Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months 10:14 - Mar 15 with 8149 viewsJeff_winger

And palace manager not allowed out his house.
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:42 - Mar 15 with 996 viewsDarth_Koont

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:20 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

Genuine concerns would be expressing some doubts that the Government's strategy is sound.

You've been posting outrageous suggestions that the Tories are using this crisis to exterminate the most vulnerable in society.

You are not raising genuine concerns. You are constantly engaging in political point scoring.

There are plenty of people on this site who have utter contempt for Johnson and his government. I find myself in the strange position of putting up DK as somebody who is in that group but is actually making interesting posts that are lead by the science and the data available. Or Vapers, who accepts the government strategy is risky, but understands the reasoning behind it and is looking at things from an open mind.

Cheers.

TBF I'm always led by the available data.

Pronouns: He/Him

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:48 - Mar 15 with 973 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:39 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

What is your point?

It's a difficult time, the government is trying to get a grip on things but it wouldn't have been any different with any other government. Do you think the problems in Italy, Spain, France, Germany etc etc are all caused by their governments? Italy has loads of critical care infrastructure and it's still not enough - is that because they don't have a plan?

To think there can be a fully complete plan in an envelope somewhere they can just pull out and implement is naive. It's an incredibly fluid situation and thus the plans will also have to be in some way fluid.

Natwest/RBS and Lloyds are already offering to defer peoples mortgages who can't pay due to Covid-19 issues.

SB

My logic is...

Country that has better healthcare than us doesn’t handle it well and sh1t hits the fan.
v
Because of this they’ve had to lockdown
v
Following the advice every other nation is doing to flatten the curve and reduce spread
v
But apparently despite all evidence and lack of being equipped we’re going the other way.

I seriously hope this opinion based on both arguments I’ve concluded is wrong in two weeks. If I were a religious man I’d pray for it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:51 - Mar 15 with 970 viewsWD19

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:48 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

My logic is...

Country that has better healthcare than us doesn’t handle it well and sh1t hits the fan.
v
v
Following the advice every other nation is doing to flatten the curve and reduce spread
v
But apparently despite all evidence and lack of being equipped we’re going the other way.

I seriously hope this opinion based on both arguments I’ve concluded is wrong in two weeks. If I were a religious man I’d pray for it.

How will you tell if the approach taken turns out to be right or wrong?

It is going to be catastrophically bad every which way....so how will you judge if the approach worked, or not?
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:54 - Mar 15 with 959 viewsPinewoodblue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:25 - Mar 15 by WeWereZombies

You can let them know that Hurtigruten, the Norwegian ferry company who also run cruises, offered passengers the chance to book on another cruise before the end of next year with a ten percent discount and the amount you paid credited to be used again if you decide not to go on one of their trips departing this month. And they have not formally cancelled those yet. They still have hold of our money but it is a very decent offer.

Celebrity offer future cruise credit of 125% of total paid on cancelled cruise. Before they cancelled all cruises they offered 100% irrespective reason why you wanted to cancel.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:54 - Mar 15 with 957 viewsPecker

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:48 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

My logic is...

v
v
v

But your posts have a bl00dy Tories undertone. All people are saying is that your beloved Labour would be following the same advice and "probably" be doing the same. this is a live situation and NOBODY can say for certain how it will pan out. The Government have some incredibly smart people working with them and I am sure that they are doing what they think is best. Not saying they are right and you are wrong, just saying this is unchartered territory for every country and I am sure that they are all doing what they think is best for their countries.
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:55 - Mar 15 with 946 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:51 - Mar 15 by WD19

How will you tell if the approach taken turns out to be right or wrong?

It is going to be catastrophically bad every which way....so how will you judge if the approach worked, or not?

We have other countries to compare to.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:59 - Mar 15 with 932 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:54 - Mar 15 by Pecker

But your posts have a bl00dy Tories undertone. All people are saying is that your beloved Labour would be following the same advice and "probably" be doing the same. this is a live situation and NOBODY can say for certain how it will pan out. The Government have some incredibly smart people working with them and I am sure that they are doing what they think is best. Not saying they are right and you are wrong, just saying this is unchartered territory for every country and I am sure that they are all doing what they think is best for their countries.

I’ve not once dragged Labour into any of my posts in regards to any of this (bar mentioning Corbyn pushing for info and action on rent/mortgages). Labour have nothing to do with this. People need to stop putting words into my mouth. It’s not political. This party need to step up and pull their head out their ar$e. Nothing about any of this is reassuring.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:59 - Mar 15 with 936 viewsWD19

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:55 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

Many of which are experiencing very different patterns already - for reasons nobody fully understands. Societal behaviour/compliance seems to be a key variable.
Login to get fewer ads

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:00 - Mar 15 with 931 viewsPecker

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:55 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

No we don't. How do we know where, what or how every Italian, French etc. caught their virus? We don't. The French, Spanish and Italian people are very touchy feely when it comes to greeting people, whereas we offer a handshake. Could that have something to do with the higher numbers in those countries thus far? NOBODY KNOWS for certain. We have nothing to compare it to at all.
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:00 - Mar 15 with 925 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:59 - Mar 15 by WD19

Many of which are experiencing very different patterns already - for reasons nobody fully understands. Societal behaviour/compliance seems to be a key variable.

And that justifies the gamble? If anything we should be following what’s already working in other countries.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:02 - Mar 15 with 926 viewsStokieBlue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:34 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

I remember when Sparks and Glasgow used to say “WHAT AUSTERITY?” and “EVIDENCE?” a few years back whenever it was mentioned in relation to the Tories. So to be honest they aren’t exactly on the ball for seeing said party for how truly evil and manipulative they are.

And that was before the country decided to let the biggest narcissistic lying idiot in politics to steer the ship.

We are sadly about to see what we’ve created unfold and it’s going to get ugly: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-outbreak-inequ

So if people are bothered I’m a bit high strung with worry and p1ssed off right now they wouldn’t be wrong. But I have no interest in political point scoring. This is life and f*cking death and some on here are chucking it around like we’re making a call on whether or not we chuck another tenner in the fruitie that hasn’t paid out all day.

What little faith I had left in out ruling class is dead. It’s 2020 and we’re handling a pandemic that will risk lives, jobs and the very fabric of our society by making it up as we go along. I wouldn’t even do that in my job and I only work in marketing FFS.

That whole article in politicising the crisis.

Even if he is right in his assertions how does it help to point it out right now? Does he think people reading that are going to be reassured because they can now yell at the Tories whilst reading it?

There will be a time for reflection, criticism and finger pointing when all the facts are known and people are safe. That article is really not what is needed at the moment.

"What little faith I had left in out ruling class is dead. It’s 2020 and we’re handling a pandemic that will risk lives, jobs and the very fabric of our society by making it up as we go along."

This is clearly wrong, just repeating it doesn't make it less wrong each time. They are listening to the same experts that Labour would have had available. They clearly have a plan, it's too early to say if it's right or wrong but they are certainly opening themselves up to a lot of future investigation if it turns out to be wrong given it's different to other responses.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:02 - Mar 15 with 919 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:00 - Mar 15 by Pecker

No we don't. How do we know where, what or how every Italian, French etc. caught their virus? We don't. The French, Spanish and Italian people are very touchy feely when it comes to greeting people, whereas we offer a handshake. Could that have something to do with the higher numbers in those countries thus far? NOBODY KNOWS for certain. We have nothing to compare it to at all.

I give up. Not sure what more I can say to justify my stance that we’re putting the lives of tens of thousands all on red when the probability screams black.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:04 - Mar 15 with 919 viewsjaykay

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:38 - Mar 15 by Pecker

"stated" Honestly some people really are pathetic. I heard it on the radio, if that is ok with you.

so we all suppose to be my mind readers. i should have said you posted it . carry on being the twtd infomation officer.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 17:05]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:04 - Mar 15 with 914 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:02 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

That whole article in politicising the crisis.

Even if he is right in his assertions how does it help to point it out right now? Does he think people reading that are going to be reassured because they can now yell at the Tories whilst reading it?

There will be a time for reflection, criticism and finger pointing when all the facts are known and people are safe. That article is really not what is needed at the moment.

"What little faith I had left in out ruling class is dead. It’s 2020 and we’re handling a pandemic that will risk lives, jobs and the very fabric of our society by making it up as we go along."

This is clearly wrong, just repeating it doesn't make it less wrong each time. They are listening to the same experts that Labour would have had available. They clearly have a plan, it's too early to say if it's right or wrong but they are certainly opening themselves up to a lot of future investigation if it turns out to be wrong given it's different to other responses.

SB

We could put pressure on the government to make provisions for these events or tell us what they are. It’s not just a virus we’re dealing with but the knock on effect.

My thoughts don’t need 3 paragraphs to explain it. Other experts are screaming it.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:08 - Mar 15 with 897 viewsPecker

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:02 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

I give up. Not sure what more I can say to justify my stance that we’re putting the lives of tens of thousands all on red when the probability screams black.

You see mate, you are doing it again. I said the other day that you shouldn't dig your heels in on this things and you kind of agreed with me. Difference of opinions that is all this is. You Fell that the Government should be doing more, I feel as though they are in a live situation and are dealing with it on a day to day basis. Who knows, tomorrow we might all be in "lockdown" as well. That is all my point is. Nobody knows for sure what to do next for the best. We just have to trust that those in the know, know what they are doing. None of my posts are ever personal to you.
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:10 - Mar 15 with 889 viewsStokieBlue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:04 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

We could put pressure on the government to make provisions for these events or tell us what they are. It’s not just a virus we’re dealing with but the knock on effect.

My thoughts don’t need 3 paragraphs to explain it. Other experts are screaming it.

What do you mean? Make provisions for what events?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:10 - Mar 15 with 886 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:08 - Mar 15 by Pecker

You see mate, you are doing it again. I said the other day that you shouldn't dig your heels in on this things and you kind of agreed with me. Difference of opinions that is all this is. You Fell that the Government should be doing more, I feel as though they are in a live situation and are dealing with it on a day to day basis. Who knows, tomorrow we might all be in "lockdown" as well. That is all my point is. Nobody knows for sure what to do next for the best. We just have to trust that those in the know, know what they are doing. None of my posts are ever personal to you.

What are we debating now? Earlier it was about being political. Now it just seems to be an issue with having a vocal opinion.

Shrugs.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:11 - Mar 15 with 882 viewsPecker

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:04 - Mar 15 by jaykay

so we all suppose to be my mind readers. i should have said you posted it . carry on being the twtd infomation officer.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 17:05]

Whereas.
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:11 - Mar 15 with 880 viewsFelstow1978

With any luck wipes out the population of Stokexand Hart,epool

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:14 - Mar 15 with 878 viewsPecker

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:10 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

What are we debating now? Earlier it was about being political. Now it just seems to be an issue with having a vocal opinion.

Shrugs.

In your earlier posts, there was a b00dy Tories undertone. You will of course deny this, but it is there. I am just pointing out that it doesn't matter who is in charge, the situation would "probably" be the same. Politics aside, just wait and see what tomorrow brings.
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:17 - Mar 15 with 872 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:10 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

What do you mean? Make provisions for what events?

SB

School food shortages
Hospital beds in the event of overspill
Who’s going to be trained to operate these new breathing machines?
Can we cope with the number of nurses we have at present, if not what next?
What effect is this going to have on sick pay or benefits?
When can we expect to be lockdown? At what number of cases (considering it can spread later than symptoms) do we shut off to anticipate the coping curve?
What about the young and vulnerable? Statistically it’s an elderly death but there are possible younger casualties. Why are only assuming age?
Why did Hancock today go back on himself on the concept of “herd immunity” despite insisting that was the approach?
How do we have a handle on things changing and evolving? What probabilities are there we could shut down in some areas and how long for
We can’t we see your workings publicly yet and compare them to other experts who think we’re taking the wrong root?

Surely they are all legitimate questions and reasons for concern? And a long list at that.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:18 - Mar 15 with 872 viewsReuser_is_God

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:45 - Mar 15 by WD19

Callis, are you going to continue to behave like an unpleasant petulant child throughout this crisis? I doubt you appreciate my feedback, but it really is unbelievably tedious.

It’s not just throughout this crisis.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:19 - Mar 15 with 866 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:14 - Mar 15 by Pecker

In your earlier posts, there was a b00dy Tories undertone. You will of course deny this, but it is there. I am just pointing out that it doesn't matter who is in charge, the situation would "probably" be the same. Politics aside, just wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Well they are in power so of course it does. Duh. If it were Labour I’d be screaming WTF too.

Not sure what more I can say to show it’s not political. Believe what you like.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:20 - Mar 15 with 862 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:18 - Mar 15 by Reuser_is_God

It’s not just throughout this crisis.

Sort of like the vegan debate most people concede to now.

Shrug.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:24 - Mar 15 with 844 viewsWD19

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 17:00 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

And that justifies the gamble? If anything we should be following what’s already working in other countries.

Following the best possible advice available is not a gamble. It is making an informed decision based on the best possible advice given the prevailing local conditions.

You seem to want the government to do something other than follow the advice of the professionals whose (difficult) job it is to navigate the best way though this!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024