Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? 09:05 - Mar 20 with 3780 viewsnoggin

"It's not like flu." Shocking scenes that should be shown to everyone who is not taking recommended precautions.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 9:06]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:08 - Mar 20 with 3736 viewsbluelagos

Yeah, agree with you. The flippancy of many is shocking.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:11 - Mar 20 with 3716 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:08 - Mar 20 by bluelagos

With some, it isn't stupidity or flippancy. If you cannot stop a virus completely, allowing it to spread in a controlled fashion may well be the best decision. Whether we like it or not, a large number of people, principally those of an age or with health problems, are going to die and that is unavoidable whatever actions are taken.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:11 - Mar 20 with 3709 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Grim.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:11 - Mar 20 with 3705 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:08 - Mar 20 by bluelagos

But it is important to distinguish between those who do not care and those who are following correct procedure but not panicking. Over hype is not mandatory.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:15 - Mar 20 with 3694 viewsGluedtoBlue

I am taking the advice given but I am confused why the healthy masses aren't allowed to crack on as normal with those who are vulnerable encourage to isolate.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:16 - Mar 20 with 3674 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:11 - Mar 20 by Radlett_blue

With some, it isn't stupidity or flippancy. If you cannot stop a virus completely, allowing it to spread in a controlled fashion may well be the best decision. Whether we like it or not, a large number of people, principally those of an age or with health problems, are going to die and that is unavoidable whatever actions are taken.

The plan seems to be to make sure us oldens don’t all die at the same time.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:16 - Mar 20 with 3669 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:15 - Mar 20 by GluedtoBlue

I am taking the advice given but I am confused why the healthy masses aren't allowed to crack on as normal with those who are vulnerable encourage to isolate.

Because we are not testing widely enough or frequently enough (which appears impossible) to know if the healthy masses are actually that healthy.

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:17 - Mar 20 with 3660 viewsnoggin

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:15 - Mar 20 by GluedtoBlue

The thing is, it's not just the elderly and those with underlying conditions that are ending up in intensive care.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:22 - Mar 20 with 3621 viewsGluedtoBlue

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:16 - Mar 20 by WeWereZombies

Because we are not testing widely enough or frequently enough (which appears impossible) to know if the healthy masses are actually that healthy.

Well invest in the testing and find out then. The alternative is a long time of nothing, just isolating and restricting the spread is not a long term strategy.

And, more importantly, once this all blows over we will need a life to come back to.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:27 - Mar 20 with 3584 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:22 - Mar 20 by GluedtoBlue

Well invest in the testing and find out then. The alternative is a long time of nothing, just isolating and restricting the spread is not a long term strategy.

And, more importantly, once this all blows over we will need a life to come back to.

See Stokie's posts on how long winded the tests are.

Predictions about extreme virus epidemics have been extant for many years and what is happening now is but a shadow of what could happen in future. It may be a different life we come back to so, whilst I agree that it will 'blow over' - probably, we should expect a future of more awareness and adaptation to a changing natural world.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 9:28]

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:57 - Mar 20 with 3510 viewsBluesquid

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:17 - Mar 20 by noggin

The thing is, it's not just the elderly and those with underlying conditions that are ending up in intensive care.

Worryingly that does seem to be the case but intensive care thankfully does seem to be helping those particular patients because according to the report below from the Italian National Health Institute about 99% of fatalities have one or more underlying conditions. The report however is up to the 17th.

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_17_marzo-v
Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 10:18 - Mar 20 with 3408 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 09:16 - Mar 20 by Pinewoodblue

The plan seems to be to make sure us oldens don’t all die at the same time.

This is why I actually died some years ago.

Although that was mainly for tax reasons.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 11:55 - Mar 20 with 3274 viewsIllinoisblue

How do you and the other healthy masses know you don’t have it?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 12:14 - Mar 20 with 3214 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 11:55 - Mar 20 by Illinoisblue

How do you and the other healthy masses know you don’t have it?

That misses the point. I think it is a reasonable question.

The 'healthy masses' can have it and even be asymptomatic, by and large they are not at risk. There are vulnerable groups who are at a high risk. What is stopping those groups from isolating for their own safety, letting the rest get on with it and, hopefully, get immunity whilst keeping the wheels of society turning.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 12:19 - Mar 20 with 3178 viewsnoggin

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 12:14 - Mar 20 by GeoffSentence

The 'healthy masses' can have it and even be asymptomatic, by and large they are not at risk. There are vulnerable groups who are at a high risk. What is stopping those groups from isolating for their own safety, letting the rest get on with it and, hopefully, get immunity whilst keeping the wheels of society turning.

Because that is putting key workers at extra risk, in turn putting huge strain on essential services.

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 12:56 - Mar 20 with 3106 viewsGuthrum

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 12:14 - Mar 20 by GeoffSentence

Because immunity does not just happen like that. There is some question of re-infction in some cases, also that immunity only lasts for a short period (specifically the lifespan of the natural antigens).

Additionally, even an ordinary dose of this illness is quite severe, plus it can easily become pneumonia, which is likely to require hospitalisation. If a sizeable proportion of the workforce is either in bed, ill, or caring for the sick, then everything grinds to a halt anyway (in an uncontrolled fashion). Plus the wave of more serious cases swamping hospitals would lead to a disaster even surpassing Italy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 12:59 - Mar 20 with 3096 viewsGuthrum

Friend of mine put out a video on Facebook describing how bad his symptoms are. Was forced to take it down after a wave of replies suggesting he should "man up" and "get over it". What lovely people.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 13:04 - Mar 20 with 3066 viewsVaughan8

And this is where people don't understand. Until we are on lockdown, this is going to be the attitude of some people which quite frankly is wrong and selfish.

I'm no expert but from what I've read and heard, the point is to slow it down so the hospitals don't get so many people with it in a short space of time so they can't cope.

You can be "healthy" for a number of days before it kicks in. In the meantime you are spreading the virus around? Some people are believed to have barely even notice it but are carrying it.

We all need to do our bit but with this shopping as well, it just proves a lot of the country are stupid and selfish (some due to being scared, some just because they are)
Anyone seen the Sky News report from the Italian hospital? on 13:07 - Mar 20 with 3043 viewsStokieBlue

How do you know you are healthy? How do you know the masses are healthy?

There is up to 14 days incubation period - you have no idea if you have it or not during that time.

I suggest you go do some reading and the answers to your questions should become clear.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024