Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Star Trek : Picard 23:49 - Jan 15 with 1497 viewsOldsmoker

The latest offering in the Star Trek franchise.
I liked Next Gen but was luke warm about Deep Space 9 and Voyager.
I had no time for Enterprise or Discovery.
Most of the films were naff.
However, my 2 fave characters were Jean Luc Picard and 7 of 9 and it appears they are both in the latest offering Star Trek: Picard played by Sir Patrick Stewart and Jeri Ryan.
I won't pay for Amazon Prime but I'm sure I'll get to see it somehow.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Star Trek : Picard on 09:19 - Jan 16 with 1316 viewschicoazul

The greatest sci fi film trilogy of all time is Khan, Spock, Voyage Home and I shall brook no argument. Show me a man who doesnt sob a bit when Spock stands up and straightens his tunic before turning round to talk to Jim after he saves the ship and i'll show you a monster.

Discovery I thought was ok but like you felt Enterprise was terrible. ToS is the best, DS9 second best, TNG third. I am looking forward to PIcard but fear it will be a bit naff.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Star Trek : Picard on 09:21 - Jan 16 with 1313 viewsStokieBlue

Star Trek : Picard on 09:19 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

The greatest sci fi film trilogy of all time is Khan, Spock, Voyage Home and I shall brook no argument. Show me a man who doesnt sob a bit when Spock stands up and straightens his tunic before turning round to talk to Jim after he saves the ship and i'll show you a monster.

Discovery I thought was ok but like you felt Enterprise was terrible. ToS is the best, DS9 second best, TNG third. I am looking forward to PIcard but fear it will be a bit naff.

DS9 was good because at the time it was competing with Babylon 5 and had to have a long story arc. The individual stories are nice but aren't as good as when there is a large arc.

Looking forward to Picard though, fingers crossed.

Voyage Home is a bit naff :).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Star Trek : Picard on 09:23 - Jan 16 with 1305 viewsartsbossbeard

This post would've received more traction if you'd have titled it "The return of 7 of 9" and added the Picard thing as a sub-line.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Star Trek : Picard on 09:25 - Jan 16 with 1294 viewsStuartBrett8

Any thoughts on The Orville?

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Star Trek : Picard on 09:27 - Jan 16 with 1284 viewsartsbossbeard

Star Trek : Picard on 09:25 - Jan 16 by StuartBrett8

I enjoyed it.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Star Trek : Picard on 09:30 - Jan 16 with 1263 viewsOldsmoker

Star Trek : Picard on 09:23 - Jan 16 by artsbossbeard

This post would've received more traction if you'd have titled it "The return of 7 of 9" and added the Picard thing as a sub-line.

I wanted to keep 7 all to myself.
I had copies of a fans pictures of Jeri Ryan in a bikini on a california beach pointing at the camera telling him to go away. They were on the disc of a long-gone PC and sadly lost.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Star Trek : Picard on 09:30 - Jan 16 with 1259 viewsartsbossbeard

Star Trek : Picard on 09:30 - Jan 16 by Oldsmoker

I wanted to keep 7 all to myself.
I had copies of a fans pictures of Jeri Ryan in a bikini on a california beach pointing at the camera telling him to go away. They were on the disc of a long-gone PC and sadly lost.

Cor!

Star Trek : Picard on 10:47 - Jan 16 with 1198 viewsMJallday

The Orville is good

Looking forward to Picard

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Login to get fewer ads

Star Trek : Picard on 10:49 - Jan 16 with 1191 viewschicoazul

Star Trek : Picard on 09:21 - Jan 16 by StokieBlue

DS9 was good because at the time it was competing with Babylon 5 and had to have a long story arc. The individual stories are nice but aren't as good as when there is a large arc.

SB

DS9 was good because the writers and Ron Moore were excellent.

And I love VH's naffness! Who hasnt wanted to neck pinch a scary punk on the bus at some point?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Star Trek : Picard on 11:47 - Jan 16 with 1152 viewsBigManBlue

Star Trek : Picard on 10:49 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

DS9 was good because the writers and Ron Moore were excellent.

And I love VH's naffness! Who hasnt wanted to neck pinch a scary punk on the bus at some point?

DS9 was my favourite, but part of that is probably that it was the one I primarily grew up with. Am I right in thinking it was the same writers who did BSG?

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Star Trek : Picard on 11:51 - Jan 16 with 1145 viewsDanTheMan

Star Trek : Picard on 09:21 - Jan 16 by StokieBlue

SB

I also enjoyed how it explicitly explored a war scenario that they had avoided doing for the other series which focused on exploration.

I also enjoyed the new Discovery series although probably in the minority there.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Star Trek : Picard on 11:52 - Jan 16 with 1140 viewsStokieBlue

Star Trek : Picard on 11:51 - Jan 16 by DanTheMan

I also enjoyed how it explicitly explored a war scenario that they had avoided doing for the other series which focused on exploration.

I also enjoyed the new Discovery series although probably in the minority there.

I liked Discovery as well, thought it was far superior to Enterprise for instance which I couldn't even be bothered to persevere with.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Star Trek : Picard on 11:53 - Jan 16 with 1135 viewsDanTheMan

Star Trek : Picard on 11:52 - Jan 16 by StokieBlue

I liked Discovery as well, thought it was far superior to Enterprise for instance which I couldn't even be bothered to persevere with.

SB

Yeah, not a high bar, Enterprise was naff.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Star Trek : Picard on 12:36 - Jan 16 with 1089 viewsChiefXL

None of these series mentioned can hold a torch to Babylon 5
Star Trek : Picard on 13:57 - Jan 16 with 1033 viewsJohnWarksTash

I always preferred Cuddles.........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024