Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) 15:51 - Jan 30 with 2338 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 16:04 - Jan 30 with 2313 viewsNewcyBlue

Cheap Renault.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 16:10 - Jan 30 with 2299 viewshomer_123

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 16:04 - Jan 30 by NewcyBlue

Cheap Renault.

So, even flimsier and crappier than Renault then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 16:20 - Jan 30 with 2277 viewsNewcyBlue

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 16:10 - Jan 30 by homer_123

If that’s even possible....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 16:24 - Jan 30 with 2253 viewshampstead_blue

Spend the money on something quality and second hand instead.

You will get destroyed on residuals on something like that.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 16:28 - Jan 30 with 2257 viewsSouperJim

Depends what you mean by "good" and whether you're buying new or used. The Duster for example is a perfectly adequate family car, pretty average across the board really. You'll struggle to beat it for value for money if you've got your heart set on buying something from new (why?).
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 16:28]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 17:13 - Jan 30 with 2174 viewsfinidi_george

They have a nasty habit of rusting the second they leave the dealership - and the panels are all aligned using a lucky dip system. Personally would avoid wherever possible - you get what you pay for.
Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 18:23 - Jan 30 with 2094 viewsjeera

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 16:28 - Jan 30 by SouperJim

Depends what you mean by "good" and whether you're buying new or used. The Duster for example is a perfectly adequate family car, pretty average across the board really. You'll struggle to beat it for value for money if you've got your heart set on buying something from new (why?).
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 16:28]

I wouldn't have one based on finding the adverts more than irritating.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 18:34 - Jan 30 with 2068 viewsBloomBlue

Do they have a full electric version?
Login to get fewer ads

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 18:44 - Jan 30 with 2039 viewsPendejo

If you want cheaper end of the scale and aren't badge conscious buy Skoda

I know of someone with a Dacia who thinks its wonderful but then he only uses it to tow a jet ski, put it in / take it out of the sea and didn't want salt water anywhere near his Range Rover...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 18:51 - Jan 30 with 2021 viewsjas0999

They are cheap for a reason. Not a great car.
Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 19:38 - Jan 30 with 1959 viewsGeoffSentence

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 18:44 - Jan 30 by Pendejo

If you want cheaper end of the scale and aren't badge conscious buy Skoda

I know of someone with a Dacia who thinks its wonderful but then he only uses it to tow a jet ski, put it in / take it out of the sea and didn't want salt water anywhere near his Range Rover...

Been thinking about Skoda, had a few good reviews from friends and family who have one or have had one. They don't look particularly cheap though.

Ruling out Dacia based on the feedback from TWTD. I trust you guys,

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 19:43 - Jan 30 with 1944 viewsjeera

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 19:38 - Jan 30 by GeoffSentence

Been thinking about Skoda, had a few good reviews from friends and family who have one or have had one. They don't look particularly cheap though.

Skoda make good motors. I'm not sure what Penders there means by the badge - it's had a decent name for some time now.

Their prices have gone up for second hand as their popularity has increased and I'd have one like a shot if in a position to and needed a new car.

I do like the Octavia Estates but remember being in a Superb as a passenger a couple of times and that was a really nice car.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 20:35]

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 19:48 - Jan 30 with 1929 viewsPecker

There are some very, very good cars in the second hand market now. You will get a much better car for less money. That would be my advice.
Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 20:13 - Jan 30 with 1886 viewstrueblue1970

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 19:38 - Jan 30 by GeoffSentence

I had a duster decent vehicle sold it to a mate 4 yrs on still a decent reliable car hasn’t let him down

We have a Skoda octavia VRS our 4th Skoda would highly recommend Skoda as other have said the second hand market is also strong on Skoda an did you look a bout alot of taxi drivers use Skoda Octavia which Shows how decent they are
Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 20:28 - Jan 30 with 1861 viewsBbmaj

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 19:43 - Jan 30 by jeera

Skoda make good motors. I'm not sure what Penders there means by the badge - it's had a decent name for some time now.

Their prices have gone up for second hand as their popularity has increased and I'd have one like a shot if in a position to and needed a new car.

I do like the Octavia Estates but remember being in a Superb as a passenger a couple of times and that was a really nice car.

How do you double the value of a Skoda? Fill the tank...

That’s about 2 decades wrong. Vw engineering changed that game.

Second hand car = potential cost. But the savings are worth it if you can accept the risk.

With a Dacia you may find essential extras push the price beyond good value, but if you don’t care about luxury or image, it makes a very sensible choice for some.

(Confessions of a nearly new Yeti buyer).
Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 21:00 - Jan 30 with 1806 viewsronnyd

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 19:43 - Jan 30 by jeera

I had a Superb estate as a courtesy car when mine was being repaired and it was, well, superb.
Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 22:58 - Jan 30 with 1689 viewsjeera

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 21:00 - Jan 30 by ronnyd

I had a Superb estate as a courtesy car when mine was being repaired and it was, well, superb.

Really comfortable aren't they, and spacious.

With lots of gadgety things too.

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 23:27 - Jan 30 with 1658 viewsBlueForYou

I’ve had a second hand Kia estate for four years now. It’s been extremely reliable & economical. Only trouble has been three punctures, but I live in a very rural area. I’ve found Kia very easy to deal with also, & they all have a seven year warranty. I did look at Dacia, Skoda, Volvo, really wanted Mercedes but couldn’t afford one, so went with the Kia.
Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 23:37 - Jan 30 with 1647 viewsLord_Lucan

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 16:10 - Jan 30 by homer_123

That's a very difficult thing to achieve, the designer must be a genius.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 23:42 - Jan 30 with 1633 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Skoda make good cars, VWs in a different skin.

They are not cheap though.

Fiat make good cars nowadays if you want a new car on the cheap side of things. I know a dealer and he says their reliability is superb, as good as any model. The days when they had a bad reputation for breaking down are long gone.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 00:16 - Jan 31 with 1599 viewsIPS_wich

Car people. Dacias are cheap as chips, but are they any good? (n/t) on 23:27 - Jan 30 by BlueForYou

I’ve had a second hand Kia estate for four years now. It’s been extremely reliable & economical. Only trouble has been three punctures, but I live in a very rural area. I’ve found Kia very easy to deal with also, & they all have a seven year warranty. I did look at Dacia, Skoda, Volvo, really wanted Mercedes but couldn’t afford one, so went with the Kia.

Completely agree. I’ve had 4 Audis and a Range Rover in the past but when we moved to Australia we had no credit history and most European cars were stupidly expensive (almost double the price compared to the UK). Most cars on the road here are Toyotas, Nissans and Hyundais.

We initially got a 12 month old Kia Sportage which we then changed to the 7-seat Sorrento three years ago. Also got a little Picanto 12 months ago as a small runaround and because our oldest is going to be learning to drive next year.

All three Kias have been very reliable (not a single fault), the warranty is unrivalled and the servicing cheap. Plus with every new model the interior and exterior design is improving ten-fold. All very similar to the journey Skoda went on 15 years ago. Couldn’t ever justify going premium brand again because the difference in quality is so minimal but the price difference staggering.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024