Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? 09:21 - Apr 1 with 4258 viewsitfcjoe

Spurs - CEO who takes a £7m salary a year, players like Harry Kane earning £200k a week - have furloughed all staff taking advantage of the Government's scheme to just let the Govt pay them their 80% of salary, Spurs to contribute nothing.

Newcastle - As above, whilst paying players £80-100k a week

Norwich - As above, but will top up the salaries to full by paying the 20% extra, their fans excusing this last night firstly by thinking how great they are as a club to be topping salaries up, and then stating they aren't a cash rich, or even rich club, and that it is totally necessary.

All these clubs will be processing a payroll in the millions of pounds over the last few days, whilst getting the Govt to pick up the tab for a tiny fraction of it rather than have players defer wages like Leeds have done at this level

Also, Bournemouth - Have informed the people who look after their youth players in digs that they will be stopping their payments at the moment. The people that run around after 16-17 year old kids, give them 3 meals a day, for the sake of a couple of hundred pound a month and a free season ticket are having that payment stopped whilst Callum Wilson is earning £100k a week.

I'm not on of those that thinks footballers wages are ridiculous, they are rare commodities in a commercially successful game and I'd rather the money go to them than greedy executives - but this is a joke - a 10% wage deferral from players would have covered these other salaries 10x over.

Grubby, grubby and greedy.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 13:32 - Apr 1 with 1015 viewsJ2BLUE

I think this is a case of one does it, they all do it out of fear of missing out and losing ground. The Premier League should have made it clear to clubs that this was not a good idea and encouraged them not to do it.

Those not topping up the extra 20% are disgusting.

Credit to Norwich and Marcus Evans for doing the decent thing and topping up the 80%.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 14:15 - Apr 1 with 981 viewsRadlett_blue

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 13:32 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

I think this is a case of one does it, they all do it out of fear of missing out and losing ground. The Premier League should have made it clear to clubs that this was not a good idea and encouraged them not to do it.

Credit to Norwich and Marcus Evans for doing the decent thing and topping up the 80%.

While in football, especially the Premier League, looks particularly obscene because the players' salaries are so high, cricket isn't morally in a much better place at the moment, with the ECB saying yesterday that centrally contracted players won't be asked to take a pay cut, despite some of them earning more than £1m per year. I can only hope that negotiations behind closed doors will lead to a sensible compromise.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 19:50 - Apr 1 with 919 viewslevelneville

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 14:15 - Apr 1 by Radlett_blue

While in football, especially the Premier League, looks particularly obscene because the players' salaries are so high, cricket isn't morally in a much better place at the moment, with the ECB saying yesterday that centrally contracted players won't be asked to take a pay cut, despite some of them earning more than £1m per year. I can only hope that negotiations behind closed doors will lead to a sensible compromise.

My thoughts entirely...Maybe just maybe football will change, however facts are the Government are paying the 80% therefore the clubs will only be paying 20% if they agree to that and if as stated in Spurs case they will only be paying out £275,000 pm...its us the taxpayers who will subsidise the PL clubs....yet small business's are struggling to get the help from the banks that the Government announced recently....sad times.
Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 20:30 - Apr 1 with 893 viewsstonojnr

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 13:32 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

give Norwich credit, for what ?sticking their nose in the trough like the other premier league clubs but trying to make us feel they aint quite as bad and complete expletives about it, they get minimum 90million pounds just for being in that league.

be in no doubt all Premier League clubs could afford to pay their staff their full wages for much longer than this lockdown will last, they are choosing not to.

at least we have an excuse that L1 is pretty cash poor,and we are pretty cash poor and losing stacks of money, but at least our manager has said he would drop his wage to help, how much is Farke getting paid still ?
Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 20:35 - Apr 1 with 889 viewsgiant_stow

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 19:50 - Apr 1 by levelneville

My thoughts entirely...Maybe just maybe football will change, however facts are the Government are paying the 80% therefore the clubs will only be paying 20% if they agree to that and if as stated in Spurs case they will only be paying out £275,000 pm...its us the taxpayers who will subsidise the PL clubs....yet small business's are struggling to get the help from the banks that the Government announced recently....sad times.

It depends how bad / long the recession is and how much that screws the tv companies's subscriber bases. In a year £100 a month for footy night seem mad. Anither silver lining hopefully.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 21:55 - Apr 1 with 867 viewslevelneville

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 20:35 - Apr 1 by giant_stow

It depends how bad / long the recession is and how much that screws the tv companies's subscriber bases. In a year £100 a month for footy night seem mad. Anither silver lining hopefully.

Well i've never subscribed to the Murdoch bank (Sky) but football was a bubble which at some point was going to burst and this pandemic has just produced the pin...it has to change and my own guess is it will but how is the question now...I see, as someone else has also mentioned, that if the season is not complete (PL not EFL) then the TV companies will ask for a return of funding !! That would be interesting.
Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 22:24 - Apr 1 with 849 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I get your point and I do think they should be prioritising doing all they can to limit the higher expenditure on player wages.

However, I also think that any business where they cannot reasonably expect staff to be working and they have the potential to take advantage of the Government it is a no-brainer to do so. They, of course, should make up the 20% as it is a tiny fraction of other expenses. However, there is a point at which there is a tipping point and it is not necessarily easy for the clubs to force the players to defer wages or take a cut in salary. If a club goes into administration it is those people who will suffer. The player wages are to some degree protected aren't they? Of course, if there is much less money in clubs after this finishes, they may find they are not protected after all.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 23:28 - Apr 1 with 809 viewsjaykay

leeds are a leading light in this, making sure all their 272 non playing staff get paid.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 00:08 - Apr 2 with 796 viewscatch74

I really don’t want to think about it but wonder what is the combined total footballers weekly wage in the premier league. We have to remember they’re not having to play games. I wonder how much that figure is compared to the cost of the Nightingale Hospital. Imagine if the premier league had funded a proportion of that hospital.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 00:09 - Apr 2 with 796 viewsvapour_trail

Every large organisation putting their lowly paid employees into furlough, has a board room stacked full of men, with more money than most people will ever know.

They are all doing the same.

Football is no different.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 00:15 - Apr 2 with 790 viewsPhantomsBelievers

This is a PR disaster in the making for the Premier League in particular, as has been said elsewhere, so they will seek to squash this as quickly as they can, by coming up with some deal and no doubt a few high-profile players will be wheeled out to spout some bull**** about "we felt it was the right thing to do".

However, it will now feel like they have been forced into it due to the growing public outcry and I have no doubt there will be some kind of gurantee that they will eventually get all their money. The Premier League's last published accounts show they had £1.5BILLION in the bank FFS!

I'm sick of hearing about players having such short careers, so they need to be paid these exhorbitant salaries. SFW. Go out and get a real job when you've finished playing. They earn so much money they will probably never, ever need to work again.

Personally, I hope the PL get well and truly shafted over this, but I fear it will ultimately be the lower league clubs :(
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 0:18]
Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 07:52 - Apr 2 with 706 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 21:55 - Apr 1 by levelneville

Well i've never subscribed to the Murdoch bank (Sky) but football was a bubble which at some point was going to burst and this pandemic has just produced the pin...it has to change and my own guess is it will but how is the question now...I see, as someone else has also mentioned, that if the season is not complete (PL not EFL) then the TV companies will ask for a return of funding !! That would be interesting.

Murdoch doesn't have anything to do with Sky. He sold his share years ago.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 07:56 - Apr 2 with 705 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 19:50 - Apr 1 by levelneville

Not that I want to defend the PL clubs, but I think you're getting slightly confused/carried away. The 80% is only up to £2500pm.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 08:33 - Apr 2 with 672 viewsitfcjoe

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 00:08 - Apr 2 by catch74

I really don’t want to think about it but wonder what is the combined total footballers weekly wage in the premier league. We have to remember they’re not having to play games. I wonder how much that figure is compared to the cost of the Nightingale Hospital. Imagine if the premier league had funded a proportion of that hospital.

It has in effect though, I think I read somewhere that the PL raises £1bn for the exchequer every year.

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 08:43 - Apr 2 with 646 viewsRadlett_blue

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 00:09 - Apr 2 by vapour_trail

Every large organisation putting their lowly paid employees into furlough, has a board room stacked full of men, with more money than most people will ever know.

They are all doing the same.

Football is no different.

Boards have fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders to try to do what's best for the company. This may well involve putting employees on furlough as otherwise there may be no company at all & no jobs. However, senior executives should take at least a 20% pay cut themselves and forgo all bonuses until the crisis is over.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 08:54 - Apr 2 with 636 viewsitfcjoe

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 08:43 - Apr 2 by Radlett_blue

Boards have fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders to try to do what's best for the company. This may well involve putting employees on furlough as otherwise there may be no company at all & no jobs. However, senior executives should take at least a 20% pay cut themselves and forgo all bonuses until the crisis is over.

Also if you are a big company then generally will have a structure where there are thousands of people on the lower rungs, and that will be a fair chunk of any wage bill.

I imagine somewhere like McDonalds has tens of thousands of restaurant employees and cooks not earning much, but just hundreds earning top money

At a PL football club you will have 30 earning mega money and just 300 or so earning the sort of money that can be furloughed.

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 09:55 - Apr 2 with 606 viewsElderGrizzly

Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 08:54 - Apr 2 by itfcjoe

Also if you are a big company then generally will have a structure where there are thousands of people on the lower rungs, and that will be a fair chunk of any wage bill.

I imagine somewhere like McDonalds has tens of thousands of restaurant employees and cooks not earning much, but just hundreds earning top money

At a PL football club you will have 30 earning mega money and just 300 or so earning the sort of money that can be furloughed.

Right now, it looks like Gordon Taylor and the players are disappearing up each others aresholes

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/01/premier-league-tells-pfa-player
Nothing on the behaviour of certain PL clubs as yet? on 12:02 - Apr 2 with 573 viewshampstead_blue

I said this earlier.
It's vile and a disgrace.

I'd like to see the players volunteer to be furloughed.

I hope this stains those greedy barstewards for a very long time.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024