Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months 10:14 - Mar 15 with 8150 viewsJeff_winger

And palace manager not allowed out his house.
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:49 - Mar 15 with 2177 viewsLord_Lucan

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:42 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

I just don’t particularly want a load of people dead off the back of lazy and poor-planned government tactics. Which is more evident day by day they are winging it.

"lazy and poor-planned government tactics"

Sometimes ................Actually I really don't know what to say.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:51 - Mar 15 with 2165 viewsStokieBlue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:42 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

I just don’t particularly want a load of people dead off the back of lazy and poor-planned government tactics. Which is more evident day by day they are winging it.

That's an entirely subjective opinion.

They are using the same plans and experts that Labour would have had access to. It's cheap political points scoring at it's worst.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:53 - Mar 15 with 2137 viewsGlasgowBlue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:51 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

That's an entirely subjective opinion.

They are using the same plans and experts that Labour would have had access to. It's cheap political points scoring at it's worst.

SB

I said this yesterday. The CMO and CSA would be the same people giving the same advice to a Labour PM.

Is Callis suggesting that he'd support a government who ignored their CMO & CSA?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 13:28 - Mar 15 with 2072 viewsGaryCooper

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:53 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

I said this yesterday. The CMO and CSA would be the same people giving the same advice to a Labour PM.

Is Callis suggesting that he'd support a government who ignored their CMO & CSA?

Weekend anarchist complaining about not enough state control.
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 13:35 - Mar 15 with 2073 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:47 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

Callis definitively knows better than Sir Patrick Vallance & Professor Chris Whitty.

They should resign immediately and hand over the running of combating this crisis to Callis.

Because no scientists, other nations, NHS experts and even other party members stepping out of line to say this could go wrong at all.

I mean if you want to dismiss my genuine concerns for “political point scoring” that’s up to you. It’s not going to do much to change my opinion and as I said to Spruce yesterday I truly do hope I’m wrong.

Perhaps 10 years of what we have and then putting the class clown at the front of the party has made me a skeptic but here we are.

Edit: Just seen this link which sums up how I feel based on the evidence. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/epidemiologist-britain-her
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 13:54]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 13:36 - Mar 15 with 2071 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:53 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

Nice to see you are still a pro at making things up though. I thought you were above political point scoring at times like thi... oh ;)

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:01 - Mar 15 with 2042 viewsjaykay

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:45 - Mar 15 by Pecker

You do realise that they have some of the smartest people in the country working with them ? Not a load of football forum folks who think they know better.

but you stated 4 months and ' we were zombies. pointed out that is speculation so what smart person did you pick that up from

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:20 - Mar 15 with 2005 viewsGlasgowBlue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 13:35 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

Because no scientists, other nations, NHS experts and even other party members stepping out of line to say this could go wrong at all.

I mean if you want to dismiss my genuine concerns for “political point scoring” that’s up to you. It’s not going to do much to change my opinion and as I said to Spruce yesterday I truly do hope I’m wrong.

Perhaps 10 years of what we have and then putting the class clown at the front of the party has made me a skeptic but here we are.

Edit: Just seen this link which sums up how I feel based on the evidence. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/epidemiologist-britain-her
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 13:54]

Genuine concerns would be expressing some doubts that the Government's strategy is sound.

You've been posting outrageous suggestions that the Tories are using this crisis to exterminate the most vulnerable in society.

You are not raising genuine concerns. You are constantly engaging in political point scoring.

There are plenty of people on this site who have utter contempt for Johnson and his government. I find myself in the strange position of putting up DK as somebody who is in that group but is actually making interesting posts that are lead by the science and the data available. Or Vapers, who accepts the government strategy is risky, but understands the reasoning behind it and is looking at things from an open mind.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:37 - Mar 15 with 1994 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:20 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

Genuine concerns would be expressing some doubts that the Government's strategy is sound.

You've been posting outrageous suggestions that the Tories are using this crisis to exterminate the most vulnerable in society.

You are not raising genuine concerns. You are constantly engaging in political point scoring.

There are plenty of people on this site who have utter contempt for Johnson and his government. I find myself in the strange position of putting up DK as somebody who is in that group but is actually making interesting posts that are lead by the science and the data available. Or Vapers, who accepts the government strategy is risky, but understands the reasoning behind it and is looking at things from an open mind.

I’ve done all that too.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:51 - Mar 15 with 1971 viewsGlasgowBlue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:37 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

I’ve done all that too.

"Nah I just think the Tories see a good excuse to practice eugenics on poor and old people."

is not raising genuine concerns. At best it's political point scoring. At worst it's in the territory occupied by the likes of CIL and Pazele.

Iron Lion Zion

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:54 - Mar 15 with 1975 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:51 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

"Nah I just think the Tories see a good excuse to practice eugenics on poor and old people."

is not raising genuine concerns. At best it's political point scoring. At worst it's in the territory occupied by the likes of CIL and Pazele.

Ah yes, I forgot that was the only post I’ve made about it and it wasn’t at all in jest with the context.

You really do love to twist things.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:54 - Mar 15 with 1975 viewsvapour_trail

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 12:44 - Mar 15 by WeWereZombies

Hancock has just said a long time, the four months is speculation. But it will be hard on people in cities and towns. I am sure rural areas will be able to accommodate senior citizens going out for a walk though.

It appears four months has been briefed to the lobby from the government which isn’t a particularly helpful method of communication for a point that has such an impact on so many lives.

There’ll be plenty who just plain forget they’re not supposed to be leaving the house.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 15:30 - Mar 15 with 1951 viewsPinewoodblue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 11:58 - Mar 15 by WeWereZombies

Not going on the cruise then?

Don’t get me going in that it is a long saga but the short answer is no.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 15:31 - Mar 15 with 1949 viewssparks

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:51 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

Good grief. He said that?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 15:34 - Mar 15 with 1944 viewsjeera

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 15:30 - Mar 15 by Pinewoodblue

Don’t get me going in that it is a long saga but the short answer is no.

Sorry to hear this.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:15 - Mar 15 with 1903 viewsPinewoodblue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 15:34 - Mar 15 by jeera

Sorry to hear this.

Celebrity changed their screening process and identified groups of people who would be barred from boarding. My wife, as a result of her spinal cord injury is considered to have an immunity system that is compromised so she wouldn’t be allowed to board. The charter company advised people that they could cancel but no refunds or future cruise credits could be issued. They then decided if you cancelled they would refund 50% of the amount paid but this excluded port fees, taxes and gratuities. Challenged to say if they were keeping that for themselves they responded that they incurred cost, so that was a yes.

They then said they had reconsidered and were cancelling the cruise, future cruise credit of 100%, including gratuities, to be used on the next cruise they ran. Surprise Surprise 30 minutes later Celebrity announced all US cruises cancelled for a set period.

I had already paid a deposit of $1000 on the next cruise anyway, to secure best price and same cabin as this year. So the future cruise credit will be for more than the balance already paid. The later cruise would be on their standard terms no deposits are refundable under any circumstances.

Celebrity had unknowingly adding to rising rebellion by sending emails to everyone saying what their policy on cancellation was and it was significantly better than the charter company.

Another surprise they excluded passengers on the charter cruise from their latest email, giving significantly better compensation, and this decision not to send us the latest email was at the request of the charter company.

Just got the flights to sort out, guess that will have to be insurance claim now our flight has been effectively cancelled by President Trump. Before Virgin Atlantic were going to issue a100% credit to be used against a future flight.

2023 year of destiny

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:17 - Mar 15 with 1898 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 15:31 - Mar 15 by sparks

Good grief. He said that?

As I said, context is one hell of a thing. But you like your narratives so you think what you want.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:18 - Mar 15 with 1899 viewsPinewoodblue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 10:39 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

So, business as usual on TWTD?

We have called up reinforcements....Factual is back.

2023 year of destiny

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:22 - Mar 15 with 1884 viewsjeera

14 more people in the UK have died.

Poor souls. Sorry for their families, it's horrible.

Things need to be stepped up.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:25 - Mar 15 with 1873 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:22 - Mar 15 by jeera

14 more people in the UK have died.

Poor souls. Sorry for their families, it's horrible.

Things need to be stepped up.

I saw today Best Western have offered to give up rooms to make up for hospital bed shortages, Corbyn is pushing for rent/mortgage freezes and a charity is demanding the government block book hotels for the homeless to isolate.

There is no plan, this is madness.

#political

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:25 - Mar 15 with 1873 viewsWeWereZombies

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:15 - Mar 15 by Pinewoodblue

Celebrity changed their screening process and identified groups of people who would be barred from boarding. My wife, as a result of her spinal cord injury is considered to have an immunity system that is compromised so she wouldn’t be allowed to board. The charter company advised people that they could cancel but no refunds or future cruise credits could be issued. They then decided if you cancelled they would refund 50% of the amount paid but this excluded port fees, taxes and gratuities. Challenged to say if they were keeping that for themselves they responded that they incurred cost, so that was a yes.

They then said they had reconsidered and were cancelling the cruise, future cruise credit of 100%, including gratuities, to be used on the next cruise they ran. Surprise Surprise 30 minutes later Celebrity announced all US cruises cancelled for a set period.

I had already paid a deposit of $1000 on the next cruise anyway, to secure best price and same cabin as this year. So the future cruise credit will be for more than the balance already paid. The later cruise would be on their standard terms no deposits are refundable under any circumstances.

Celebrity had unknowingly adding to rising rebellion by sending emails to everyone saying what their policy on cancellation was and it was significantly better than the charter company.

Another surprise they excluded passengers on the charter cruise from their latest email, giving significantly better compensation, and this decision not to send us the latest email was at the request of the charter company.

Just got the flights to sort out, guess that will have to be insurance claim now our flight has been effectively cancelled by President Trump. Before Virgin Atlantic were going to issue a100% credit to be used against a future flight.

You can let them know that Hurtigruten, the Norwegian ferry company who also run cruises, offered passengers the chance to book on another cruise before the end of next year with a ten percent discount and the amount you paid credited to be used again if you decide not to go on one of their trips departing this month. And they have not formally cancelled those yet. They still have hold of our money but it is a very decent offer.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:26 - Mar 15 with 1868 viewsjaykay

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:17 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

As I said, context is one hell of a thing. But you like your narratives so you think what you want.

i think other posters hinted the same but its you callis so they will be a long line waiting to put the boot in. two panic buyers have already started putting the boot in.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:34 - Mar 15 with 1835 viewsmonytowbray

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:26 - Mar 15 by jaykay

i think other posters hinted the same but its you callis so they will be a long line waiting to put the boot in. two panic buyers have already started putting the boot in.

I remember when Sparks and Glasgow used to say “WHAT AUSTERITY?” and “EVIDENCE?” a few years back whenever it was mentioned in relation to the Tories. So to be honest they aren’t exactly on the ball for seeing said party for how truly evil and manipulative they are.

And that was before the country decided to let the biggest narcissistic lying idiot in politics to steer the ship.

We are sadly about to see what we’ve created unfold and it’s going to get ugly: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-outbreak-inequ

So if people are bothered I’m a bit high strung with worry and p1ssed off right now they wouldn’t be wrong. But I have no interest in political point scoring. This is life and f*cking death and some on here are chucking it around like we’re making a call on whether or not we chuck another tenner in the fruitie that hasn’t paid out all day.

What little faith I had left in out ruling class is dead. It’s 2020 and we’re handling a pandemic that will risk lives, jobs and the very fabric of our society by making it up as we go along. I wouldn’t even do that in my job and I only work in marketing FFS.

TWTD never forgets…

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:38 - Mar 15 with 1832 viewsPecker

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 14:01 - Mar 15 by jaykay

but you stated 4 months and ' we were zombies. pointed out that is speculation so what smart person did you pick that up from

"stated" Honestly some people really are pathetic. I heard it on the radio, if that is ok with you.
Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:39 - Mar 15 with 1831 viewsStokieBlue

Over 70s isolation, guess that's Warnock ruled out for 4 months on 16:25 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

I saw today Best Western have offered to give up rooms to make up for hospital bed shortages, Corbyn is pushing for rent/mortgage freezes and a charity is demanding the government block book hotels for the homeless to isolate.

There is no plan, this is madness.

#political

What is your point?

It's a difficult time, the government is trying to get a grip on things but it wouldn't have been any different with any other government. Do you think the problems in Italy, Spain, France, Germany etc etc are all caused by their governments? Italy has loads of critical care infrastructure and it's still not enough - is that because they don't have a plan?

To think there can be a fully complete plan in an envelope somewhere they can just pull out and implement is naive. It's an incredibly fluid situation and thus the plans will also have to be in some way fluid.

Natwest/RBS and Lloyds are already offering to defer peoples mortgages who can't pay due to Covid-19 issues.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024