Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norris 15:50 - Dec 29 with 1053 viewsHerbivore

Not as good as Holy. Not ours. Perfect example of why some of us have zero faith in Lambert currently. Such a poor goal to concede and totally avoidable if the goalie makes a sensible decision.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norris on 15:52 - Dec 29 with 873 viewsDublinBlue84

You should look at Chambers and Woolfenden as well.

Embarrassing defending that they put Norris in such a position where he has to come out because they've given the striker a massive head start.

What the hell were they doing?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Norris on 15:52 - Dec 29 with 872 viewsblueythehorse

I truly can’t understand why Lambert continues to play him.
Norris on 15:53 - Dec 29 with 846 viewsLankHenners

Absolute howler. Feel sorry for Holy.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Norris on 15:53 - Dec 29 with 848 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Whilst I agree with your general gist and conclusion, I don't think he is clearly worse than Holy - there is very little between them. Holy has made some bad mistakes too (often without being punished for them).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norris on 15:53 - Dec 29 with 797 viewsHerbivore

Norris on 15:52 - Dec 29 by DublinBlue84

You should look at Chambers and Woolfenden as well.

Embarrassing defending that they put Norris in such a position where he has to come out because they've given the striker a massive head start.

What the hell were they doing?

They were getting back, he didn't need to charge off his line and make it easy for the forward. Really poor from him.

Norris on 15:54 - Dec 29 with 792 viewsDubtractor

Hard to understand isn't it?

Our defensive record over the first dozen or so games was brilliant. Since swapping the goalie every other game it hasn't been great at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Norris on 15:54 - Dec 29 with 765 viewsHerbivore

Norris on 15:53 - Dec 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Whilst I agree with your general gist and conclusion, I don't think he is clearly worse than Holy - there is very little between them. Holy has made some bad mistakes too (often without being punished for them).

Disagree. Norris looks consistently less assured than Holy to me.

Norris on 15:55 - Dec 29 with 748 viewsbluesym

As i said on my own thread the other day,Holy has to start for me because at the very worst he is similar ability to Norris,but he is our player!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Login to get fewer ads

Norris on 15:55 - Dec 29 with 748 viewsclive_baker

That was a balls up but he's a better keeper than Holy. Norris certainly isn't the issue.

Edwards is so crap. He'll get a roasting 2nd half and I wouldn't be surprised if he's shown red at some point. Norwood looks desperately unfit. Need to get Dozzell on the ball a bit more.

Poor really.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Norris on 15:55 - Dec 29 with 745 viewsDublinBlue84

Norris on 15:53 - Dec 29 by LankHenners

Absolute howler. Feel sorry for Holy.

Yeah, nothing to do with the fact the centre backs allowed a long ball from their keeper to reach a striker with no opposition whatsoever.

If you defend properly, Norris doesn't have to come out of his goal, it's terrible defending, you should never, ever allow a keeper to hammer a ball to a striker to put them clean through on goal.

All three of them are equally to blame if you ask me, one of the defenders has to stick on their man, not allow a ball over their heads to run on to. I expect that kind of thing in the Vanarama.

Goalkeeper -> Striker -> Goal is poor defending, no matter how badly the goalkeeper messes up, because the striker should never be allowed to bring that ball down unopposed.

Golden rule of defending = never let the ball bounce, get your head on it, your foot, clear it if in doubt. such basic stuff.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 15:57]

Norris on 15:55 - Dec 29 with 739 viewsjas0999

If a loan player is considerably better than any of our options then play him. Frazer, Lawrence etc were better than what we had.

However, Norris is no better than Holy - so why play him. Send him back to Wolves.
Norris on 15:56 - Dec 29 with 714 viewsKeaneish

Agreed. Never been comfortable with Norris in nets.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norris on 15:56 - Dec 29 with 706 viewsurbanblue

Norris on 15:53 - Dec 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Our good run at the start of the season was with Holy settled in goal. It's since messing with the goalkeeper selection that things have gone awry. I know it's more then that but just saying.

Always Holy in goal for me.
Norris on 15:56 - Dec 29 with 696 viewsclive_baker

Norris on 15:55 - Dec 29 by DublinBlue84

Yeah, nothing to do with the fact the centre backs allowed a long ball from their keeper to reach a striker with no opposition whatsoever.

If you defend properly, Norris doesn't have to come out of his goal, it's terrible defending, you should never, ever allow a keeper to hammer a ball to a striker to put them clean through on goal.

All three of them are equally to blame if you ask me, one of the defenders has to stick on their man, not allow a ball over their heads to run on to. I expect that kind of thing in the Vanarama.

Goalkeeper -> Striker -> Goal is poor defending, no matter how badly the goalkeeper messes up, because the striker should never be allowed to bring that ball down unopposed.

Golden rule of defending = never let the ball bounce, get your head on it, your foot, clear it if in doubt. such basic stuff.

Yep, should never ever have let that ball bounce. Terrible defending.

Norris on 15:57 - Dec 29 with 687 viewsurbanblue

Norris on 15:56 - Dec 29 by Keaneish

Agreed. Never been comfortable with Norris in nets.

Same ... Don't know what Holy ever did wrong actually.
Norris on 15:58 - Dec 29 with 658 viewsBluefish

Do you know a single supporter that rates Norris higher? It is bizarre

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Norris on 15:58 - Dec 29 with 659 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norris on 15:54 - Dec 29 by Herbivore

Disagree. Norris looks consistently less assured than Holy to me.

You see a lot ore of them than me I am sure so you are probably right. However, Holy seems to make mistakes in handling and trying to be too clever with the ball at his feet at times. Different sorts of mistakes.

One advantage to Holy, though, is that he has distribution that can set us on the attack.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norris on 15:58 - Dec 29 with 659 viewsLankHenners

Norris on 15:55 - Dec 29 by DublinBlue84

Plenty of time for them to recover the situation as they’re right on his back but Norris gives him the opportunity to lob it into an open net. 100% his fault.

Norris on 16:00 - Dec 29 with 598 viewsHerbivore

Norris on 15:55 - Dec 29 by clive_baker

That was a balls up but he's a better keeper than Holy. Norris certainly isn't the issue.

Edwards is so crap. He'll get a roasting 2nd half and I wouldn't be surprised if he's shown red at some point. Norwood looks desperately unfit. Need to get Dozzell on the ball a bit more.

Poor really.

On what evidence is Norris a better keeper than Holy? That's a horrible shout.

Norris on 16:00 - Dec 29 with 592 viewsDublinBlue84

Norris on 15:58 - Dec 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

You see a lot ore of them than me I am sure so you are probably right. However, Holy seems to make mistakes in handling and trying to be too clever with the ball at his feet at times. Different sorts of mistakes.

One advantage to Holy, though, is that he has distribution that can set us on the attack.

Holy for me is poorer at low shots, has trouble getting down and is prone to doing stupid things with his feet, but makes up with it with a better presence and better distribution.

Norris has less presence and worse distribution but is far better with low shots and not as eccentric as Holy in general but also doesn't have as strong reach.

Neither keeper is perfect, both has strengths and weaknesses.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 16:01]

Norris on 16:00 - Dec 29 with 592 viewsLankHenners

Poor really.

Not on this season’s evidence he isn’t. I know you rate him and have posted about how great he is but at best he’s been as good as Holy who didn’t deserved to be dropped in the first place and has looked more assured when he has played. Norris almost gifted Gillingham a goal the other day and has gifted Lincoln one day. Very poor from him.

Norris on 16:01 - Dec 29 with 575 viewsclive_baker

Norris on 15:58 - Dec 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Holy's distribution is awful. The amount of times he kicks it into touch is staggering. That said, Norris' kicking wasn't great in that 45, a lot of aimless pumps straight through to their keeper.

Either way, if you're pointing to either keeper as the issue then you're kidding yourself frankly and completely missing the point.

Norris on 16:04 - Dec 29 with 504 viewsDubtractor

Norris on 16:01 - Dec 29 by clive_baker

Holy's distribution is awful. The amount of times he kicks it into touch is staggering. That said, Norris' kicking wasn't great in that 45, a lot of aimless pumps straight through to their keeper.

Either way, if you're pointing to either keeper as the issue then you're kidding yourself frankly and completely missing the point.

Of course it isn't the main problem, but there seem to be lots of things that aren't right and this is one of them IMO.

Our unbelievably crap attacking play is clearly our main problem.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Norris on 16:07 - Dec 29 with 486 viewsKeaneish

Poor really.

Norwood unfit? He’s covering acres up there largely on his own at time.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norris on 16:10 - Dec 29 with 447 viewsGarv

Norris on 16:01 - Dec 29 by clive_baker

Both keepers' kicking is iffy at times, but it also doesn't help that we don't have a proper target to battle for bad kicks. Murphy would have made bad goal kicks into goal scoring chances.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024