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

It was mainly hoofing. If you want to disagree with me thats fine, but the majority have seemed to agree with me pal.

But it clearly wasn't hoofing in the first half.

If it's fine to disagree with you why does it matter what other people think?

PAL.

SB

Shhhhhh don't speak truths on here (n/t) on 23:44 - Nov 26 with 2568 viewsunstableblue

SB

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We had 7 blocked you nutter! on 23:45 - Nov 26 with 2560 viewsunstableblue

One by a hand!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:52 - Nov 26 with 2531 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:44 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

But it clearly wasn't hoofing in the first half.

If it's fine to disagree with you why does it matter what other people think?

PAL.

SB

“WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THInk”

You are literally the person who was quoting what Wycombe fans were saying on their forum about our style of play today. What does it matter what other people think though ? At least be consistent

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 00:50 - Nov 27 with 2466 viewsActionMan

We've been poor for well over a month. If you look at all our results over the last 9 games ... W:3 D: 3 L: 3 given that we've played exclusively third and fourth divisions sides in that period thats a band average record to have for a team we're told should be walking the league.

The biggest issues are so simple... defence is still poor and mistake prone at times which costs us silly goals. Midfield simply doesn't create. Up front aside from Jackson who has been class for us, Norwood has fallen off form wise and is starting to look way beyond his level in the third tier and Keane is an absolute joke so we cannot score. I'd rather see Roberts given a go just for work rate than have Keane involved now, he's an absolute lost cause that bloke and conned us into that contract.

This whole not playing during the breaks and not fielding our best teams for cup matches has been the killer, Lambert has killed all of our momentum and handed the advantage directly to Wycombe. It was a bad decision on his part if you treat competitive games with a lack of respect like he has you pay the price for it. Birmingham won the third division and the EFLT in 1995 with a squad half the size of ours - what exactly is the problem?

When the window opens Evans has got to spend to bring in a forward above the level of this league to fire us into the title spot at the very least. We need to get shot of the Hurst leftovers in most cases too, they are just wage draining and not up to it.
Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 10:13 - Nov 27 with 2142 viewsStokieBlue

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 23:52 - Nov 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

“WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THInk”

You are literally the person who was quoting what Wycombe fans were saying on their forum about our style of play today. What does it matter what other people think though ? At least be consistent

I was quoting fans who have no vested interest in our performance - they are a better unbiased resource than you citing some fans of town in this thread.

It still doesn't matter what they think though, it's more that they were right and that in the first half it was nothing as you've described.

Are you standing by your assessment of the first half? It wasn't brilliant but it wasn't hoofing.

SB
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 10:13]

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 10:29 - Nov 27 with 2126 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert got it wrong (Again) on 10:13 - Nov 27 by StokieBlue

I was quoting fans who have no vested interest in our performance - they are a better unbiased resource than you citing some fans of town in this thread.

It still doesn't matter what they think though, it's more that they were right and that in the first half it was nothing as you've described.

Are you standing by your assessment of the first half? It wasn't brilliant but it wasn't hoofing.

SB
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 10:13]

We played I think it was 96 long balls last night according to Fotmob. Wycombe played 65 and their football wasn't exactly pretty was it. Long ball stats can be misleading as some long balls can de direct and effective but I would love to know how many of those reached the intended targets and how many went long to Jackson and Norwood, which they lost against the big centre halves.

Edit/ Just seen 26 of those were accurate. We did also try a lot of short passes, maybe more than I though but only 55% were accurate. So it really wasn't great.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 10:43]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024