Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotation 17:33 - Dec 28 with 1605 viewsfallyblue

Wolves beat Man City last night and it was the 5th straight game with an unchanged side, we continue to rotate our players and have a miserable bore draw at home to Gillingham! At this rate we will have the freshest squad in May but will still be in this league. At what point do you think Lambert will keep a settled side or is he too stubborn to admit it is not working?
Rotation on 17:39 - Dec 28 with 1571 viewsTractorCam

And the other day also moaned at the busy christmas fixtures, yet didn't rest his best player in a game.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Rotation on 17:51 - Dec 28 with 1522 viewsnorth_stand77

I hate this rotation policy and I don't see any point in persisting with it.

The most successful sides maintain a constant 11 players, just changing for injuries. It certainly worked for previous Ipswich teams.
I can still name Ipswich teams from 1970s and 80s but would be hard pushed to remember who played in the first team for us a couple of weeks ago, even games I've been to!

I'm afraid that Lambert will be gritting his teeth and continuing down this route.
Rotation on 17:56 - Dec 28 with 1503 viewsPinewoodblue

Rotation on 17:39 - Dec 28 by TractorCam

And the other day also moaned at the busy christmas fixtures, yet didn't rest his best player in a game.

Two unused subs as well.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Rotation on 21:19 - Dec 28 with 1305 viewscbower

Rotation on 17:56 - Dec 28 by Pinewoodblue

Two unused subs as well.

Inexplicable when we just needed one goal to steal the points with Keane, Dozzer and Huws all quite capable of getting one still sat on the bench. Astonishing really.

bluescouser

Rotation on 21:25 - Dec 28 with 1296 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rotation on 17:51 - Dec 28 by north_stand77

I hate this rotation policy and I don't see any point in persisting with it.

The most successful sides maintain a constant 11 players, just changing for injuries. It certainly worked for previous Ipswich teams.
I can still name Ipswich teams from 1970s and 80s but would be hard pushed to remember who played in the first team for us a couple of weeks ago, even games I've been to!

I'm afraid that Lambert will be gritting his teeth and continuing down this route.

Or if you’re in two minds about a player, at least give them a run of 6/7 games before dropping them for someone else. I’m sure players know the score and don’t expect to play all matches, but we’ve got more of a Hokey Cokey policy than a rotation one!

You put your left mid in, your left mid out
In out, in out
Change it all about...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rotation on 21:50 - Dec 28 with 1251 viewsMelford

Nuno's not got to deal with the Checkatrade Trophy or early rounds of the FA cup though?
Seriously though, they had to do a load of Europa League Qualifying early season , they're still in the Europa League going into next year and doing well in the league picking the same players week after week in a set in stone formation and style of play.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Rotation on 22:07 - Dec 28 with 1223 viewshave_a_word_with_him

rotation for rotation sake, find the whole thing completely odd and it's clearly not working
Rotation on 22:11 - Dec 28 with 1215 viewsHerbivore

I'm struggling to think of any side that has achieved success changing line up and formation every single game. There is a reason for that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Rotation on 22:18 - Dec 28 with 1199 viewsvapour_trail

Rotation on 22:11 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

I'm struggling to think of any side that has achieved success changing line up and formation every single game. There is a reason for that.

Man U under Fergie went over 100 games (I think) without naming an unchanged line up at the end of the last decade, when they won a lot.

Just to be clear, I’m not containing them and us!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Rotation on 22:24 - Dec 28 with 1182 viewsHerbivore

Rotation on 22:18 - Dec 28 by vapour_trail

Man U under Fergie went over 100 games (I think) without naming an unchanged line up at the end of the last decade, when they won a lot.

Just to be clear, I’m not containing them and us!

But they didn't change system constantly. That's the bigger issue. Swapping one or two a week into a settled system isn't a problem, but that's not what we're doing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rotation on 23:02 - Dec 28 with 1113 viewsCoco

FOOTBALL’S CHANGED!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Rotation on 00:13 - Dec 29 with 1011 viewsAlanG296

Rotation on 23:02 - Dec 28 by Coco

FOOTBALL’S CHANGED!

FOR THE WORSE
Rotation on 01:27 - Dec 29 with 961 viewshoppy

Rotation on 23:02 - Dec 28 by Coco

FOOTBALL’S CHANGED!

It’s just not cricket...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Rotation on 08:29 - Dec 29 with 805 viewssolemio

Rotation on 01:27 - Dec 29 by hoppy

It’s just not cricket...

Agreed. Football's not that bad.

Mind you cricket is only worsening due to the ECB.
Rotation on 11:09 - Dec 29 with 684 viewsHogger

Rotation on 08:29 - Dec 29 by solemio

Agreed. Football's not that bad.

Mind you cricket is only worsening due to the ECB.

Just watched Leicester pick West Ham apart with nine changes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024