Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase 08:35 - Feb 21 with 16223 viewsartsbossbeard

Crivens.

Thought we were above all this sh1te.

Complaints across all 4 stands too. Agog.

EDIT: now with added link.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/stuart-hayton-racist-abuse-port
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 9:14]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:47 - Feb 21 with 3167 views26_Paz

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:43 - Feb 21 by artsbossbeard

This correlation is only happening in your head.

It wasn't me who brought up the Leeds thing! Someone on here, presumably in all seriousness, suggested that if we don't act now we could become like Leeds in the 1980s. And some of you take that seriously. My word.

The Paz Man

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:52 - Feb 21 with 3144 viewsBlueBadger

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:30 - Feb 21 by GeoffSentence

Yep, it could mean that Ipswich fans are getting more bigoted, but equally it could mean exactly the opposite, that Town fans are calling it out more.

With any luck, it'll have the same result as last night's thread about racism and result in one or two idiots throwing a tantrum and vanishing. Only in real life.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:55 - Feb 21 with 3134 viewsBlueBadger

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:47 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

It wasn't me who brought up the Leeds thing! Someone on here, presumably in all seriousness, suggested that if we don't act now we could become like Leeds in the 1980s. And some of you take that seriously. My word.

I had to use a relatively simple example, because you seem really quite thick.

And I still don't understand what your objection to it is.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 9:56]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:55 - Feb 21 with 3130 viewsBrixtonBlue

I must say, in Lower North I haven't heard anything homophobic in years, and don't think I've ever heard anything racist or Xenophobic. Surprising.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:55 - Feb 21 with 3126 viewsSteve_M

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:37 - Feb 21 by theipswichman

I mean that Nsiala song was this season wasn't it?

Yes, but apart from that....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:55 - Feb 21 with 3119 views26_Paz

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:55 - Feb 21 by BlueBadger

Now that is abuse.

The Paz Man

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:56 - Feb 21 with 3122 viewsSwansea_Blue

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:39 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

I'm being defensive I just think its ridiculous. Ipswich is one of the least likely clubs in the country you'll find this type of thing

Yet here it is. Now, the key question is do we acknowledge it and support the club’s efforts to eradicate it, or deny its existence and suggest the club are lying? And why would anyone who thinks racism is abhorrent not do the former?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:59 - Feb 21 with 3109 viewsBlueBadger

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:55 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

Now that is abuse.

It's nowhere as bad as what you'd get on Leeds United Chat, stop crying.

Login to get fewer ads

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:00 - Feb 21 with 3099 views26_Paz

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:55 - Feb 21 by BlueBadger

I haven't objected to anything! Obviously if this stuff is happening it should be dealt with. All I'm saying is I don't think there is a problem with this at Ipswich. I form that view based on the fact the I haven't heard anything like that in 25 years of going to PR.
P.S. I note how you edited your post to make it seem a little less abusive. Smooth.

The Paz Man

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:02 - Feb 21 with 3088 views26_Paz

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:56 - Feb 21 by Swansea_Blue

Yet here it is. Now, the key question is do we acknowledge it and support the club’s efforts to eradicate it, or deny its existence and suggest the club are lying? And why would anyone who thinks racism is abhorrent not do the former?

Wow, this is difficult. I personally don't think Ipswich has an issue with this, I have a different opinion to you, get over it.

The Paz Man

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:07 - Feb 21 with 3085 viewsSteve_M

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 09:55 - Feb 21 by BrixtonBlue

I must say, in Lower North I haven't heard anything homophobic in years, and don't think I've ever heard anything racist or Xenophobic. Surprising.

I would broadly agree on the homophobic chants but it wasn't that long ago that every visit of Brighton would be accompanied by some 'hilarious' bantz.

There's odd bits of racism I've heard in recent years, individual dickheads rather than chants (and that's not including the pointed criticism of certain players). Although as pointed out the Toto chant this season was racist given it falls back on stereotypes.

The Delia song gets sung fairly regularly though, it's crap as well as being misogynistic but there we go.

Are we particularly bad as a set of fans? No. Are we perfect? Also no.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:17 - Feb 21 with 3055 viewsBrixtonBlue

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:07 - Feb 21 by Steve_M

I would broadly agree on the homophobic chants but it wasn't that long ago that every visit of Brighton would be accompanied by some 'hilarious' bantz.

There's odd bits of racism I've heard in recent years, individual dickheads rather than chants (and that's not including the pointed criticism of certain players). Although as pointed out the Toto chant this season was racist given it falls back on stereotypes.

The Delia song gets sung fairly regularly though, it's crap as well as being misogynistic but there we go.

Are we particularly bad as a set of fans? No. Are we perfect? Also no.

We haven't played Brighton in a few years so my point stands there.

I've personally never heard the Toto chant and wouldn't know about it if it hadn't been discussed on here.

The Delia song doesn't fit under any of racist, homophobic or Xenophobic. Not even sure it's misogynistic is it?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:20 - Feb 21 with 3040 viewsGeoffSentence

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:17 - Feb 21 by BrixtonBlue

I've personally never heard the Toto chant and wouldn't know about it if it hadn't been discussed on here.

The Delia song doesn't fit under any of racist, homophobic or Xenophobic. Not even sure it's misogynistic is it?

The one which calls her a fvcking whore? Yeah, it is mysoginistic.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:22 - Feb 21 with 3024 viewsfooters

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:20 - Feb 21 by GeoffSentence

The one which calls her a fvcking whore? Yeah, it is mysoginistic.

Besides, there's no way Delia 'I'm going to show you a dozen ways to cook an egg' Smith is that way inclined.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:26 - Feb 21 with 3005 viewsGeoffSentence

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:22 - Feb 21 by footers

Besides, there's no way Delia 'I'm going to show you a dozen ways to cook an egg' Smith is that way inclined.

I met her face to face at a book signing, back in the eighties, and I must say, she had a minxie little glint in her eye.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:34 - Feb 21 with 2968 viewsSwansea_Blue

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:02 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

Wow, this is difficult. I personally don't think Ipswich has an issue with this, I have a different opinion to you, get over it.

So the club are lying then?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:37 - Feb 21 with 2955 viewsartsbossbeard

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:34 - Feb 21 by Swansea_Blue

I'll clarify the board position here.

As the club have never ever spoken out about this before, we've no idea if there is an increase in this type or chanting or whether this is actually a new thing.

To properly evaluate, we should wait until this time next season and gauge whether levels have gone up or down from now, whilst completely ignoring that people from all 4 stands have reported racist, homophobic and xenophobic chanting.

I think this quantifies the board mood on this.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:40 - Feb 21 with 2936 views26_Paz

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:34 - Feb 21 by Swansea_Blue

Where have I said the club are lying?!
They've clearly had reports, I'm not saying they've made it up!
I'm just saying I don't think its a massive issue. Perhaps they are over reacting to a few busy body over sensitive fans?

The Paz Man

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:46 - Feb 21 with 2912 viewsPinewoodblue

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:17 - Feb 21 by BrixtonBlue

Exactly. The club were talking about increased reports to them of insensitive chants.

Suspect there will something in tomorrow’s match day programme. People are jumping the gun as usual.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:51 - Feb 21 with 2890 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Im not calling it untrue. However, I have never heard any of those things at PR. Hopefully all those that are responsible are dealt with

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 11:41 - Feb 21 with 2832 viewsChiefXL

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:00 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

I haven't objected to anything! Obviously if this stuff is happening it should be dealt with. All I'm saying is I don't think there is a problem with this at Ipswich. I form that view based on the fact the I haven't heard anything like that in 25 years of going to PR.
P.S. I note how you edited your post to make it seem a little less abusive. Smooth.

But there is no *if* here. It is happening. So there is a problem with it at Ipswich and the club is reporting on it and encouraging supporters to report any behaviour they see.

The fact you personally have not witnessed it is completely irrelevant and I find your position of concluding it is not happening at Ipswich based on the fact you haven't seen it really quite bizarre in light of the club issuing a press release stating that it is.
Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 11:52 - Feb 21 with 2814 viewschicoazul

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 10:40 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

Where have I said the club are lying?!
They've clearly had reports, I'm not saying they've made it up!
I'm just saying I don't think its a massive issue. Perhaps they are over reacting to a few busy body over sensitive fans?

Didnt you literally say "if it happened" earlier?

EDIT; I also would bet folding money you don't think the Toto chant is racist
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 11:53]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 11:57 - Feb 21 with 2788 views26_Paz

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 11:52 - Feb 21 by chicoazul

Didnt you literally say "if it happened" earlier?

EDIT; I also would bet folding money you don't think the Toto chant is racist
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 11:53]

I meant if its genuine abuse and not wannabe woke virtue signallers over reacting.
I don't see the problem with the Toto song, especially in light of the fact that the player himself didn't have a problem with it

The Paz Man

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 11:59 - Feb 21 with 2782 viewschicoazul

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 11:57 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

I meant if its genuine abuse and not wannabe woke virtue signallers over reacting.
I don't see the problem with the Toto song, especially in light of the fact that the player himself didn't have a problem with it

I see.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 12:02 - Feb 21 with 2772 viewsfooters

Racist, homophobic & Xenophobic chants at Fortress PR on the increase on 11:57 - Feb 21 by 26_Paz

Oh Christ. Here we go again.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024