Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans is the problem 18:41 - Feb 8 with 7648 viewsBlue_Armee

He is the consistent of our club’s demise. Please sell our club to someone who cares

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Evans is the problem on 18:48 - Feb 8 with 4091 viewsOxford_Blue

......and who is happy to lose at least £6m a year purely for the pleasure of owning a club in league one with no assets and a whole load of issues on and off the pitch.

Then this mythical person also will be expected to make available further tens of millions of their own money just so the fans - who won’t put in their own money or risk their financial security - can feel that the manager cares.

Good luck with that.
Evans is the problem on 18:49 - Feb 8 with 4076 viewsblueconscience

Evans is the problem on 18:48 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

......and who is happy to lose at least £6m a year purely for the pleasure of owning a club in league one with no assets and a whole load of issues on and off the pitch.

Then this mythical person also will be expected to make available further tens of millions of their own money just so the fans - who won’t put in their own money or risk their financial security - can feel that the manager cares.

Good luck with that.

Well, Evans is stupid enough to lose 6 million a year, so there must be other people.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 18:51]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Evans is the problem on 18:51 - Feb 8 with 4064 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the problem on 18:49 - Feb 8 by blueconscience

Well, Evans is stupid enough to lose 6 million a year, so there must be other people.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 18:51]

No. Evans never intended to lose the money. That’s the point.

Anyone buying the club knows exactly what they are in for.

Evans thought he would be making tens of millions profit in the premiership.
Evans is the problem on 18:52 - Feb 8 with 4055 viewsReuser_is_God

He is yes, but failure to go up this season is all on Lambert.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Evans is the problem on 18:54 - Feb 8 with 4050 viewsblueprint

Good luck with that.

Evens isn’t doing us any favours though. We have just gone downhill season after season ( apart from 1) . Other teams have moved on after being run poorly by a previous owner.
Evans is the problem on 18:54 - Feb 8 with 4050 viewsblueconscience

Evans is the problem on 18:51 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

No. Evans never intended to lose the money. That’s the point.

Anyone buying the club knows exactly what they are in for.

Evans thought he would be making tens of millions profit in the premiership.

But why would he want to keep a failing project going, cut your losses and get rid, worst case he can fold the club, as the club will fold sooner or later with Evans at the helm.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Evans is the problem on 18:58 - Feb 8 with 4022 viewsMattinLondon

ITFC is currently like one of those once grandiose houses you sometimes walk past which now look awful. If you have an ageing house, in a poor area, surrounded by even worse housing, then you won’t get a lot of potential bidders. That is what the club is now. There is no wealthy buyer lurking around the corner willing to invest millions upon millions.

ME is a totally inept owner who puts in the bare minimum on the whim that he may get lucky and somehow finds himself as the owner of a PL club. Saying that I will be surprised if anyone else will currently put in six million per year.
Evans is the problem on 19:01 - Feb 8 with 4012 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the problem on 18:54 - Feb 8 by blueconscience

But why would he want to keep a failing project going, cut your losses and get rid, worst case he can fold the club, as the club will fold sooner or later with Evans at the helm.

Yes you’re right. He does want to do that.

But he can’t sell his shares unless he finds a buyer. Becoming the new owner means having to take over all those losses. Even if he sold for £1 it means that the buyer is immediately responsible for all the losses. They are £6m a year.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 19:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Evans is the problem on 19:02 - Feb 8 with 3990 viewsOxford_Blue

He can’t fold the club because he owes duties to the 12.5% shareholders who are former Baird members and who would never agree to see the club go under.
Evans is the problem on 19:03 - Feb 8 with 3986 viewsblueconscience

Evans is the problem on 19:01 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

Yes you’re right. He does want to do that.

But he can’t sell his shares unless he finds a buyer. Becoming the new owner means having to take over all those losses. Even if he sold for £1 it means that the buyer is immediately responsible for all the losses. They are £6m a year.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 19:01]

“Thank you Evans”, is all I can say for what he has turned this club into.

But it will be interesting watching how far we fall through the leagues.

Evans is the problem on 19:05 - Feb 8 with 3975 viewsRegencyBlue

Each year this shambles continues we become even less attractive to potential buyers for sure.

I’m beginning to think Evans has done for us and it’s just a question of when, not if, we fold.

Sad times!
Evans is the problem on 19:07 - Feb 8 with 3953 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the problem on 19:03 - Feb 8 by blueconscience

“Thank you Evans”, is all I can say for what he has turned this club into.

But it will be interesting watching how far we fall through the leagues.

I’m not sure how much disposable cash he has actually. He’s worth a lot but that’s all based on the valuation of his businesses. I’m not sure any of them are doing hugely well. Corporate hospitality is not the gravy train it was in the boom years of the mid 2000s. Companies are cutting down on this. I mean, I’m sure he does ok but he doesn’t have tens of millions lying around. He also owes a duty to his other companies and employees.
Evans is the problem on 19:15 - Feb 8 with 3913 viewsdavblue

Good luck with that.

So put the right people in charge to make the money that he does go as far as it can.

As I’ve said numerous times to you. Fair enough he can’t put money in but get good people around him to make the right decisions as time after time Evans doesn’t. People can make mistakes but to do it over and over again is poor.
Evans is the problem on 19:36 - Feb 8 with 3848 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the problem on 19:15 - Feb 8 by davblue

So put the right people in charge to make the money that he does go as far as it can.

As I’ve said numerous times to you. Fair enough he can’t put money in but get good people around him to make the right decisions as time after time Evans doesn’t. People can make mistakes but to do it over and over again is poor.

No one would disagree with that.

He’s had Magilton, Keane, Jewell, Hurst and Lambert. Almost every box fixed - town legend, then football legend, then solid name, then another solid name, then a young manager, then a manager who’s taken Norwich up to the prem from this league.

All reasonable appointments. All failed.
Evans is the problem on 19:49 - Feb 8 with 3795 viewsmikeybloo88

Evans is the problem on 19:36 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

No one would disagree with that.

He’s had Magilton, Keane, Jewell, Hurst and Lambert. Almost every box fixed - town legend, then football legend, then solid name, then another solid name, then a young manager, then a manager who’s taken Norwich up to the prem from this league.

All reasonable appointments. All failed.

So, the common denominator as we’ve got steadily worse is....Evans. Hires the wrong people who buy,the wrong players , or don’t sell the right players...there must be something in the water at PR which turns backbones to jelly.
Evans is the problem on 19:57 - Feb 8 with 3774 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the problem on 19:49 - Feb 8 by mikeybloo88

So, the common denominator as we’ve got steadily worse is....Evans. Hires the wrong people who buy,the wrong players , or don’t sell the right players...there must be something in the water at PR which turns backbones to jelly.

Yes. His hires haven’t worked, clearly.

The question is at the time those people were appointed, were they bad hires?

I forgot MM.
Evans is the problem on 20:04 - Feb 8 with 3737 viewsDubtractor

Good luck with that.

You spend a huge amount of time defending Evans on here, which is odd when you consider just how crap a job he has made of running our club.

£6m a year blah blah blah every sodding time.

But ignoring the rank incompetence with which he has actually run the club, employed key staff, engaged with the supporters and absolutely everything apart from his £6m quid a year.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Evans is the problem on 20:05 - Feb 8 with 3735 viewsblueconscience

Evans is the problem on 19:57 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

Yes. His hires haven’t worked, clearly.

The question is at the time those people were appointed, were they bad hires?

I forgot MM.

I still think his biggest failure is not appointing a real “Director of Football”.

His mouthpieces (Clegg, Milne) were both clueless failures, I wont pass judgement on O’Neil just yet, but his latest stories are doing him no favours.

Evans is the problem on 20:06 - Feb 8 with 3732 viewsoneoffposter

If you asked Evans he’d probably tell you he had a good guy who was doing a decent job but was forced to make a change by.......us, and he had to gamble on a young unproven guy as we didn’t want another ‘safe pair of hands’

Getting the right man is not simple other than Jim and Mick the others haven’t worked but had he ever appointed someone that bad on paper at time of appointment?

I’ve been in favour of most so personally don’t feel I can pan him too much
Evans is the problem on 20:43 - Feb 8 with 3626 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the problem on 20:04 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

You spend a huge amount of time defending Evans on here, which is odd when you consider just how crap a job he has made of running our club.

£6m a year blah blah blah every sodding time.

But ignoring the rank incompetence with which he has actually run the club, employed key staff, engaged with the supporters and absolutely everything apart from his £6m quid a year.

You’ve not understood.

I’m not defending him, other than that his managerial appointments were reasonable at the time and approved by a significant body of the support base. He has tried most combinations - as I’ve said above, town legends to football legends to safe hands to young lower league managers etc.

What I have tried to do is to explain that we can’t just “sack” the owner; no one will buy the club because it’s a terrible investment; and Evans doesn’t have the cash to spend to get us to the premiership even if he wanted to invest it.

You know, maybe it’s just too bad on us.
Evans is the problem on 21:05 - Feb 8 with 3524 viewsbraveblue

Good luck with that.

Can’t believe how may fall for this story. A loss is not the same as cash in. He bought the debt for very little. He bought the training ground for £1 I believe and it now sits in a group company. Why?
The losses are a direct result of his awful leadership and decision making. So like any business he needs to sell and take a hit.
He is a complete disaster for this club. Why does anyone support him?
Evans is the problem on 21:15 - Feb 8 with 3484 viewsbobbyramsey

Evans is the problem on 20:43 - Feb 8 by Oxford_Blue

You’ve not understood.

I’m not defending him, other than that his managerial appointments were reasonable at the time and approved by a significant body of the support base. He has tried most combinations - as I’ve said above, town legends to football legends to safe hands to young lower league managers etc.

What I have tried to do is to explain that we can’t just “sack” the owner; no one will buy the club because it’s a terrible investment; and Evans doesn’t have the cash to spend to get us to the premiership even if he wanted to invest it.

You know, maybe it’s just too bad on us.

I would suggest that to someone who really wanted to invest in a football club, £6m per annum is a drop in the ocean, it's nothing in modern football terms. They would be looking to invest much more than that wouldn't they?
Evans is the problem on 21:22 - Feb 8 with 3465 viewshype313

Evans is the problem on 21:15 - Feb 8 by bobbyramsey

I would suggest that to someone who really wanted to invest in a football club, £6m per annum is a drop in the ocean, it's nothing in modern football terms. They would be looking to invest much more than that wouldn't they?

Yes, but there are an abundance of other clubs in the same situation as us but are far more of an attractive proposition in comparison. We are not a worthwhile investment given our stature.

Unfortunately Marcus is stuck with us and we are with him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Evans is the problem on 21:34 - Feb 8 with 3416 viewsHARRY10

Good luck with that.

You claimed it was as much as £10m elsewhere
Are other clubs in our position, or in the Championship consistently losing money season after season ? If not what are they doing that we are not ?

Our attendances are certainly up there with the best for our position. We have dragged in plenty in the way of transfer money so where is it all going ?

Keeping the stadium in tip top order, or the same with the pitch. ? An expensive squad ?

Do enlighten us all.
Evans is the problem on 21:44 - Feb 8 with 3412 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the problem on 21:15 - Feb 8 by bobbyramsey

So where are they?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024