Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 17:12 - Dec 14 with 6525 viewsHerbivore

Those who have been in favour, convince me he's the man for the job without making reference to him saying nice things about the fans. Where I'm standing he seems clueless, pretty much Paul Hurst levels of clueless. No shape, no system, no style of play. We're regressing and he shows no signs of being able to address it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert on 15:11 - Dec 16 with 965 viewsbadadski

Lambert on 12:01 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

Care to provide a counter argument? I'm looking for reasons to think he's competent as it goes but so far nobody has provided any.

Counter argument is that we had over 50% of our regular back line injured and lambert knows the replacements aren’t up to it namely cotter, Kenlock and Toto. If he doesn’t go for a temp right back or centre back to cover in January then I will think he has lost his marbles but until then he is just trying to accommodate players out of position to fill on for players not up to it which fans regularly moan about when they do play namely all of the above.
Lambert on 15:21 - Dec 16 with 954 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 15:11 - Dec 16 by badadski

Counter argument is that we had over 50% of our regular back line injured and lambert knows the replacements aren’t up to it namely cotter, Kenlock and Toto. If he doesn’t go for a temp right back or centre back to cover in January then I will think he has lost his marbles but until then he is just trying to accommodate players out of position to fill on for players not up to it which fans regularly moan about when they do play namely all of the above.

I think that's a pretty lame excuse. Wilson has played plenty and some on here will tell you he's better than Chambers. Skuse at right back was a punt that didn't pay off. That's also not much of a counter argument for how poor and disjointed we've been over the past 2 and a bit months. It's not just one game.

Lambert on 17:32 - Dec 16 with 915 viewsonlymehere

I thought you was a Lambert man?
Lambert on 18:00 - Dec 16 with 900 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 17:32 - Dec 16 by onlymehere

I thought you was a Lambert man?

I give all Town managers my support until they give me reason not to. Lambert is starting to give me reason not to. I'll give the team my backing at the games of course, but I have some significant worries about Lambert's ability as a manager. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Lambert on 18:17 - Dec 16 with 887 viewsonlymehere

Lambert on 18:00 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

I give all Town managers my support until they give me reason not to. Lambert is starting to give me reason not to. I'll give the team my backing at the games of course, but I have some significant worries about Lambert's ability as a manager. I hope he proves me wrong though.

I very much doubt he is capable of proving you wrong or he would of done it by now .
If he keeps rotating the side and to no avail I will seriously consider renewing to watch this rubbish next season.
Lambert on 18:29 - Dec 16 with 875 viewsMrTown

Lambert on 18:22 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

We've lost three of our last eight, winning only two in that time. That good start to the season, where results exceeded performances, is a distant memory now.

I said League, which is all that matters and all that will matter this season.

We’re 2nd in the league. 2nd in the league with a game in hand, he’s going through a sticky patch, don’t think anyone can argue with that, but at least give him a run to settle things down once again.

And I’m not interested in his pressers at the moment, he likes to spin them. Means f*ck all anything that happens in the press room, so I barely read them anyone, just scan over them.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 18:31]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert on 19:06 - Dec 16 with 855 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 18:29 - Dec 16 by MrTown

I said League, which is all that matters and all that will matter this season.

We’re 2nd in the league. 2nd in the league with a game in hand, he’s going through a sticky patch, don’t think anyone can argue with that, but at least give him a run to settle things down once again.

And I’m not interested in his pressers at the moment, he likes to spin them. Means f*ck all anything that happens in the press room, so I barely read them anyone, just scan over them.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 18:31]

2 wins and 3 defeats in 8 league games. 9 points from those games. That's really not good. It's not much better than relegation form. We're not playing well and he's had a year to work out a formation and style of play and hasn't done it. How much of a run has he earnt after taking us down into League 1? I'm not saying get rid now, but if he fills me with zero confidence and if we wait for him to make us better I fear we'll be stuck here another year.

Lambert on 20:26 - Dec 16 with 834 viewstextbackup

whilst I don't want to panic, I can see why some are. IMO we have 1 chance to get up, or this is us in this league for a rather long time.
we need to make the most of the quality we have in the kids while we have them.

his team selections, and didn't formations confuse the hell out of me at times, as it does too with the players.

the is such a poor league, basic organisation and being well drilled, coupled with the quality we have "should" be enough to beat majority of teams

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 10:29 - Dec 17 with 758 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert on 18:17 - Dec 16 by onlymehere

I very much doubt he is capable of proving you wrong or he would of done it by now .
If he keeps rotating the side and to no avail I will seriously consider renewing to watch this rubbish next season.

Jesus wept, get a grip.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert on 10:39 - Dec 17 with 752 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert on 10:29 - Dec 17 by BrixtonBlue

Jesus wept, get a grip.

I mean, it's all opinions isn't it? Nothing to do with 'getting a grip'. I can see how some people could quite easily be disillusioned with not just Ipswich, but football in general right now. The fact we're in a really, really poor third tier this season just compounds issues. Not to mention our closest rivals are 2 leagues above, with all the benefitting finances that brings and the gap between us simply gets larger and larger (even if we were to end up in the same league next season).
Lambert on 10:48 - Dec 17 with 752 viewsghostofescobar

“Clueless” may be a step too far, but I do think that many of our fans have forgotten that this is a club/team that has been slowly run down for a decade, to the point where we ended up being one of the poorest teams in the entire country last season. That’s not going to change overnight. And there is still close to zero investment in quality players. No way did I think we’d be 2nd at any point this season, let alone half way through.

GhostOfEscobar

Lambert on 10:53 - Dec 17 with 744 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert on 10:39 - Dec 17 by haynes_toe1

I mean, it's all opinions isn't it? Nothing to do with 'getting a grip'. I can see how some people could quite easily be disillusioned with not just Ipswich, but football in general right now. The fact we're in a really, really poor third tier this season just compounds issues. Not to mention our closest rivals are 2 leagues above, with all the benefitting finances that brings and the gap between us simply gets larger and larger (even if we were to end up in the same league next season).

I was referring to the fact that he talks about not renewing his season ticket. We're in December and are second. I think "get a grip" is pretty fair.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert on 16:32 - Dec 17 with 683 viewsonlymehere

Lambert on 10:53 - Dec 17 by BrixtonBlue

I was referring to the fact that he talks about not renewing his season ticket. We're in December and are second. I think "get a grip" is pretty fair.

Yes on a losing streak or winless streak.
Come May I very much doubt we will be top six if he keeps swapping the team around we are not very good you need to realise if we go up with this side we will be slam dunk relegation material odds on.
Lambert on 17:01 - Dec 17 with 667 viewsRadlett_blue

Lambert on 10:48 - Dec 17 by ghostofescobar

“Clueless” may be a step too far, but I do think that many of our fans have forgotten that this is a club/team that has been slowly run down for a decade, to the point where we ended up being one of the poorest teams in the entire country last season. That’s not going to change overnight. And there is still close to zero investment in quality players. No way did I think we’d be 2nd at any point this season, let alone half way through.

I think at the start of the season, most of us would have been quite content to be in an automatic promotion spot in December. However, recent form, especially at home has been poor & no wonder Lambert's constant chopping & changing of personnel & formations is being questioned. Probably no coincidence that we've only won one league game since our best player - KVY - was injured. I'm sure Lambert (& Evans) will be delighted if we go out of the EFL Trophy & can concentrate on the league.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lambert on 17:28 - Dec 17 with 648 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert on 16:32 - Dec 17 by onlymehere

Yes on a losing streak or winless streak.
Come May I very much doubt we will be top six if he keeps swapping the team around we are not very good you need to realise if we go up with this side we will be slam dunk relegation material odds on.

Haha, a losing streak of 1!

Like many modern football fans, you have no patience.

Come May - if we're not in the top 6 and you decide not to renew, that would be understandable. To say it now, when we're 2nd and with a game in hand, is toys-out-of-the-pram entitlement.

Lambert on 18:16 - Dec 17 with 625 viewsonlymehere

Lambert on 17:28 - Dec 17 by BrixtonBlue

Haha, a losing streak of 1!

Like many modern football fans, you have no patience.

Come May - if we're not in the top 6 and you decide not to renew, that would be understandable. To say it now, when we're 2nd and with a game in hand, is toys-out-of-the-pram entitlement.

Please modern fan hahaha that would be you.
I will look forward to reminding you of this thread and your blinkered opinion.
Lambert on 19:36 - Dec 17 with 593 viewslmfcblue

Lambert on 10:48 - Dec 17 by ghostofescobar

Forget about the club being run down etc PL decisions at times this season have been clueless. Most managers in the league would like our squad to work with so don’t blame the close to zero investment.
PL last night saying he knew the good start would cause a problem later in the season wtf is that all about. He was the one getting the team to the champions league hand holding celebration, talking about going unbeaten. His expectations were as high as everyone else’s.

Including last season I can only remember 1 “must win” game Rotherham at home when they battered us that we’ve won.
I really hope PL can get us up but I just don’t think he’s very good at winning football matches.
Lambert on 20:28 - Dec 17 with 573 viewsOxford_Blue

We are second with almost half the season gone and he’s had no money to spend.

For Christ’s sake get a grip.
Lambert on 09:55 - Dec 18 with 512 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert on 18:16 - Dec 17 by onlymehere

Please modern fan hahaha that would be you.
I will look forward to reminding you of this thread and your blinkered opinion.

In what way am I a modern football fan?

I notice you've swerved the losing streak point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024