Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase 08:35 - Feb 21 with 16162 viewsartsbossbeard

Crivens.

Thought we were above all this sh1te.

Complaints across all 4 stands too. Agog.

EDIT: now with added link.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/stuart-hayton-racist-abuse-port
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 9:14]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:29 - Feb 21 with 2490 viewsSwailsey

Awful, but the odd throw-away comment can be heard most games from where I'm sitting.

Cue some bellend coming along to say that it's made up.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:30 - Feb 21 with 2484 viewsSwailsey

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 08:49 - Feb 21 by ITFC_Blood

Or its all complete rubbish and response to the club stewards being formally complaint against for their actions to fans across all 4 stands.

Do not just believe the spin issued from PR

*edit*

Here they are!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:30 - Feb 21 with 2480 viewsartsbossbeard

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:29 - Feb 21 by Swailsey

Awful, but the odd throw-away comment can be heard most games from where I'm sitting.

Cue some bellend coming along to say that it's made up.

We're past this stage already.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:30 - Feb 21 with 2479 viewsGeoffSentence

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:24 - Feb 21 by lowhouseblue

so there might actually have been fewer incidents but, given the rise in awareness and concern, more people reporting each one. we have no way of knowing. equally we don't know how those reporting these incidents define abuse (the abuse button on here sometimes seems to be pressed for the most inexplicable of reasons).

Yep, it could mean that Ipswich fans are getting more bigoted, but equally it could mean exactly the opposite, that Town fans are calling it out more.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:32 - Feb 21 with 2464 viewsSwailsey

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:30 - Feb 21 by artsbossbeard

We're past this stage already.

Yeah I saw that, hence my reply ha.

I see what you've done here ba, both things on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 2449 viewsDyland

nice straw man on 09:28 - Feb 21 by artsbossbeard

Bring some books Saturday (or comics) and we can burn them on the practice pitch.

Quite sharp for a Friday morning.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I see what you've done here ba, both things on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 2440 viewsartsbossbeard

I see what you've done here ba, both things on 09:33 - Feb 21 by Dyland

Quite sharp for a Friday morning.

It's not drinking on a school night that brings out the best in me.

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:35 - Feb 21 with 2417 views26_Paz

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:26 - Feb 21 by BlueBadger

No-one's said that. They've said it's on the rise. Surely better to nip it in the bud now, rather than wait till it's like Leeds in the early 80's surely?

Ipswich is never going to be like Leeds in the early 80s ... massive over reaction

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:36 - Feb 21 with 2408 viewsBlueBadger

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:35 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

Ipswich is never going to be like Leeds in the early 80s ... massive over reaction

Why be so defensive over this? surely it's a good thing that the club are acting on this and being honest about it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:37 - Feb 21 with 2404 viewstheipswichman

I mean that Nsiala song was this season wasn't it?
Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:37 - Feb 21 with 2402 viewsartsbossbeard

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:35 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

Why is the club announcing an increase in this type of chanting at the ground a massive over reaction?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:39 - Feb 21 with 2377 views26_Paz

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:36 - Feb 21 by BlueBadger

Why be so defensive over this? surely it's a good thing that the club are acting on this and being honest about it?

I'm being defensive I just think its ridiculous. Ipswich is one of the least likely clubs in the country you'll find this type of thing

The Paz Man

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:39 - Feb 21 with 2379 viewsSwailsey

In all seriousness though, this probably means that more people are reporting issues, rather than the issues themselves increasing.

I regularly hear people near me make comments which are homophobic (not chanting to be clear), just, y'know..."get up you massive ...", "f**k off you ...." etc. Comments and looks are exchanged, but it's not always easy to place who said it. Hopefully these things are being called out formally.

For instance, someone shouted "you're playing like a f**king girl" last week, and was shut down immediately by the women to his left.

People are naive to think this doesn't happen at PR. You hear this sort of crap all the time at the pub, on the train etc. Just casual comments, which are just as damaging.

It's being called out? Good. I don't see the problem or any reason for people to be upset about it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 9:44]

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:40 - Feb 21 with 2365 viewslowhouseblue

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:37 - Feb 21 by artsbossbeard

Why is the club announcing an increase in this type of chanting at the ground a massive over reaction?

it hasn't announced an increase in that type of chanting, it's announced an increase in the number of reports. it's really not the same thing.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

almost certainly partly true (n/t) on 09:40 - Feb 21 with 2363 viewsDyland

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:39 - Feb 21 by Swailsey

In all seriousness though, this probably means that more people are reporting issues, rather than the issues themselves increasing.

I regularly hear people near me make comments which are homophobic (not chanting to be clear), just, y'know..."get up you massive ...", "f**k off you ...." etc. Comments and looks are exchanged, but it's not always easy to place who said it. Hopefully these things are being called out formally.

For instance, someone shouted "you're playing like a f**king girl" last week, and was shut down immediately by the women to his left.

People are naive to think this doesn't happen at PR. You hear this sort of crap all the time at the pub, on the train etc. Just casual comments, which are just as damaging.

It's being called out? Good. I don't see the problem or any reason for people to be upset about it.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:41 - Feb 21 with 2353 viewsfooters

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:39 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

I'm being defensive I just think its ridiculous. Ipswich is one of the least likely clubs in the country you'll find this type of thing

But we have found it. And your response to finding it is "Well, it's not as bad as Leeds in the 80s."

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:42 - Feb 21 with 2348 viewslowhouseblue

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:39 - Feb 21 by Swailsey

to be fair, up until sunday, the 'playing like a f**king girl' comment would clearly have been a compliment.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:42 - Feb 21 with 2347 viewsartsbossbeard

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:40 - Feb 21 by lowhouseblue

it hasn't announced an increase in that type of chanting, it's announced an increase in the number of reports. it's really not the same thing.

Christ.

Its a win for pedantry over racism, homophobia & Xenophobia. Well played.

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:42 - Feb 21 with 2336 views26_Paz

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:37 - Feb 21 by artsbossbeard

I was saying it is a massive over reaction to suggest that Portman Road 2020 is on the way to becoming like Elland Road circa 1980.

The Paz Man

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 2333 viewsSwailsey

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:39 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

Head & sand & comedic man.

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 2330 viewsBlueBadger

A lack of tolerance of this kind of bullsh1t is WHY we have that reputation.
And why the club are acting as they are now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 2327 viewsartsbossbeard

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:42 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

I was saying it is a massive over reaction to suggest that Portman Road 2020 is on the way to becoming like Elland Road circa 1980.

This correlation is only happening in your head.

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 2317 viewslowhouseblue

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:42 - Feb 21 by artsbossbeard

Christ.

Its a win for pedantry over racism, homophobia & Xenophobia. Well played.

don't be pathetic. we're all against bigotry but we don't need to turn our brains off to prove it.

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:44 - Feb 21 with 2312 viewsBlueBadger

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:43 - Feb 21 by Swailsey

Head & sand & comedic man.

Who'd have thought that one of TWTD's leading Brexiteers would be unhappy to see people taking a stand against bigotry?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:44 - Feb 21 with 2309 viewsartsbossbeard

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:43 - Feb 21 by lowhouseblue

don't be pathetic. we're all against bigotry but we don't need to turn our brains off to prove it.

You win. Well played.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024