Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock incoming ? 18:44 - Dec 26 with 4972 views3_5_2

now that would be interesting!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Warnock incoming ? on 10:28 - Dec 27 with 791 viewsGaryCooper

Warnock incoming ? on 21:35 - Dec 26 by The_Last_Baron

Nothing wrong with long balls if they're accurate, the right ball and put the opposition under pressure.

Town under Robson played a much long ball football up to the Dutchmen arriving.

As long as there is a decent focal point, a quick co striker and a midfield that has the legs to join the quick attack then it is very effective, need a Whymark though.
Warnock incoming ? on 10:28 - Dec 27 with 787 viewsPecker

Yes please.
Warnock incoming ? on 10:29 - Dec 27 with 783 viewsCoco

Warnock incoming ? on 01:31 - Dec 27 by ArnieM

Mowbray said he’d never come to manage Town as long as Evans was the owner.

Wasnt that Magilton?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Warnock incoming ? on 10:32 - Dec 27 with 775 viewsBABLUE

Warnock incoming ? on 10:24 - Dec 27 by Swansea_Blue

Being so sh*t as to run up humongous debts whilst taking us down to a level we’ve not been for over 50 years may be your definition of a good job, but it isn’t mine.

The debt is to him though and he knows that he isn’t getting his money back.

Our problem is that the Championship requires more money than he is prepared to lose and FFP is basically a joke and not being complied with.

If we go up, we aren’t going to compete any more, not unless we have a lot of luck with recruitment and the academy at the same time and take the first chance we get to go up.

Even then, the yo-yo club syndrome that the likes of West Brom used effectively has gone too.

I’m not sure if the way out of this if I’m honest, but at the moment ME is as good as we could have.
Warnock incoming ? on 10:33 - Dec 27 with 774 viewsCoco

Warnock incoming ? on 20:07 - Dec 26 by Chrisd

His Cardiff City side was very much long ball.

Mick was very direct with a very defensive intent where as Warnock (like Royle) can be direct but with a clear attacking intent. He also signs any striker that’s available.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Warnock incoming ? on 10:36 - Dec 27 with 769 viewsstrikalite

Warnock incoming ? on 09:24 - Dec 27 by haynes_toe1

How could people moan about Warnocks style of football when it's no more long-ball and archaic than what we're already seeing under Lambert? Only difference is we'd probably win under Warnock

Warnock knows how to get the best out out players, really upbeat and players take to him, we all saw that at Cardiff, forget age, he has as much energy and passion still as much as the next man imo, he's not one for not giving "kids" a proper chance too..

His cardiff side mixed a passing game with long ish balls from what I can remember, I don't see anyone complaining about the Leicester way of playing, it's not aimless hoofing, you have quality in wide areas, it's not simply pumped up over the top like we did under MM at times..
Warnock incoming ? on 10:40 - Dec 27 with 763 viewsSwansea_Blue

Warnock incoming ? on 10:32 - Dec 27 by BABLUE

Our problem is that the Championship requires more money than he is prepared to lose and FFP is basically a joke and not being complied with.

If we go up, we aren’t going to compete any more, not unless we have a lot of luck with recruitment and the academy at the same time and take the first chance we get to go up.

Even then, the yo-yo club syndrome that the likes of West Brom used effectively has gone too.

I’m not sure if the way out of this if I’m honest, but at the moment ME is as good as we could have.

I agree with the lot of that. Although I’m pretty sure he’s not the best we could have, given how we’ve declined under him. He’s also not the worse we could have of course.

But that’s all hypothetical, as it looks like we’re stuck with him for the foreseeable. Hopefully we can reverse the decline, as it’s pretty much been down hill for us since he took over.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Warnock incoming ? on 10:56 - Dec 27 with 737 viewsCoco

Warnock incoming ? on 10:40 - Dec 27 by Swansea_Blue

I agree with the lot of that. Although I’m pretty sure he’s not the best we could have, given how we’ve declined under him. He’s also not the worse we could have of course.

But that’s all hypothetical, as it looks like we’re stuck with him for the foreseeable. Hopefully we can reverse the decline, as it’s pretty much been down hill for us since he took over.

On the football side of things he has been pretty dreadful.

Login to get fewer ads

Warnock incoming ? on 10:58 - Dec 27 with 735 viewsSwailsey

No complaints from me.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Warnock incoming ? on 11:45 - Dec 27 with 705 viewsBoy_Railey

Awful. Would give it a lot of bluster, without guarantee of success, for instance, his time at Leeds. Where he has had success, it has been limited. Cardiff, for example, promotion but in the end left them exactly where he found them. On top of his track record, he totally lacks class along with a turgid style of football. Appointing him would be as far away as you can get from the Corinthian days of the Cobbolds.
Warnock incoming ? on 12:59 - Dec 27 with 674 viewsr2d2

Warnock incoming ? on 11:45 - Dec 27 by Boy_Railey

Awful. Would give it a lot of bluster, without guarantee of success, for instance, his time at Leeds. Where he has had success, it has been limited. Cardiff, for example, promotion but in the end left them exactly where he found them. On top of his track record, he totally lacks class along with a turgid style of football. Appointing him would be as far away as you can get from the Corinthian days of the Cobbolds.

Rubbish man
Warnock incoming ? on 13:06 - Dec 27 with 658 viewsHerbivore

Can't stand Colin. Would much rather take a punt on a young up and coming coach to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Warnock incoming ? on 13:09 - Dec 27 with 660 viewschicoazul

Warnock incoming ? on 21:44 - Dec 26 by Oxford_Blue

Evans is the only person who is keeping the club in existence. Are you actually stupid? Do you not get the basic fact that the club loses £5-10m a year and without Evans wouldn’t exist???

To say he put us in intensive care is just a ludicrously stupid thing to say.

Evans is a unique combination of unlucky and completely useless. His stupid decisions have taken us to an all time low as a football club with a "debt" of 100m. There are plenty of buyers for distressed football clubs and Evans needs to bite the bullet, take the huge financial hit, and sell. He has proven to us all over a long time scale that he cannot deliver what he and we all want. So he needs to go.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Warnock incoming ? on 13:14 - Dec 27 with 647 viewschicoazul

Warnock incoming ? on 10:32 - Dec 27 by BABLUE

Your last line; you don't *know* this, it's just what you think. There are loads of potential buyers for distressed football clubs with no real debt (only fantasy made-up debt) near London with a big-ish stadium and who can attract 20k+ fans despite being in division 3.

Evans is proven to be useless. He has spent 12 years proving it in fact. And still people here queue up to smell his farts.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024