Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Welsh 11 18:10 - Apr 28 with 1148 viewsmonty_radio

Having myself suggested it, I am indebted to Hoppy for the research.

Adam Przybek

Edwards, D Collins, Lea, Tibbott

W Reed, Gavin Williams, Geraint Williams, Elsworthy

Mick Hill, Tom Lawrence

I never saw Billy Reed play (has anyone on here?) but his stats warrant a start.

Hoppy's full list:

Keepers:

Lewis Price, Michael Crowe, Adam Przybek

Defenders:
Troy Brown, Danny Collins, James Collins, Elliot Hewitt, Andy Legg, Ben Thatcher, James Wilson, Josh Yorwerth, Les Tibbott

Midfielders:
Billy Baker, Christopher Barnard, Jack Collison, , John Elsworthy, Emyr Huws, Cyril Lea, Trevor Morris, William Reed, Gavin Williams, Geraint Williams, Jackie Williams, Jonathan Williams , Gwion Edwards,

Forwards:
Ellis Harrison, Mick Hill, Tom Lawrence, Keifer Moore, Aled Owen, Derek Rees

[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 21:39]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 18:46 - Apr 28 with 1084 viewsSmithersJones

Les Tibbott?
Ipswich Welsh 11 on 18:49 - Apr 28 with 1085 viewsPhilTWTD

Billy Reed was the first Town player to win an international cap. Someone told me, only a matter of days ago funnily enough, that when he made his Wales debut against Scotland the entire Town squad and staff travelled to Ninian Park to watch the game.

Winger Reed Dies 16th Jan 2003 11:49
Former Town winger Billy Reed has died at the age of 74. Reed played for Town between 1953 and 1958, scoring 46 goals in 169 appearances. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ipswich Welsh 11 on 19:31 - Apr 28 with 1047 viewsMullet

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 18:49 - Apr 28 by PhilTWTD

Billy Reed was the first Town player to win an international cap. Someone told me, only a matter of days ago funnily enough, that when he made his Wales debut against Scotland the entire Town squad and staff travelled to Ninian Park to watch the game.

Former Town winger Billy Reed has died at the age of 74. Reed played for Town between 1953 and 1958, scoring 46 goals in 169 appearances. 0

That's a rarebit of trivia that Phil.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 19:41 - Apr 28 with 1035 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Shows how difficult it is by the number of current or recent players considered !

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 19:56 - Apr 28 with 1027 viewsfactual_blue

Under the club's current administration, the entire squad and staff would have travelled to Ninian Park to see the game, only to find it was at Hampden.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 21:40 - Apr 28 with 966 viewsmonty_radio

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 18:46 - Apr 28 by SmithersJones

Les Tibbott?

Well done! And he goes straight into my amended team.

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 21:45 - Apr 28 with 960 viewsmonty_radio

Another bit of trivia is that, according to Wiki, he went on to play for that noted Welsh side, Abergavenny Thursdays.

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 23:12 - Apr 28 with 933 viewshoppy

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 18:46 - Apr 28 by SmithersJones

Les Tibbott?

He was born in England, and managed 2 x Welsh Under 21 caps, so if that’s enough qualification, then go ahead...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 23:46 - Apr 28 with 910 viewsRocky

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 23:12 - Apr 28 by hoppy

He was born in England, and managed 2 x Welsh Under 21 caps, so if that’s enough qualification, then go ahead...

Tibbot was a decent full back who would have played many more games but for the talent we had at that time. I had quite forgotten Chris Barnard and I have vague memories of a blond wide player - someone who just played a handful of games. I seem to recall that what would have been Barnard's debut was called off due to a frozen pitch. No doubt a statto will put me right...
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 23:53]
Ipswich Welsh 11 on 09:46 - Apr 29 with 803 viewsmonty_radio

Ipswich Welsh 11 on 23:46 - Apr 28 by Rocky

Tibbot was a decent full back who would have played many more games but for the talent we had at that time. I had quite forgotten Chris Barnard and I have vague memories of a blond wide player - someone who just played a handful of games. I seem to recall that what would have been Barnard's debut was called off due to a frozen pitch. No doubt a statto will put me right...
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 23:53]

60 or so appearances across 7 years with 4 clubs and disappearing to Chelmsford City by the age of 25 suggests a career that never quite took off. Though we did sell him to Torquay for actual money - £8000. I remember him more from the reserves where his drive and enthusiasm stood out, but like many back then, before the league pyramid, he probably spent too long in "the stiffs" not playing. As some of our recent old-school managers like to say, these were not "proper games" in that they seldom seemed to provide a natural progression, but they were "mens' games" in that they knew how to kick lumps out of one another.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024