Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham Nightingale Hospital 14:11 - Apr 26 with 2400 viewsTommyparker

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital has not been used at all, 10 days since it has been opened. It showed the NHS had "absorbed" the extra pressure Dr David Rosser said.
Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 17:59 - Apr 26 with 635 viewsfactual_blue

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 17:50 - Apr 26 by BlueBadger

Their most recent wheeze was try and claim that CPR is a non-aerosol generating procedure and therefore full full FFP3 level PPE isn't needed. Anyone who's ever attended a cardiac arrest knows that's utter rubbish. It's not like how it is on the telly you tend to get all sorts of fluids flying everywhere. Thankfully most places have ignored this and gone with the guidelines from the resuscitations council which says 'you can place pads and give a shock, but nobody does any compressions or starts manual ventilation until they're fully kitted out'.

PHE are most interested in penny-pinching than actually looking after their most valuable resource, the staff.

It becomes clearer everyday who the real aerosols are.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 18:05 - Apr 26 with 633 viewsDubtractor

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 17:50 - Apr 26 by BlueBadger

Their most recent wheeze was try and claim that CPR is a non-aerosol generating procedure and therefore full full FFP3 level PPE isn't needed. Anyone who's ever attended a cardiac arrest knows that's utter rubbish. It's not like how it is on the telly you tend to get all sorts of fluids flying everywhere. Thankfully most places have ignored this and gone with the guidelines from the resuscitations council which says 'you can place pads and give a shock, but nobody does any compressions or starts manual ventilation until they're fully kitted out'.

PHE are most interested in penny-pinching than actually looking after their most valuable resource, the staff.

That last sentence is why I am utterly opposed to any privatisation (or whatever current word is used) for any services that look after people, eg health, social care, education. Penny pinching and profit motive have no place whatsoever in those services.

Other privatisation I'm OK with - I work in waste services and there is genuine evidence of good value/innovation etc from private companies so that actually works, albeit definitely not essential in all cases.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 18:20 - Apr 26 with 611 viewsGlasgowBlue

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 18:05 - Apr 26 by Dubtractor

That last sentence is why I am utterly opposed to any privatisation (or whatever current word is used) for any services that look after people, eg health, social care, education. Penny pinching and profit motive have no place whatsoever in those services.

Other privatisation I'm OK with - I work in waste services and there is genuine evidence of good value/innovation etc from private companies so that actually works, albeit definitely not essential in all cases.

Germany seems to be making a very good job of things with a health care system paid for by a combination of statutory health insurance and private health insurance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Germany

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 19:30 - Apr 26 with 588 viewsEwan_Oozami

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 18:20 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

Germany seems to be making a very good job of things with a health care system paid for by a combination of statutory health insurance and private health insurance.

I think the German view of health is different to the UK's - we think a stool chart is funny, wheeas they think it's a valuable indicator of potential health issues :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 19:34 - Apr 26 with 581 viewsjeera

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 19:30 - Apr 26 by Ewan_Oozami

I think the German view of health is different to the UK's - we think a stool chart is funny, wheeas they think it's a valuable indicator of potential health issues :-)

I've only had to take in one of those samples once and I remember the humiliation I felt.

I also felt awful for whomever had to deal with it at its destination.

I actually wondered at one point if I was just better off risking my life to save face.

We do look at these things differently to some other cultures, you're right.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 19:48 - Apr 26 with 569 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 18:05 - Apr 26 by Dubtractor

Not essential or even beneficial in many cases. See the rail network and ticket prices, service and the private companies' capacity to both make a good profit and get compensation from the Government if they don't.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 20:44 - Apr 26 with 532 viewsClapham_Junction

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 19:30 - Apr 26 by Ewan_Oozami

I think the German attitudes to profit-making are also rather different.

The article doesn't seem to mention that most hospitals in Germany (accounting for over 80% of beds) are either state owned (almost half) or run by not-for-profits organisations (around a third).
Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 20:55 - Apr 26 with 519 viewsNBVJohn

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 14:14 - Apr 26 by Mullet

Although these aren't hospitals in the proper sense are they? They are emergency beds within massive sheds and resources geared up to help people. It's just there aren't enough staff, loads of surgeries and other elements of the NHS have been shut down, reduced or reassigned.

This idea that Nightingales are miracles and the NHS is coping is just baffling.

As I understand it, the day to day focus of regular hospitals will now revert to routine treatments and services etc. as far as is practical, with the Nightingale Hospitals now taking on the Covid cases.
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 21:19 - Apr 26 with 504 viewsBlueForYou

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 18:20 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

I haven’t a clue how the German health system works, reading the link, does this suggest that their system is privatised & funded through compulsory health insurance? Is that part of taxation or separate? Anyone with good knowledge who could explain how they do things simply & clearly, & is it better or worse than our system?
Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 21:19 - Apr 26 with 504 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 20:55 - Apr 26 by NBVJohn

As I understand it, the day to day focus of regular hospitals will now revert to routine treatments and services etc. as far as is practical, with the Nightingale Hospitals now taking on the Covid cases.

Where do you get that from?

I thought the Nightingales were to provide extra capacity in anticipation of us needing it not to replace the regular ITU and become covid quarantine areas.

There seem to be so much rumour and disinformation around it is difficult to tell what is factual.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 21:38 - Apr 26 with 493 viewsjeera

Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on 21:19 - Apr 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Where do you get that from?

I thought the Nightingales were to provide extra capacity in anticipation of us needing it not to replace the regular ITU and become covid quarantine areas.

There seem to be so much rumour and disinformation around it is difficult to tell what is factual.

If, (if), the Nightingale Hospitals were kitted out sufficiently to deal with C-19 patients that would be a clear solution to get regular hospitals running at normal capacity again I guess.

To keep people isolated from the rest of the population would make sense.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024