Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday 09:37 - Feb 11 with 1621 viewsDanTheMan

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/02/boriss-leaked-tax-plans-suggest-a-truly-ra

I wonder if the sources are right and these will go ahead in some form.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 09:42 - Feb 11 with 1577 viewschicoazul

Christopher Hope has two sources who say the Prime Minister and Chancellor are contemplating a ‘mansion tax’ (either in the form of an annual wealth tax or a higher council tax band) and cutting pension tax relief on those earning over £50,000 from 40 per cent to 20 per cent.

That evil right winger "Boris", at it again!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:28 - Feb 11 with 1499 viewstractordownsouth

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 09:42 - Feb 11 by chicoazul

Christopher Hope has two sources who say the Prime Minister and Chancellor are contemplating a ‘mansion tax’ (either in the form of an annual wealth tax or a higher council tax band) and cutting pension tax relief on those earning over £50,000 from 40 per cent to 20 per cent.

They're also contemplating continuing austerity and erecting trade barriers after saying they wouldn't...

If they do bring in a mansion tax then I'll give credit where it's due but I'll believe it when i see it

And isn't this the thing that Ed Miliband got called a Marxist for?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 10:28]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:36 - Feb 11 with 1474 viewsStokieBlue

That doesn't look like a yearly levy on property from that article, just an extension to stamp duty on purchase?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:42 - Feb 11 with 1457 viewschicoazul

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:28 - Feb 11 by tractordownsouth

They're also contemplating continuing austerity and erecting trade barriers after saying they wouldn't...

If they do bring in a mansion tax then I'll give credit where it's due but I'll believe it when i see it

Welll.....yes. Indeed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:46 - Feb 11 with 1445 viewsgiant_stow

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:42 - Feb 11 by chicoazul

Welll.....yes. Indeed.

When I saw this, I thought you'd be happy - enjoy!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:46 - Feb 11 with 1437 viewsBackToRussia

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:42 - Feb 11 by chicoazul

Welll.....yes. Indeed.

Yeah, try to not go by The Sun and/or Jordan Peterson to get your political education. That could be where you're going wrong.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:48 - Feb 11 with 1428 viewsBackToRussia

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:28 - Feb 11 by tractordownsouth

If chico could actually read he'd see the article calls these plans "excessively timid" and likens the plans to things New York and Switzerland have instituted.

This is the state of politics in this country, plans that in other countries are economically conservative are decried as Marxism here. We've essentially turned into Alabama as a country.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:49 - Feb 11 with 1432 viewsfooters

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:46 - Feb 11 by BackToRussia

Yeah, try to not go by The Sun and/or Jordan Peterson to get your political education. That could be where you're going wrong.

In other news, I see Mr Peterson is actually in rehab for drug addiction. Some master of self-discipline he is. Hrmph.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:49 - Feb 11 with 1419 viewsBackToRussia

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:49 - Feb 11 by footers

In other news, I see Mr Peterson is actually in rehab for drug addiction. Some master of self-discipline he is. Hrmph.

lol. Good. Fraud.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:51 - Feb 11 with 1421 viewsfooters

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:49 - Feb 11 by BackToRussia

lol. Good. Fraud.

But thanks to him my room and penis have never been cleaner. (Sorry if tmi)

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:53 - Feb 11 with 1399 viewschicoazul

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:46 - Feb 11 by giant_stow

When I saw this, I thought you'd be happy - enjoy!

Ha! It is endlessly interesting to me that people think Boris is some right wing mega fascist. He is basically a Blairite, you don't win London twice without being a big old softy. I think part of the problem is, like Blair, he can point in several directions at once, which is part of what makes him so popular but because he is from what is traditionally a right wing party (although not for many years now) it means he has the baggage of being a Wicked Tory.

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:54 - Feb 11 with 1397 viewsm14_blue

If that proves to be right then it's promising.
Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:56 - Feb 11 with 1388 viewsDanTheMan

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:49 - Feb 11 by footers

He's not in rehab really... he's actually gone to Russia to get an incredibly risky procedure done to cure him of his addiction by putting him into a coma. Last I heard, he might have brain damage.

This apparently all comes from his daughter who is into weird "alternative" treatments. She is also the one who recommended he do that incredibly strange all beef diet.

He is a strange man.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:57 - Feb 11 with 1375 viewsBackToRussia

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:53 - Feb 11 by chicoazul

Ha! It is endlessly interesting to me that people think Boris is some right wing mega fascist. He is basically a Blairite, you don't win London twice without being a big old softy. I think part of the problem is, like Blair, he can point in several directions at once, which is part of what makes him so popular but because he is from what is traditionally a right wing party (although not for many years now) it means he has the baggage of being a Wicked Tory.

Blairism is an extension of Thatcherism. Where would you put Margaret Thatcher on the political spectrum? Let me guess, she's probably a Marxist too?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:59 - Feb 11 with 1368 viewsfooters

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:56 - Feb 11 by DanTheMan

He's not in rehab really... he's actually gone to Russia to get an incredibly risky procedure done to cure him of his addiction by putting him into a coma. Last I heard, he might have brain damage.

This apparently all comes from his daughter who is into weird "alternative" treatments. She is also the one who recommended he do that incredibly strange all beef diet.

He is a strange man.

"Last I heard, he might have brain damage."

Yeah, but what's new.

Thanks for the info!

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:59 - Feb 11 with 1360 viewsBackToRussia

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:56 - Feb 11 by DanTheMan

He is a strange man.

On the day HS2 is announced, the government illegally deported people to Jamaica and the coronavirus gets worse, it's nice to know there is some good news from today.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 11:09 - Feb 11 with 1324 viewsmonytowbray

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 10:59 - Feb 11 by BackToRussia

On the day HS2 is announced, the government illegally deported people to Jamaica and the coronavirus gets worse, it's nice to know there is some good news from today.

Taken back control though haven't we. It's now the CourageousVirus, because it's named after a traditional British wild lion of something...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 13:39 - Feb 11 with 1227 viewsHARRY10

Interesting article in The Spectator yesterday on 09:42 - Feb 11 by chicoazul

Boris is neither right, left or centre

Just an habitual liar who will say anything, adopt any posture that will serve his puropse - self advancement

So the real question is why so many are so easily fooled
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024