Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a bit worrying, if predictable 19:24 - Mar 31 with 4572 viewsgordon

Michael Gove straight up lying to the country about why they haven't been able to carry out many COVID tests - surely they would know someone would check? (read the whole twitter thread)

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:28 - Mar 31 with 2579 viewsDubtractor

Gove is one of the absolute worst members of this current government, against stiff competition.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:29 - Mar 31 with 2576 viewssparks

Follows up nicely on Hancock's comments about PPE.

He was saying a fortnight ago that there was initially a glitch but it was resolved. Simply unacceptable.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:31 - Mar 31 with 2552 viewseireblue

I am sure that someone will be along to explain, how it isn’t a lie, it is a difficult situation, and the Government are doing a great job.
This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:31 - Mar 31 with 2549 viewsjeera

They're like children aren't they.

Why can't we just have an honest grown-up running the country?

Preferably with some other honest adults alongside.

Do these people look at places like N.Korea and currently the US and think those are the benchmarks?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:37 - Mar 31 with 2522 viewsgordon

Lying to the public, at the moment, when they really do need people to trust what they're doing, is not a great idea.

The mess of metaphors in the press conference was also awful again today, from the NHS bloke as well - we were in the woods, out of the woods, foot on the accelerator, foot on the break, on the plateau, coming up to the summit, off the plateau, we had green shoots, then the green shoots were dying off.
This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:46 - Mar 31 with 2477 viewsGlasgowBlue

Simply unacceptable. In these difficult times we need those in charge to be honest with the public. Not making up things that when they don't know the answer.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:47 - Mar 31 with 2480 viewsjeera

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:37 - Mar 31 by gordon

Lying to the public, at the moment, when they really do need people to trust what they're doing, is not a great idea.

The mess of metaphors in the press conference was also awful again today, from the NHS bloke as well - we were in the woods, out of the woods, foot on the accelerator, foot on the break, on the plateau, coming up to the summit, off the plateau, we had green shoots, then the green shoots were dying off.

Maybe you just weren't seeing the bigger picture.

Or thinking outside the box.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:49 - Mar 31 with 2466 viewsBlueBadger

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:46 - Mar 31 by GlasgowBlue

Simply unacceptable. In these difficult times we need those in charge to be honest with the public. Not making up things that when they don't know the answer.

They are pathologicaly incapable of truth o being decent human beings. Case in point: Gove's preference for more Brexit balls over actually cooperating with our neighbours to source vital medical equipment.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:57 - Mar 31 with 2437 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:29 - Mar 31 by sparks

Follows up nicely on Hancock's comments about PPE.

He was saying a fortnight ago that there was initially a glitch but it was resolved. Simply unacceptable.

Political opportunism at its worse....shame on you!

In fact shame on you all....behave, save our NHS.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 19:59]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:02 - Mar 31 with 2395 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:49 - Mar 31 by BlueBadger

They are pathologicaly incapable of truth o being decent human beings. Case in point: Gove's preference for more Brexit balls over actually cooperating with our neighbours to source vital medical equipment.

I've always been a fan of Gove but this and other recent events have shown him to be the duplicitous bastard most people had already recognised.

Iron Lion Zion

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:02 - Mar 31 with 2402 viewsgordon

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 19:57 - Mar 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

Political opportunism at its worse....shame on you!

In fact shame on you all....behave, save our NHS.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 19:59]

I think now they're just a bunch of shameless bare-faced liars again it's OK to criticise the way they're handling things. I think* Happy to be corrected.

Looking forward to seeing when those 3.5m tests that are on order arrive!
This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:08 - Mar 31 with 2372 viewsmonytowbray

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:02 - Mar 31 by gordon

I think now they're just a bunch of shameless bare-faced liars again it's OK to criticise the way they're handling things. I think* Happy to be corrected.

Looking forward to seeing when those 3.5m tests that are on order arrive!

They’ve not stopped telling fibs since Johnson’s first announcement of herd immunity. We laugh at Trump but our lot are doing the same, just a lot better at PR and seem to have journalists afraid to ask hard questions.

Think Peston will raise this one tomorrow? Doubt it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:09 - Mar 31 with 2365 viewsBlueBadger

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:02 - Mar 31 by GlasgowBlue

I've always been a fan of Gove but this and other recent events have shown him to be the duplicitous bastard most people had already recognised.

For every good thing he does, like trying to undo the damage done by Grayling at Justice, there's 4 or 5 'utterly destructive stints as education secretary's to consider.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:09 - Mar 31 with 2359 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:08 - Mar 31 by monytowbray

They’ve not stopped telling fibs since Johnson’s first announcement of herd immunity. We laugh at Trump but our lot are doing the same, just a lot better at PR and seem to have journalists afraid to ask hard questions.

Think Peston will raise this one tomorrow? Doubt it.

Can you point me to a direct quote from Johnson that the Government policy was herd immunity.

There must be footage of this?

Iron Lion Zion

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:16 - Mar 31 with 2330 viewsmonytowbray

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:09 - Mar 31 by GlasgowBlue

Can you point me to a direct quote from Johnson that the Government policy was herd immunity.

Very nice of you to swerve with that wording.

https://www.ft.com/content/38a81588-6508-11ea-b3f3-fe4680ea68b5

You appear to be rewriting history. You were defending this with your condescending attitude about trusting the science, which changed apparently.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 20:16]

TWTD never forgets…

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:17 - Mar 31 with 2316 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Keeping the skools open?

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:20 - Mar 31 with 2291 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:16 - Mar 31 by monytowbray

You appear to be rewriting history. You were defending this with your condescending attitude about trusting the science, which changed apparently.

"Johnson’s first announcement of herd immunity"

Got that quote or footage of this announcement?

Iron Lion Zion

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:22 - Mar 31 with 2277 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:16 - Mar 31 by monytowbray

There appears to be an acceptable time line for criticising the gubberment.....odd isn't it, or maybe it just depends how you are perceived.

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:23 - Mar 31 with 2265 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:22 - Mar 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

There appears to be an acceptable time line for criticising the gubberment.....odd isn't it, or maybe it just depends how you are perceived.

Where has anyone said it's unacceptable to criticise the government? Who has ever said that?

Iron Lion Zion

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:26 - Mar 31 with 2258 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:20 - Mar 31 by GlasgowBlue

Come on Glassers, everyone knows we started off on herd immunity.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This is a bit worrying, if predictable (n/t) on 20:29 - Mar 31 with 2240 viewsgordon

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:26 - Mar 31 by BrixtonBlue

I thought that the article from the New Statesman that GlasgowBlue posted in another thread made it clear that the herd immunity strategy was why we don't have enough tests now (because testing wouldn't actually be that important if we were just letting the virus pass through the population and healthcare capacity wasn't a problem).
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 20:34]
This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:30 - Mar 31 with 2234 viewsmonytowbray

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/17/britain-uk-coronavirus-response-johnson-dro

You’re not a politician or a party member anymore. You don’t need to act like you’re in a court of law.

The approach was “do nothing” then two days later “the science changed” whilst the WHO, NHS staff and other experts tore the lacklustre approach to shreds. If you need that spelt out for you you can watch the first Thursday briefing again and then watch the Monday one straight after.

The fact you can even roll out this line as a defence shows just how much they are winging it.

TWTD never forgets…

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:31 - Mar 31 with 2217 viewsEireannach_gorm

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:20 - Mar 31 by GlasgowBlue

This the type of thing you are looking for?

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:34 - Mar 31 with 2181 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:26 - Mar 31 by BrixtonBlue

What Sir Patrick Vallance actually said at the press conference was that we needed to build up some immunity whilst a vaccine was being sought. It was one part of the suppression process that. Social distancing was also talked about when it became appropriate. They stated quite clearly that this would be brought in as the virus took hold but would be counter productive to do so too early.

The way people are talking is as if they just said we are just going to let everyone catch it to build herd immunity. Of course we need to build immunity. We can't be on lock down for the next 12 to 18 months. But it was one stage in a long thought out process of dealing with this. Not THE ONLY PLAN.

Iron Lion Zion

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:35 - Mar 31 with 2178 viewssparks

This is a bit worrying, if predictable on 20:31 - Mar 31 by Eireannach_gorm

This the type of thing you are looking for?

I am obliged to point out that is a contextless clip- leaving out what comes directly afterwards. All he says it was one theory was that approach.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024