Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a bad courtesy car... 16:13 - Jan 21 with 9187 viewsSitfcB

...only £139,000 worth!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Not a bad courtesy car... on 19:07 - Jan 21 with 1862 viewshampstead_blue

It's not hard to give someone a flash car for a day if.......you're placing a seed in their mind for their next car.

Sales, sales, sales......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Not a bad courtesy car... on 00:04 - Jan 22 with 1809 viewsBLUEBEAT

Poll: W or W

Not a bad courtesy car... on 00:10 - Jan 22 with 1803 viewsjeera

Not a bad courtesy car... on 00:04 - Jan 22 by BLUEBEAT

TWTD

I remember as kids we used to spot the odd player's car, usually with their name on the doors along with the sponsors.

I think that's where I got the Montego thing from.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Not a bad courtesy car... on 07:31 - Jan 22 with 1741 viewsBluefish

He had his phone with him to film it so surely he could have just unlocked his car on the app? Do Audi not have that? I will be surprised if they don't

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Not a bad courtesy car... on 07:37 - Jan 22 with 1736 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not a bad courtesy car... on 07:31 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

He had his phone with him to film it so surely he could have just unlocked his car on the app? Do Audi not have that? I will be surprised if they don't

He doesn’t, he has a Range Rover

And checking the app, it confirms whether the car is locked or not but doesn’t give the option of locking/unlocking

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Not a bad courtesy car... on 07:43 - Jan 22 with 1730 viewsBluefish

Not a bad courtesy car... on 07:37 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And checking the app, it confirms whether the car is locked or not but doesn’t give the option of locking/unlocking

The BMW app allows you to lock and unlock remotely I assumed Audi would have copied

Not a bad courtesy car... on 07:46 - Jan 22 with 1723 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not a bad courtesy car... on 07:43 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

The BMW app allows you to lock and unlock remotely I assumed Audi would have copied

No idea what Audi do, I was talking about Land Rover as he drives a Range Rover and that’s what he had to smash the window on

Should probably add that it could differ by make/model I suppose, but the Land Rover app is fairly basic really

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Not a bad courtesy car... on 07:48 - Jan 22 with 1720 viewsBluefish

Not a bad courtesy car... on 07:46 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No idea what Audi do, I was talking about Land Rover as he drives a Range Rover and that’s what he had to smash the window on

Should probably add that it could differ by make/model I suppose, but the Land Rover app is fairly basic really

I thought someone said he swapped the LR for an Audi? Would make sense if he took it back to an Audi dealer

Login to get fewer ads

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:04 - Jan 22 with 1708 viewsSitfcB

Not a bad courtesy car... on 07:37 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He has an Audi

Not a bad courtesy car... by SitfcB 21 Jan 2020 17:02
Went from the Range Rover to an Audi the other month...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4seljvD9VR/?igshid=he50g5lsoe18

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:15 - Jan 22 with 1709 viewstextbackup

I can not stand the "look at me" world we live in.

what's worse is when people take to social media to thank a company for something they've just paid money for, like they've done them a favour letting them buy something off them.

mates wife constantly tags in companies where she's brought kids clothes from "thanks for the package guys" - you paid for the clothes and the postage you thick cow, they didn't send it for free

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:29 - Jan 22 with 1701 viewsitfcjoe

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:15 - Jan 22 by textbackup

what's worse is when people take to social media to thank a company for something they've just paid money for, like they've done them a favour letting them buy something off them.

mates wife constantly tags in companies where she's brought kids clothes from "thanks for the package guys" - you paid for the clothes and the postage you thick cow, they didn't send it for free

You'd be amazed how much free stuff things like that can get you down the line.

We did some work for someone, and they have about 20k Instagram followers for something, haven't checked their page to see what it is but think it is interior design sort of stuff - they started like that and now get so much stuff. Had a bay recently, got all buggies, car seats, clothes, etc sent to them and just post about them - saved them hundreds of quid, maybe thousands.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:30 - Jan 22 with 1701 viewsBluefish

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:15 - Jan 22 by textbackup

Agreed and I also know some with serious cash that put the slightest complaint against companies on their thinking they are now a massive deal. I'm fine with the odd twitter for a complaint but not absolutely everything just begging for attention.

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:38 - Jan 22 with 1693 viewstextbackup

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:30 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

Agreed and I also know some with serious cash that put the slightest complaint against companies on their thinking they are now a massive deal. I'm fine with the odd twitter for a complaint but not absolutely everything just begging for attention.

does me in massively!
or when on holiday, instagram videos, tagging in the place "thanks for having us guys"
you paid to go there ffs.

anyway uppa towen

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:48 - Jan 22 with 1678 viewstextbackup

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:29 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

You'd be amazed how much free stuff things like that can get you down the line.

We did some work for someone, and they have about 20k Instagram followers for something, haven't checked their page to see what it is but think it is interior design sort of stuff - they started like that and now get so much stuff. Had a bay recently, got all buggies, car seats, clothes, etc sent to them and just post about them - saved them hundreds of quid, maybe thousands.

that's nice for them.
but I couldn't bring myself to be like that. I was brought up to work hard to pay for things you want/need. not pick a phone up and beg for attention/free stuff.

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:52 - Jan 22 with 1670 viewsitfcjoe

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:48 - Jan 22 by textbackup

that's nice for them.
but I couldn't bring myself to be like that. I was brought up to work hard to pay for things you want/need. not pick a phone up and beg for attention/free stuff.

It's a career now for some people, and would guess even being a YouTuber is hard work - and 99% fail or make no money doing it.

What i find strange is the richest people, the people who can afford things, get given the most free stuff

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:01 - Jan 22 with 1659 viewsDanTheMan

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:52 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

It's a career now for some people, and would guess even being a YouTuber is hard work - and 99% fail or make no money doing it.

What i find strange is the richest people, the people who can afford things, get given the most free stuff

Being a YouTuber, certainly for certain types / genres of videos, is quite difficult.

To make money you have to be recording interesting content daily, with high quality equipment.

Then you have to find the time to edit down the videos.

And you have to be actively promoting them.

Gets a little easier when you get more experienced at it, and if you can get to the point you can hire an editor for the videos that frees up time for even more content but most people are not going to get that far.

Not to say there aren't talentless people doing utter nonsense videos and getting a lot of money for it but we could say that about most mediums (rubbish films, reality TV, crappy but popular books etc.).

Was watching a YouTube channel that does some interesting short documentaries on the bus this morning.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:01 - Jan 22 with 1661 viewstextbackup

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:52 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

I forget what I was watching the other day, but it was pretty much saying that social media has fcked people so bad, with the way they look at life now. blokes all chipping in £150/200 each to get a booth in a club to have a pic with a bottle of posh champagne, just for the likes and apparent status they then hold..... whilst living at home with parents aged 25.
peoples priorities have got in a real big muddle.

but as you say, its the rich that get given more that forces the poor to try and keep up

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:11 - Jan 22 with 1649 viewstextbackup

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:01 - Jan 22 by DanTheMan

Being a YouTuber, certainly for certain types / genres of videos, is quite difficult.

To make money you have to be recording interesting content daily, with high quality equipment.

Then you have to find the time to edit down the videos.

And you have to be actively promoting them.

Gets a little easier when you get more experienced at it, and if you can get to the point you can hire an editor for the videos that frees up time for even more content but most people are not going to get that far.

Not to say there aren't talentless people doing utter nonsense videos and getting a lot of money for it but we could say that about most mediums (rubbish films, reality TV, crappy but popular books etc.).

Was watching a YouTube channel that does some interesting short documentaries on the bus this morning.

my kids watch this girl on you tube, ruby rube, absolute dogsht it is I must say...... her net worth, 1.4million quid!!

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:22 - Jan 22 with 1641 viewsitfcjoe

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:01 - Jan 22 by textbackup

I forget what I was watching the other day, but it was pretty much saying that social media has fcked people so bad, with the way they look at life now. blokes all chipping in £150/200 each to get a booth in a club to have a pic with a bottle of posh champagne, just for the likes and apparent status they then hold..... whilst living at home with parents aged 25.
peoples priorities have got in a real big muddle.

but as you say, its the rich that get given more that forces the poor to try and keep up

I see some kids wearing clothes that I know cost an absolute furtune, like a Balenciaga jumper with an Icon hat which alone has probably cost £700 before you even know what T-Shirt and jeans and trainers they are wearing which must cost a small fortune too.

For all the influencers on Social Media getting stuff chucked at them, there are probably 1000 others spending silly money trying to get noticed - it's sad really and just leads to people thinking they aren't worthy and must mess your head up. I'm glad my kids are young as presume social media will have settled down a bit by the time they start using it.

Was listening to something similar the other day, talking about girls with those weird eyebrows they have now, just saying how they look absolutely rubbish but show up better on social media - so they make themselves look ridiculous to those they actually see like friends and boyfriends to make themselves look good for those they will never meet - priorities gone wrong

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:32 - Jan 22 with 1625 viewsDanTheMan

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:11 - Jan 22 by textbackup

my kids watch this girl on you tube, ruby rube, absolute dogsht it is I must say...... her net worth, 1.4million quid!!

Quick look suggests she just does clickbait videos (3am challenges and other nonsense like that) which will be why she is popular.

She's a kid though so hard to be that mad at her, and it'll just be kids watching it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:34 - Jan 22 with 1624 viewsKieran_Knows

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:22 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

I see some kids wearing clothes that I know cost an absolute furtune, like a Balenciaga jumper with an Icon hat which alone has probably cost £700 before you even know what T-Shirt and jeans and trainers they are wearing which must cost a small fortune too.

For all the influencers on Social Media getting stuff chucked at them, there are probably 1000 others spending silly money trying to get noticed - it's sad really and just leads to people thinking they aren't worthy and must mess your head up. I'm glad my kids are young as presume social media will have settled down a bit by the time they start using it.

Was listening to something similar the other day, talking about girls with those weird eyebrows they have now, just saying how they look absolutely rubbish but show up better on social media - so they make themselves look ridiculous to those they actually see like friends and boyfriends to make themselves look good for those they will never meet - priorities gone wrong

I'd be surprised if half the clothes you see aren't fake though. A mate of mine was wearing a pair of Yeezy's just before Xmas which I know are £275 a pop. I said 'bloody hell mate, doing well wearing those kind of trainers' and he said that they were actually fake (you wouldn't have known otherwise). He told me they came from a website called 'DH gate'. Basically it's all designer fake gear for an absolute fraction of the cost. You do have the wade through a lot of sh*t stuff on there, but as long as you pick the clothes/shoes with the highest ratings and best reviews, you'd never know that it was fake. Most of it comes from China mind, but still really good quality.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 9:35]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:42 - Jan 22 with 1616 viewstextbackup

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:32 - Jan 22 by DanTheMan

Quick look suggests she just does clickbait videos (3am challenges and other nonsense like that) which will be why she is popular.

She's a kid though so hard to be that mad at her, and it'll just be kids watching it.

oh certainly not made at her, shes given me plenty of free time while they are glued to it :)

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:45 - Jan 22 with 1612 viewstextbackup

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:34 - Jan 22 by Kieran_Knows

I'd be surprised if half the clothes you see aren't fake though. A mate of mine was wearing a pair of Yeezy's just before Xmas which I know are £275 a pop. I said 'bloody hell mate, doing well wearing those kind of trainers' and he said that they were actually fake (you wouldn't have known otherwise). He told me they came from a website called 'DH gate'. Basically it's all designer fake gear for an absolute fraction of the cost. You do have the wade through a lot of sh*t stuff on there, but as long as you pick the clothes/shoes with the highest ratings and best reviews, you'd never know that it was fake. Most of it comes from China mind, but still really good quality.

Reuser buys fake fruit of the loom tshirts off that website

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:58 - Jan 22 with 1594 viewsSamWhiteUK

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:34 - Jan 22 by Kieran_Knows

I couldn't bring myself to buy a fake version of something, if I can't afford it, and I want it, I'll have to work for it. But that again demonstrates the fact that people think these sort of clothes give them status, the fact that they're willing to buy fakes!

I mean, obviously it works on you, wearing seemingly expensive clothes, as you commented on them!
Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:04 - Jan 22 with 1584 viewsKieran_Knows

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:58 - Jan 22 by SamWhiteUK

I couldn't bring myself to buy a fake version of something, if I can't afford it, and I want it, I'll have to work for it. But that again demonstrates the fact that people think these sort of clothes give them status, the fact that they're willing to buy fakes!

I mean, obviously it works on you, wearing seemingly expensive clothes, as you commented on them!

Indeed, I'd say I'm in the same boat, will only buy designer stuff if I can afford it (although I have brought a couple of fake football tops - I buy shirts from wherever I've visited in the world and despise the thought of paying like £75 for a shirt).

Ha. I did actually buy a pair of real Yeezy's myself a couple of years ago for £180, but I sent them back as I thought it was quite ridiculous when they turned up.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024