Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb 09:50 - Dec 23 with 1670 viewsMullet

I won't link it because it uses language that will make Phil unhappy. But go and find it if you can, it's possibly the best thing he's said or done. Given he's no angel either it really resonates.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 09:58 - Dec 23 with 1629 viewsSwansea_Blue

It is indeed superb. I mentioned yesterday that the Sky presenter’s response to Neville was the most illuminating thing about that interview, but Collymore says it far better than I ever could.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 10:26 - Dec 23 with 1596 viewsGuthrum

A possible solution would be for the team whose fans use racist abuse to be deducted three points per game where it happens. It would pretty quickly become self-policing and cease being tolerated at any ground.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:40 - Dec 23 with 1528 viewscbower

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 10:26 - Dec 23 by Guthrum

A possible solution would be for the team whose fans use racist abuse to be deducted three points per game where it happens. It would pretty quickly become self-policing and cease being tolerated at any ground.

Now the simplest solutions are clearly the best. Yes, it would work but the game is no longer Football Gutters, it's the business, money generating cash cow in the upper echelons. Lots of simple solutions exist. Kids copy stars, stars swear at refs, kids swear at refs. Players cheat and dive, kids copy. The FA do nothing and the problem remains. At City the other week the bloke who was clearly monkey chanting was no more than 3 yards away from several stewards. They appeared to do nothing. Until it hits clubs where it hurts most --points deductions - little will change. 100k fines mean absolutely nothing to clubs in the top flight.

bluescouser

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:42 - Dec 23 with 1525 viewsBasuco

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 09:58 - Dec 23 by Swansea_Blue

It is indeed superb. I mentioned yesterday that the Sky presenter’s response to Neville was the most illuminating thing about that interview, but Collymore says it far better than I ever could.

what was the sky presenters response to Neville btw?
Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:45 - Dec 23 with 1525 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:42 - Dec 23 by Basuco

what was the sky presenters response to Neville btw?

He distanced the programme from Neville’s comments (which were that the authorities in the game don’t take racism seriously).

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:45 - Dec 23 with 1522 viewsBluefish

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 10:26 - Dec 23 by Guthrum

Not really a solution though. Fans can just go in the home end at norwich and tell racist abuse to get them relegated and vice versa

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:53 - Dec 23 with 1506 viewsbluewein

Can't find it.

Is it on his twitter account? If so, he's blocked me so I can't see anything...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:56 - Dec 23 with 1497 viewsMullet

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:53 - Dec 23 by bluewein

Can't find it.

Is it on his twitter account? If so, he's blocked me so I can't see anything...

Yeah it is mate I'll see if I can screenshot it for you in a bit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 12:16 - Dec 23 with 1452 viewsBasuco

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:45 - Dec 23 by Swansea_Blue

He distanced the programme from Neville’s comments (which were that the authorities in the game don’t take racism seriously).

My lad told me what Gary Neville said and we both agreed he was spot on, as supporters of the conservative party sky cannot be seen to criticise them. I actually think racism in wider society has increased since the brexit vote to leave the EU, might be my imagination and it might just be more news worthy now, but you do hear about a lot more of it in recent years.
Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 12:22 - Dec 23 with 1435 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 12:16 - Dec 23 by Basuco

My lad told me what Gary Neville said and we both agreed he was spot on, as supporters of the conservative party sky cannot be seen to criticise them. I actually think racism in wider society has increased since the brexit vote to leave the EU, might be my imagination and it might just be more news worthy now, but you do hear about a lot more of it in recent years.

Ah yes, sorry he did also say it was reflecting a wider ugly mood linked to what’s going on in the country.

It’s thoroughly depressing that it isn’t taken seriously. It needed a European ban for, what, about 4 years or so to get us to take hooliganism seriously. That’s what this needs. That England game the other week should see similar punishments dished out. League clubs with fans like this should be barred from certain competitions or relegated. But money talks.

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 13:53 - Dec 23 with 1321 viewsGuthrum

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:45 - Dec 23 by Bluefish

Not really a solution though. Fans can just go in the home end at norwich and tell racist abuse to get them relegated and vice versa

Those sitting nearby would soon shut them up.

I'd allow one warning over the PA, just to draw attention to the perpetrators and give fans the chance to identify them to stewards for kicking out.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 14:04 - Dec 23 with 1293 viewsGarv

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 11:45 - Dec 23 by Swansea_Blue

I think it was more that the Government is racist that Sky were trying to distance themselves from.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 18:06 - Dec 23 with 1173 viewsBlueBadger

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 14:04 - Dec 23 by Garv

I think it was more that the Government is racist that Sky were trying to distance themselves from.

Given that sky's owner basically condones the fact that we have a racist government, that's hardly a surprise.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 18:12 - Dec 23 with 1162 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 14:04 - Dec 23 by Garv

Yes agreed, I clarified that above. Needs to stop really. Maybe the presenter can’t afford to, but I’m so pleased someone like Neville doesn’t give a feck about his contract and is prepared to stand up for what is right.

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 16:05 - Dec 24 with 913 viewsBerkshire_Blue

I hope the morons singing about Toto this season read it
Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 18:49 - Dec 24 with 869 viewsjimmyvet

Stan Collymore's open letter on racism yesterday is superb on 18:12 - Dec 23 by Swansea_Blue

Yes agreed, I clarified that above. Needs to stop really. Maybe the presenter can’t afford to, but I’m so pleased someone like Neville doesn’t give a feck about his contract and is prepared to stand up for what is right.

You mean like endorsing a party who is allegedly racist to the core and being investigated for this? Yes very noble of him!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024