Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LATEST SCORE : Boris Johnson 0-194 Sir Keir Starmer 12:41 - May 6 with 14692 viewsMaySixth

Boris Johnson : “International comparisons are not being made”

Keir Starmer : “Here is a slide from last night showing the government making international comparisons”

Silence.

(FIVE)
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 19:50]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 22:17 - May 6 with 642 viewsjaykay

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 13:06 - May 6 by Chutney

I make it 1-2,, but certainly refreshing to see Starmer in the hot seat. Charismatic, intelligent, a healthy level of challenge and compassion and with huge mass market appeal.

And to think some wanted Jeremy Corbyn as our PM. Hilarious.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 13:07]

where did boris score a goal.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 23:39 - May 6 with 619 viewsRyorry

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:10 - May 6 by BlueBadger

No he didn't. His first PMQ was an hour of 'I have a letter from Mrs Trellis in North Wales'.

I'd forgotten that!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 23:44 - May 6 with 619 viewsRyorry

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 17:25 - May 6 by BlueBadger

Yes, but blue tory or some other such b0llocks..

Yeah, apparently I'm a "Tory-lite" for voting Labour, according to those in the echo chamber

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 06:34 - May 7 with 595 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 18:19 - May 6 by giant_stow

Don't blame Corbyn for that.

Its Sam Matthews's fault. Or Isreal's. Or the voters'.

It's obviously more than that and Corbyn takes theI blame for his own shortcomings.

But I also blame people like you who are fed the lines and faithfully regurgitate them while lazily skimming the surface. Rather too many of you to now be complaining about a Tory government (again).

Own it.

Pronouns: He/Him

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 07:38 - May 7 with 547 viewslowhouseblue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 06:34 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

It's obviously more than that and Corbyn takes theI blame for his own shortcomings.

But I also blame people like you who are fed the lines and faithfully regurgitate them while lazily skimming the surface. Rather too many of you to now be complaining about a Tory government (again).

Own it.

institutional racism existed and the party will be found to be institutionally racist, so you may as well just accept that point now.

and all the while you gloried in the opposition being unelectable. but apparently you were moving the discussion to the left which was much more important. you were very happy for the voters to be offered corbyn, mcdonnell, abbott et al and you were then surprised when the voters gave the tories a landslide. jeez.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:03 - May 7 with 521 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 07:38 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

institutional racism existed and the party will be found to be institutionally racist, so you may as well just accept that point now.

and all the while you gloried in the opposition being unelectable. but apparently you were moving the discussion to the left which was much more important. you were very happy for the voters to be offered corbyn, mcdonnell, abbott et al and you were then surprised when the voters gave the tories a landslide. jeez.

I was "very happy"?

No, because I knew they had massive targets on their backs and it was going to be uphill all the way. What I didn't expect was that those on the Labour right exactly like YOU would be the worst enemies and most capable footsoldiers of the Tories. It was apparent anyway but the leaks show you lot were instrumental in that in large part by setting up the whole institutional antisemitism line of attack.

So what I would have been very happy about was the broad church you liars said was being denied you. And a broad church that represented the members and an overall commitment to change and solving some of this country's issues. Rather than a narrow church of party nerds propping up the establishment and circle-jerking each other.

Own it.

And if Starmer manages to provide the broad church and stays true to being committed to progressive politics then I'll be overjoyed. If not then I'm wondering why we've got two LibDem parties that have decided to split their own vote.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:15 - May 7 with 487 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 14:00 - May 6 by Ryorry

KS' incisiveness has immediately exposed how wasted the years of JC's "leadership" were.

Starmer has gravitas and is a statesman. For labour voters it’s been five wasted years and two easily winnable elections against two of the most woeful Tory governments in history had the right opposition leader been in place.

Labour MP’s knew how useless Corbyn was, but other than the vote of confidence against him in 2016 they didn’t have the balls to replace him.

When several moderates left the party last year to start the independent group it should have been the starting gun for Tom Watson to challenge Corbyn and say enough is enough.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:19 - May 7 with 475 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:03 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

I was "very happy"?

No, because I knew they had massive targets on their backs and it was going to be uphill all the way. What I didn't expect was that those on the Labour right exactly like YOU would be the worst enemies and most capable footsoldiers of the Tories. It was apparent anyway but the leaks show you lot were instrumental in that in large part by setting up the whole institutional antisemitism line of attack.

So what I would have been very happy about was the broad church you liars said was being denied you. And a broad church that represented the members and an overall commitment to change and solving some of this country's issues. Rather than a narrow church of party nerds propping up the establishment and circle-jerking each other.

Own it.

And if Starmer manages to provide the broad church and stays true to being committed to progressive politics then I'll be overjoyed. If not then I'm wondering why we've got two LibDem parties that have decided to split their own vote.

People like you blaming the labour moderates for losing two general elections is like Pandora blaming the lid.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:23 - May 7 with 473 viewsjimmyvet

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:15 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

Starmer has gravitas and is a statesman. For labour voters it’s been five wasted years and two easily winnable elections against two of the most woeful Tory governments in history had the right opposition leader been in place.

Labour MP’s knew how useless Corbyn was, but other than the vote of confidence against him in 2016 they didn’t have the balls to replace him.

When several moderates left the party last year to start the independent group it should have been the starting gun for Tom Watson to challenge Corbyn and say enough is enough.

My goodness he is an improvement but come on GB that’s not difficult when you look at what he was replacing ...the worst leader in Labour history. But it does feel so much better having an opposition led by an individual who clearly has some skills and intelligence his biggest issue for me is he’s as dull as dish water and absolutely zero charisma. I wish him well though as it’s important we have an opposition that can hold the government to account and also offer an alternative to the vast majority of the the population at elections.
FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:25 - May 7 with 469 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 06:34 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

Own it.

Quite. The idea that Corbyn never laid a glove on Johnson during PMQs is also re-writing history.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:28 - May 7 with 468 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 07:38 - May 7 by lowhouseblue

Back to using the EHRC report that isn't out yet again I see?

Funny how you cite it when it suits and also say, "Let's just wait for the report" when it suits as well.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:28 - May 7 with 466 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:23 - May 7 by jimmyvet

My goodness he is an improvement but come on GB that’s not difficult when you look at what he was replacing ...the worst leader in Labour history. But it does feel so much better having an opposition led by an individual who clearly has some skills and intelligence his biggest issue for me is he’s as dull as dish water and absolutely zero charisma. I wish him well though as it’s important we have an opposition that can hold the government to account and also offer an alternative to the vast majority of the the population at elections.

The circus of normal PMQ’s suits Johnson, who is all about style and presentation over substance, whilst the current format of PMQ’s suits Starmer’s skills as a forensic debater.

When things return to normal and Johnson has 380 Tory MP’s behind him shouting down what Starmer says and heckling him whilst cheering Johnson then it will be completely different.

Iron Lion Zion

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:30 - May 7 with 465 viewsDarth_Koont

So useless we've seen an unprecedented level of effort to smear and discredit Corbyn from right-wing politicians, press and fanboys like yourself. As well as centre politicians like Tom Watson, media and fan boys like Lowers.

Not to mention dirty tricks within Labour HQ and a rabid campaign from a bunch of right-wing Israel apologists who want to suppress criticism that all came together in a ridiculous witchhunt.

And it's uncanny but everyone you've presented in your own obsessive campaign has been revealed to be exaggerating, disingenuous or otherwise an untrustworthy source. That's why they suit you so well. But I knew that all along because those accusations only had a passing smeary connection with factual and objective evidence.

So stop talking about how useless Corbyn was. In footballing terms you lot put out your strongest team at home, paid off the referee and cheated and dived the whole way through. And stole a win in the replay.

You've now got what you wanted. Own it.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:32 - May 7 with 459 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:25 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

Quite. The idea that Corbyn never laid a glove on Johnson during PMQs is also re-writing history.

I can count on one hand the number if times Corbyn had a good PMQ’s.

On the odd occasion he did have May or Johnson on the ropes with a cutting question he would then follow it up with a question on something like Cuban libraries.

He didn’t have the skill to deliver the killer blow.

Starmer does.

Iron Lion Zion

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:32 - May 7 with 461 viewsBrixtonBlue

Isn't it sad how people value a certain look over anything else in politics?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:34 - May 7 with 456 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:28 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

The circus of normal PMQ’s suits Johnson, who is all about style and presentation over substance, whilst the current format of PMQ’s suits Starmer’s skills as a forensic debater.

When things return to normal and Johnson has 380 Tory MP’s behind him shouting down what Starmer says and heckling him whilst cheering Johnson then it will be completely different.

Great, can't wait for that.

And people wonder why most are turned off by politics.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:37 - May 7 with 454 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:32 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

I can count on one hand the number if times Corbyn had a good PMQ’s.

On the odd occasion he did have May or Johnson on the ropes with a cutting question he would then follow it up with a question on something like Cuban libraries.

He didn’t have the skill to deliver the killer blow.

Starmer does.

I was talking about posters above who said he never laid a glove on Johnson, so thanks for agreeing that he did.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:38 - May 7 with 450 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:32 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

Isn't it sad how people value a certain look over anything else in politics?

That look being competence rather incompetence.

I think people we just pleased to see an opposition leader who is actually up to the job and could picture him leading the country when it comes to voting in a general election.

Iron Lion Zion

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:40 - May 7 with 447 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:37 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

I was talking about posters above who said he never laid a glove on Johnson, so thanks for agreeing that he did.

It’s a bit like putting up the goal against Arsenal to defend the argument that Tamás Priskin was a clinical finisher.

Iron Lion Zion

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:44 - May 7 with 442 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:34 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

Great, can't wait for that.

And people wonder why most are turned off by politics.

As I said, this current format exposes Johnson as being all bluster and Starmer being the master of forensic detail.

And in this current climate it’s exactly what is needed.

But when things are back to normal people won’t be turned on by this. More people turned up to watch Town lose 5-4 under Paul Jewell than watch Mick grind out a 0-0 draw or 1-0 win.

People liked to be whipped up. Don’t blame me for human nature.

Iron Lion Zion

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:45 - May 7 with 443 viewsDarth_Koont

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:19 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

People like you blaming the labour moderates for losing two general elections is like Pandora blaming the lid.

Moderates? Good one.

Don't worry. I also blame the genuinely useless press, the Brexit fiasco (including Corbyn's own ambivalent attitude to the EU), you and the other serial accusers who've strained every sinew and abandoned all standards of honesty and objectivity to portray the left as the Bogeyman.

It's been a sh!tshow. I don't agree with Corbyn and some of the hard-left on different issues that could also have worsened Labour's chance. But to be perfectly frank these are small potatoes compared to the wave of nonsense they needed defending against.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:47 - May 7 with 441 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:38 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

That look being competence rather incompetence.

I think people we just pleased to see an opposition leader who is actually up to the job and could picture him leading the country when it comes to voting in a general election.

You don't need to carry on the old nonsense, you won.

But Corbyn was not incompetent, far from it. He may have been unpopular, largely due to the smear campaign you revelled in, but whenever I saw him on the various televised debates, he came across as very competent.

It's silly and childish to call him incompetent. Particularly when you've voted for the Tory Party for so many years.

No, the look I was talking about is middle-aged, middle-class, and with a strong jawline.

As I said, looks, sadly, seem to be vastly important in politics.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:48 - May 7 with 438 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:40 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

It’s a bit like putting up the goal against Arsenal to defend the argument that Tamás Priskin was a clinical finisher.

No, it's nothing like that at all.

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:49 - May 7 with 436 viewsBrixtonBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:44 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

As I said, this current format exposes Johnson as being all bluster and Starmer being the master of forensic detail.

And in this current climate it’s exactly what is needed.

But when things are back to normal people won’t be turned on by this. More people turned up to watch Town lose 5-4 under Paul Jewell than watch Mick grind out a 0-0 draw or 1-0 win.

People liked to be whipped up. Don’t blame me for human nature.

Where did I blame you?

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:52 - May 7 with 428 viewsGlasgowBlue

FT : Boris Johnson 0-3 Sir Keir Starmer on 08:49 - May 7 by BrixtonBlue

Where did I blame you?

You didn’t. I’m just asking you not to.

There, that saved us both ten pages and hours of needless “you said, I said”.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024