Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” 11:21 - Dec 16 with 1135 viewsStokieBlue

Not an insult I've heard before. Very creative. Aimed at the much mentioned Kuenssberg.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/mathew-horne-laura-kuen

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:23 - Dec 16 with 1114 viewsDanTheMan

She added, “no-one wins when we scream and shout rather than talk — maybe Twitter could move on from being bitter in 2020.”

But she's more than happy to continue feeding out what amount to party political broadcasts under the guise of journalism (for all parties) under the "x party source" tactic.

She, and others, are part of the problem.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 11:26]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:23 - Dec 16 with 1101 viewsBlueBadger

...and coincidentally, it's the Fall's 21st best album as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:25 - Dec 16 with 1095 viewsBlueBadger

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:23 - Dec 16 by DanTheMan

She added, “no-one wins when we scream and shout rather than talk — maybe Twitter could move on from being bitter in 2020.”

But she's more than happy to continue feeding out what amount to party political broadcasts under the guise of journalism (for all parties) under the "x party source" tactic.

I've been hammering this one for a few days now - the problem with BBC News isn't bias, it's an apparent lack of basic professionalism in that no-one appears to do some basic diligence before running a story. I suspect that part of this is the curse of 24 hour news - no-one wants to be second to a story, but frankly, I expect, nay demand, better from the Beeb.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:27 - Dec 16 with 1077 viewsBloomBlue

A talentless actor who's had one average role and who needs to promote a Christmas special
Also funny how he picked a female journalist when there are plenty of male options to pick.
“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:30 - Dec 16 with 1052 viewsStokieBlue

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:27 - Dec 16 by BloomBlue

A talentless actor who's had one average role and who needs to promote a Christmas special
Also funny how he picked a female journalist when there are plenty of male options to pick.

Lots of attempted triggers there when the simple fact is many feel Kuenssberg simply isn't very good at her job.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:33 - Dec 16 with 1030 viewsHerbivore

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:25 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

I've been hammering this one for a few days now - the problem with BBC News isn't bias, it's an apparent lack of basic professionalism in that no-one appears to do some basic diligence before running a story. I suspect that part of this is the curse of 24 hour news - no-one wants to be second to a story, but frankly, I expect, nay demand, better from the Beeb.

It comes across as bias because essentially it's been the Tories putting out constant fake or misleading news and the BBC have happily parroted it no matter how many times it's been proven to them that the Tory 'sources' are liars.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:34 - Dec 16 with 1024 viewschicoazul

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:30 - Dec 16 by StokieBlue

Lots of attempted triggers there when the simple fact is many feel Kuenssberg simply isn't very good at her job.

SB

That is *literally* how people are supposed to feel about political journalists.

Tories and Labour supporters both cry about her all the time and come up with all sorts of tinfoil hattery about how what she says, right, what's meant right is that she is this lapdog of the establishment/the communists right, no listen I saw a Youtube about it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:49 - Dec 16 with 987 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nothing to see really, thats just twitter all over really.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:54 - Dec 16 with 966 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:33 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

It comes across as bias because essentially it's been the Tories putting out constant fake or misleading news and the BBC have happily parroted it no matter how many times it's been proven to them that the Tory 'sources' are liars.

Ah well, the Tories are in now and the cult of Corbyn and McDonnell is over for now.

Lets just all move on from this and enjoy xmas.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 12:12 - Dec 16 with 904 viewsDarth_Koont

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:23 - Dec 16 by DanTheMan

Indeed. I don't believe the BBC is biased in any real sense even if the links to the Conservative Party and the government seem a little too smug and mutually self-serving.

But they've been pretty poor journalists for a number of years and have been instrumental (as well as being used as instruments) in how political debate has been reduced to a gossipy bubble of semi-truths.

As a national broadcasting service, the BBC's political remit surely is to give the public the information they need to make an informed choice, and hold politicians to account for the accuracy of that information. But it seems that clicks, client journalism and being beholden to politicians for 24-hour content seem to be the real drivers, and maybe speaks more to their non-public service and increasingly commercial side.

Pronouns: He/Him

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 12:37 - Dec 16 with 845 viewsClapham_Junction

She is the epitome of poor political journalism. Her twitter bio states "there is nothing big or clever about shooting the messenger". FFS Laura, you're not meant to be a messenger, you're meant to critically analyse the message and then report your findings. Instead she just seems to repeat verbatim whatever Classic Dom has fed her.

Give me Michael Crick any day.
“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 13:59 - Dec 16 with 703 viewsOldsmoker

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 12:37 - Dec 16 by Clapham_Junction

She is the epitome of poor political journalism. Her twitter bio states "there is nothing big or clever about shooting the messenger". FFS Laura, you're not meant to be a messenger, you're meant to critically analyse the message and then report your findings. Instead she just seems to repeat verbatim whatever Classic Dom has fed her.

Give me Michael Crick any day.

It is the difference between a reporter and a journalist.
The reporter just repeats other peoples words but the journalist describes it in their own words.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 14:08 - Dec 16 with 669 viewsSwansea_Blue

“Resign, you disingenuous plopcarpet” on 11:25 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024