Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club's financial position 12:58 - Jan 31 with 2635 viewskizaitfc

Surely it has to be huge worry when we cant even afford to loan players now.

Personally I don't think we are desperate to sign players, but clearly Lambert wanted to bring in some experienced heads.

Other than selling players this club cannot improve, which leads to a very dangerous game where you are gambling on being able to buy better players with the money brought in by selling your best players.

Obviously something the club massively failed on last season.

Something has to give at the top of this club, I don't see how this is good for Evans or ITFC at the moment

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Club's financial position on 13:02 - Jan 31 with 2610 viewsxrayspecs

Our wage bill/transfer budget is capped due to financial fair play rules.
Club's financial position on 13:10 - Jan 31 with 2577 viewsSouperJim

"all of a sudden you find out that if you don’t play them there’s a massive bill attached to it"

I would speculate that there's the answer to why Holy lost his place to Norris.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Club's financial position on 13:11 - Jan 31 with 2564 viewsfooters

We're currently a League One club which will attract League One players. If we get promoted, we'll have an extra £7m per year in the coffers and could attract players more suited to the Champ. That's just the way it is at the mo.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Club's financial position on 13:12 - Jan 31 with 2564 viewskizaitfc

Club's financial position on 13:10 - Jan 31 by SouperJim

"all of a sudden you find out that if you don’t play them there’s a massive bill attached to it"

Yes seems that way to me, that is a crazy thing to have in a contract

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Club's financial position on 13:13 - Jan 31 with 2554 viewsfooters

Club's financial position on 13:12 - Jan 31 by kizaitfc

Yes seems that way to me, that is a crazy thing to have in a contract

Not if you want to guarantee that one of your development players actually plays games on loan. Makes sense for the parent club and loanee.

Club's financial position on 13:15 - Jan 31 with 2545 viewskizaitfc

Club's financial position on 13:11 - Jan 31 by footers

We're currently a League One club which will attract League One players. If we get promoted, we'll have an extra £7m per year in the coffers and could attract players more suited to the Champ. That's just the way it is at the mo.

I don't think it is that simple, if and its a big if we do go up do you really expect anything to change?

It has been the case of sell to buy since Mick came to the club, Evans will not fund this club anymore which is fair enough he has lost enough money funding it.

But surely he needs to take a look and realise maybe he cant afford this anymore. I know then we will have the whole issue of who will want to buy us? what if we get a worse owner in? Obviously they are big issues but we may need to take the gamble otherwise we will continue to struggle to tread water in this age of football IMO

Club's financial position on 13:16 - Jan 31 with 2537 viewskizaitfc

Club's financial position on 13:13 - Jan 31 by footers

Not if you want to guarantee that one of your development players actually plays games on loan. Makes sense for the parent club and loanee.

You cant force a team to play your player, what if they have a bad spell, players need to prove themselves at the level they are playing.

I'm not being funny but if Norris couldn't get in a League 1 team without having this ridiculous clause, would Wolves really want to keep him anyway?

Club's financial position on 13:16 - Jan 31 with 2537 viewsSouperJim

But not the club loaning the player if that player turns out to be not as good as someone else in the squad in that position. Even more so an important position like goalkeeper.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Club's financial position on 13:18 - Jan 31 with 2526 viewsfooters

Club's financial position on 13:15 - Jan 31 by kizaitfc

I don't think it is that simple, if and its a big if we do go up do you really expect anything to change?

It has been the case of sell to buy since Mick came to the club, Evans will not fund this club anymore which is fair enough he has lost enough money funding it.

But surely he needs to take a look and realise maybe he cant afford this anymore. I know then we will have the whole issue of who will want to buy us? what if we get a worse owner in? Obviously they are big issues but we may need to take the gamble otherwise we will continue to struggle to tread water in this age of football IMO

If we're promoted, our wage structure can change back to similar levels to last year. Don't forget the huge cuts our players had to take thanks to relegation. Unless we can increase wages there's not much chance of attracting the type of quality that the Championship demands, sadly.

As for ownership, we are where we are. Sure Evans would love to stop losing millions a year but not buyer has come forward that he thought would be in the best interests of the Club. Given the types of owners we've seen in recent years, Evans may be a big blessing in disguise.

Club's financial position on 13:20 - Jan 31 with 2519 viewsVaughan8

People do realise loans aren't free? You either pay a fee, or their wages or both.

And as Lambert said if you don't play them you get fined.

We don't want players here who we have to play unless they are better than the current players.

As someone said, this is probably what has happened regarding Norris, or they threatened to recall him or whatever.

It's a sad state when these clauses are being included but these bigger teams want their youngsters playing.
Club's financial position on 13:20 - Jan 31 with 2516 viewsfooters

Club's financial position on 13:16 - Jan 31 by kizaitfc

You cant force a team to play your player, what if they have a bad spell, players need to prove themselves at the level they are playing.

I'm not being funny but if Norris couldn't get in a League 1 team without having this ridiculous clause, would Wolves really want to keep him anyway?

Not saying I think it's fair, but that's why such penalties are included for those contracts. The bigger clubs want their players developed. Whether they're up to it or not, I'm not sure they're bothered about the other party.

Club's financial position on 13:28 - Jan 31 with 2491 viewskizaitfc

Club's financial position on 13:20 - Jan 31 by Vaughan8

People do realise loans aren't free? You either pay a fee, or their wages or both.

And as Lambert said if you don't play them you get fined.

We don't want players here who we have to play unless they are better than the current players.

As someone said, this is probably what has happened regarding Norris, or they threatened to recall him or whatever.

It's a sad state when these clauses are being included but these bigger teams want their youngsters playing.

Of course they aren't free, but they are one of the cheapest options to improve a squad in the short term.

If we cant even afford to do that as one of the biggest clubs in League 1 where other League 1 clubs are doing business, surely that is an issue.

Club's financial position on 13:32 - Jan 31 with 2466 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, Town do exactly the same themselves.
Club's financial position on 13:32 - Jan 31 with 2464 viewskizaitfc

Club's financial position on 13:18 - Jan 31 by footers

If we're promoted, our wage structure can change back to similar levels to last year. Don't forget the huge cuts our players had to take thanks to relegation. Unless we can increase wages there's not much chance of attracting the type of quality that the Championship demands, sadly.

As for ownership, we are where we are. Sure Evans would love to stop losing millions a year but not buyer has come forward that he thought would be in the best interests of the Club. Given the types of owners we've seen in recent years, Evans may be a big blessing in disguise.

I get your point on the wage structure, but don't forget that means if we go up those players who had their wages cut, presumably will have their wages increased again.

And with a hefty sized squad that £7m will soon be gone.

Other owners are gambling and spending money, taking the chance of a big windfall should they get to the dizzy heights of the lucrative premiership. To me Evans has given up he seems happy to keep the club ticking over with the small hope that we hit gold with our youngsters and the odd free transfer.

Club's financial position on 13:33 - Jan 31 with 2456 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's been a huge worry for years and is why we've seen our own version of austerity seeing us down into League 1.

Marcus can't afford for us to be competitive financially, sadly, despite spending tens of millions on us (which is a crazy amount to throw away, nobody can deny he hasn't spent a lot of money). Unfortunately he's also wasted much of what he has spent through a succession of disastrous decisions.

I very much doubt that we'd do much better under ME even if he was spending more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Club's financial position on 13:38 - Jan 31 with 2437 viewsVaughan8

Club's financial position on 13:28 - Jan 31 by kizaitfc

Of course they aren't free, but they are one of the cheapest options to improve a squad in the short term.

If we cant even afford to do that as one of the biggest clubs in League 1 where other League 1 clubs are doing business, surely that is an issue.

"If we cant even afford to do that as one of the biggest clubs in League 1 where other League 1 clubs are doing business, surely that is an issue."

Surely the problem is that what is available at the price we want to pay isn't going to improve our team.

I'm not going to lie, I don't know every signing in league one and from what one I do know have happened, I wouldn't really know how good they were. What signing in League one done this transfer window would improve our first team?

I agree that we should be getting a few people in to "guarantee" promotion (I know we can't guarantee it really, but to help), but we need players who are better than what we have.

Presumably our wage bill must be one of the biggest in the league. And don't these lower leagues have caps on wages etc?
Club's financial position on 13:57 - Jan 31 with 2388 viewsElephantintheRoom

Such hardship being forced to play your own players.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Club's financial position on 16:24 - Jan 31 with 2191 viewsitfcbam

Club's financial position on 13:11 - Jan 31 by footers

wont be quite as straightforward as that. A chunk of that 7m will be taken in player wage increases. Think fair to say we will also make a significant loss this season which explains the lack of spending. we also have a large squad for this division. It's easy to forget a lot of this, which unfortunately several do.
Club's financial position on 16:34 - Jan 31 with 2174 viewshadleighboyblue

We shouldn't have dropped our own player because of threats from Wolves , if it came to it he could have gone back to them …..plenty more fish in the sea .

I think Holy has been badly treated , he's just as good as Norris …..and he's our player who will be here next year .
Club's financial position on 04:31 - Feb 1 with 1968 viewsbraveblue

That really depends on the deal negotiated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024