Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LATEST SCORE : Boris Johnson 0-194 Sir Keir Starmer 12:41 - May 6 with 14693 viewsMaySixth

Boris Johnson : “International comparisons are not being made”

Keir Starmer : “Here is a slide from last night showing the government making international comparisons”

Silence.

(FIVE)
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 19:50]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:55 - May 7 with 611 viewslowhouseblue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:03 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

I was "very happy"?

No, because I knew they had massive targets on their backs and it was going to be uphill all the way. What I didn't expect was that those on the Labour right exactly like YOU would be the worst enemies and most capable footsoldiers of the Tories. It was apparent anyway but the leaks show you lot were instrumental in that in large part by setting up the whole institutional antisemitism line of attack.

So what I would have been very happy about was the broad church you liars said was being denied you. And a broad church that represented the members and an overall commitment to change and solving some of this country's issues. Rather than a narrow church of party nerds propping up the establishment and circle-jerking each other.

Own it.

And if Starmer manages to provide the broad church and stays true to being committed to progressive politics then I'll be overjoyed. If not then I'm wondering why we've got two LibDem parties that have decided to split their own vote.

why would i own something that is pent 5 years warning against? how odd.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:57 - May 7 with 610 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:52 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

You didn’t. I’m just asking you not to.

There, that saved us both ten pages and hours of needless “you said, I said”.

I had no intention of doing so.

While I'm here, can I ask you not to blame me for Covid-19, Watergate and the bad decisions made by the senate during the reign of Julius Caesar?

Thanks.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:57 - May 7 with 609 viewslowhouseblue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:28 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

Back to using the EHRC report that isn't out yet again I see?

Funny how you cite it when it suits and also say, "Let's just wait for the report" when it suits as well.

ah right, yes. that first line was actually a quote from dawn butler one of corbyn's closest cronies. you need to keep up with the official line.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 09:00 - May 7 with 609 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:47 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

You don't need to carry on the old nonsense, you won.

But Corbyn was not incompetent, far from it. He may have been unpopular, largely due to the smear campaign you revelled in, but whenever I saw him on the various televised debates, he came across as very competent.

It's silly and childish to call him incompetent. Particularly when you've voted for the Tory Party for so many years.

No, the look I was talking about is middle-aged, middle-class, and with a strong jawline.

As I said, looks, sadly, seem to be vastly important in politics.

Indeed.

I truly hate party politics and what passes for political debate nowadays.

The Tories would lose almost every time if we focused on their actual record and the policies that are being presented as alternatives. All this performative, brand perception nonsense from the party political fan boys and the press plays completely into their hands.

And that's what gives us Brexit, a creaking Union, and a woeful lack of preparedness and day-to-day responsibility during the current health and economic crisis. It's set up probably the worst and least globally competitive future this country has seen since the Dark Ages.

Owning their mistakes would set these people free and help us start repairing the damage before it's too late.

Pronouns: He/Him

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 09:04 - May 7 with 602 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:55 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

why would i own something that is pent 5 years warning against? how odd.

You spelt "lying about" wrong.

And I know you won't own it. It's purely rhetorical.

Pronouns: He/Him

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 10:26 - May 7 with 562 viewsNewcyBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:44 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

As I said, this current format exposes Johnson as being all bluster and Starmer being the master of forensic detail.

And in this current climate it’s exactly what is needed.

But when things are back to normal people won’t be turned on by this. More people turned up to watch Town lose 5-4 under Paul Jewell than watch Mick grind out a 0-0 draw or 1-0 win.

People liked to be whipped up. Don’t blame me for human nature.

That just shows how utterly stupid people are.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 10:32 - May 7 with 560 viewsNewcyBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:45 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

Moderates? Good one.

Don't worry. I also blame the genuinely useless press, the Brexit fiasco (including Corbyn's own ambivalent attitude to the EU), you and the other serial accusers who've strained every sinew and abandoned all standards of honesty and objectivity to portray the left as the Bogeyman.

It's been a sh!tshow. I don't agree with Corbyn and some of the hard-left on different issues that could also have worsened Labour's chance. But to be perfectly frank these are small potatoes compared to the wave of nonsense they needed defending against.

Corbyn’s lack of anything regarding Brexit showed how utterly useless he was to me.

That said, I said from the start that whilst I don’t particularly think Corbyn was the answer, I did hope he was a catalyst for change in Politics. Unfortunately, people still seem to vote because they want rid of the brown people down the road.

Oh, and please stop the “own it” stuff. It’s ridiculous.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 10:33 - May 7 with 559 viewsNewcyBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:57 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

I had no intention of doing so.

While I'm here, can I ask you not to blame me for Covid-19, Watergate and the bad decisions made by the senate during the reign of Julius Caesar?

Thanks.

Own it.

Login to get fewer ads

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 10:38 - May 7 with 557 viewslowhouseblue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 09:04 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

You spelt "lying about" wrong.

And I know you won't own it. It's purely rhetorical.

that would be 'own' in the sense of correctly predict, warn against, and get angry about. i could hardly have told you more often that people like you were letting down all those that needed a labour government. but you were too busy not seeing stuff.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 10:39]

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:08 - May 7 with 536 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:57 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

ah right, yes. that first line was actually a quote from dawn butler one of corbyn's closest cronies. you need to keep up with the official line.

Nicely swerved. I'm just trying to keep up with what you post on here, which seems to change with whatever suits best at the time.

So are we allowed to speculate on the EHRC report today or should we still be waiting for the report? I guess it depends what side of bed you got out of.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:11 - May 7 with 532 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 09:00 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

I truly hate party politics and what passes for political debate nowadays.

The Tories would lose almost every time if we focused on their actual record and the policies that are being presented as alternatives. All this performative, brand perception nonsense from the party political fan boys and the press plays completely into their hands.

And that's what gives us Brexit, a creaking Union, and a woeful lack of preparedness and day-to-day responsibility during the current health and economic crisis. It's set up probably the worst and least globally competitive future this country has seen since the Dark Ages.

Owning their mistakes would set these people free and help us start repairing the damage before it's too late.

Absolutely spot on. I'm baffled as to how even lowhouse can disagree with that.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:12 - May 7 with 528 viewslowhouseblue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:08 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

Nicely swerved. I'm just trying to keep up with what you post on here, which seems to change with whatever suits best at the time.

So are we allowed to speculate on the EHRC report today or should we still be waiting for the report? I guess it depends what side of bed you got out of.

i posted the dawn butler quote just to see who would attack me for daring to say such a thing ... ah.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:14 - May 7 with 526 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 10:32 - May 7 by NewcyBlue

Corbyn’s lack of anything regarding Brexit showed how utterly useless he was to me.

That said, I said from the start that whilst I don’t particularly think Corbyn was the answer, I did hope he was a catalyst for change in Politics. Unfortunately, people still seem to vote because they want rid of the brown people down the road.

The position Corbyn ended on - refusing to comment either way in order to leave it to the public to decide without influence from the top - was absolutely correct IMO. Unfortunately easy to pull apart by his enemies, but sadly doing what wins votes is more important than doing what's right.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:18 - May 7 with 517 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 10:38 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

that would be 'own' in the sense of correctly predict, warn against, and get angry about. i could hardly have told you more often that people like you were letting down all those that needed a labour government. but you were too busy not seeing stuff.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 10:39]

Sticking to your principles in the face of adversity is admirable rather than letting people down.

You gave up your principles and in the process let yourself down. I hope you've cancelled your Labour membership. You virtually became a Tory fan-boy during the election and ought to be ashamed of yourself.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:19 - May 7 with 515 viewsgiant_stow

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 10:32 - May 7 by NewcyBlue

"Oh, and please stop the “own it” stuff. It’s ridiculous. "

isn't it just, but don't be too hard on them - they wholeheartedly backed the wrong man who went on lead them to a historic defeat instead of what should have been an easy victory. The reaction is understandable - I'd be feeling guilty too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:21 - May 7 with 514 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:12 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

i posted the dawn butler quote just to see who would attack me for daring to say such a thing ... ah.

haha. You are absolutely full of sh!t. You've flipped one way and the other several times on whether we should be discussing the report yet or not, I'm not basing this on one quote.

Liar liar pants on fire.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:21 - May 7 with 512 viewsm14_blue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:14 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

The position Corbyn ended on - refusing to comment either way in order to leave it to the public to decide without influence from the top - was absolutely correct IMO. Unfortunately easy to pull apart by his enemies, but sadly doing what wins votes is more important than doing what's right.

It was pathetic.

How can someone who wants to be Prime Minister refuse to take a position on the most important political issue we have faced for generations, it’s laughable.

Anyway, we should all try and look forward and do whatever is necessary to oust this useless, lying, vacuous and immoral government and the charlatan who leads them. They are without doubt the least talented and least trustworthy administration in living memory.
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:24 - May 7 with 511 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:19 - May 7 by giant_stow

isn't it just, but don't be too hard on them - they wholeheartedly backed the wrong man who went on lead them to a historic defeat instead of what should have been an easy victory. The reaction is understandable - I'd be feeling guilty too.

History is littered with fights that were right and just, but ultimately lost. No-one should be feeling guilty for backing Corbyn.

The guilt lies with the smearers and the back-stabbers, and those on the sidelines like yourself who fell for it.

What time does Starmer's smear-wagon start rolling?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:25 - May 7 with 508 viewslowhouseblue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:21 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

haha. You are absolutely full of sh!t. You've flipped one way and the other several times on whether we should be discussing the report yet or not, I'm not basing this on one quote.

Liar liar pants on fire.

so you think dawn butler, corybyn's crony supreme, is wrong in what she says?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:26 - May 7 with 506 viewsgiant_stow

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:24 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

History is littered with fights that were right and just, but ultimately lost. No-one should be feeling guilty for backing Corbyn.

The guilt lies with the smearers and the back-stabbers, and those on the sidelines like yourself who fell for it.

Blaming us voters again. See?

Everyone else's fault, but the man and the movement behind him.

Poorer people will be thanking him for decades to come.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:28 - May 7 with 503 viewsNewcyBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:14 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

Corbyn should have just explained where he stood.

Brexit was an either/or vote. Instead of in or out, he shook it all about.

“Doing what wins votes” and that’s the problem. To make change you, you have to be in a position to make the change.

I still believe that politicians should be held accountable in a court of law for what they say.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 11:30]

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:34 - May 7 with 493 viewslowhouseblue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:28 - May 7 by NewcyBlue

Corbyn should have just explained where he stood.

Brexit was an either/or vote. Instead of in or out, he shook it all about.

“Doing what wins votes” and that’s the problem. To make change you, you have to be in a position to make the change.

I still believe that politicians should be held accountable in a court of law for what they say.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 11:30]

he also went on holiday during the brexit referendum. what most people agree to be the most significant political event in decades with a cataclysmic outcome in the eyes of many, and he went on holiday rather than campaign. unbelievable.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 11:34]

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:38 - May 7 with 486 viewsNewcyBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:19 - May 7 by giant_stow

This whole feeling guilty for who you voted for thing is ridiculous.

People vote for parties for their own, supposedly valid, reasons.

I don’t think the racists should feel guilty for voting for parties that want brown people out. I think they’re wrong, and if I see them partaking in racisms I reserve the right to let them know.

Politics is becoming more and more like religion. You see people following it without question. It’s brainwashing.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:39 - May 7 with 483 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:24 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

The Starmer smear wagon has been rolling for few weeks now. Mostly from embittered Corbynites who are accusing him of being in the pay of Zionists and the Rothschilds.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:39 - May 7 with 484 viewsNewcyBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 11:34 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

he also went on holiday during the brexit referendum. what most people agree to be the most significant political event in decades with a cataclysmic outcome in the eyes of many, and he went on holiday rather than campaign. unbelievable.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 11:34]

Didn’t Boris go on holiday as this COVID thing got going?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024