Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid deaths 10:56 - May 11 with 3560 viewsParky

First of all, I want to start off by stating that I’m not one for conspiracy theories etc.

I have been reading a lot of reports on social media, some coming from close-to-home real people I know; stating that causes of deaths are being put down as Covid when they haven’t been tested, or shown any signs of this.

Trying to get my head around, in what possible way would this benefit anybody? - I’ve seen online somebody tragically died from a heart attack, but this was reported as a Covid death.

Anyone more clued up on this subject able to completely deny this, or explain any rationale behind it?
Covid deaths on 15:30 - May 11 with 1131 viewsBluesquid

Well Patrick Vallance the Government Chief Scientific Adviser has actually stated publicly that "many" on the ONS count have not been tested but they have Covid on their death certificate.
Covid deaths on 15:44 - May 11 with 1123 viewsBluesquid

I am not saying that i agree with him but Musk mentions financial incentives in the US to count patients as Covid patients and also the need for "clarity of information" and to "parse out the data".

Covid deaths on 17:00 - May 11 with 1089 viewsBloomBlue

Covid deaths on 12:54 - May 11 by BlueBadger

All positive covid tests will be featured on the death certificate as a part II if for example, the cause of death was a massive heart attack.

In layman's terms, this means 'may be a contributing factor, maybe not' - in the context of heart attack it's potentially a factor given the effects it can have on blood clotting.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 13:17]

BlueBadger you'll probably know the answer to this but a Doctor on LBC this morning said nobody has died from COVID-19 in terms of what appears on the death certificate, but it only appears as contributing factor, as pneumonia is normally the cause of death - does that sound correct?
Covid deaths on 17:11 - May 11 with 1080 viewsGeoffSentence

Covid deaths on 15:44 - May 11 by Bluesquid

I am not saying that i agree with him but Musk mentions financial incentives in the US to count patients as Covid patients and also the need for "clarity of information" and to "parse out the data".

I dunno about the states, but as far as I know here the death certificate will list cause of death, underlying cause of death and any contributory causes. If covid-19 appears as any of those it gets counted as a covid death, and that seems to be exactly what technology but not health expert, Elon Musk was asking for.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Covid deaths on 18:48 - May 11 with 1054 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There are some genuine questions over the validity of figures because of the variability in testing and delays or even lack of trust in reporting.

This means that (despite the fact the Government continues to publicly compare their data and then say it shouldn't be compared), a better measure is excess deaths over the average for the time of year. Of course, there is a certain amount of variability even there and such comparisons should not be made on too small a scale. However, I believe that data paints the UK in a similar light to the data currently used.

I am quite sure if it painted us in a better light, the Government would have switched to using it some time ago.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Covid deaths on 18:54 - May 11 with 1051 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Covid deaths on 15:44 - May 11 by Bluesquid

"I am not saying I agree with him but" … maybe best not to share it if you disagree unless it is to point out why you disagree.

It does sound rather like someone who might want to get people back to work trying to downplay it.

Covid deaths on 19:08 - May 11 with 1046 viewsm14_blue

Covid deaths on 18:54 - May 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

"I am not saying I agree with him but" … maybe best not to share it if you disagree unless it is to point out why you disagree.

It does sound rather like someone who might want to get people back to work trying to downplay it.

People spreading conspiracy theories on here always like to caveat with, ‘I’m not saying I agree but...’, they never say what they actually mean, just mysteriously hint at stuff that only they can understand.
Covid deaths on 19:26 - May 11 with 1039 viewsBluesquid

Wow, Musk and Rogan with what they stated in that discussion wouldn't stand a chance on this forum would they?
Login to get fewer ads

Covid deaths on 19:27 - May 11 with 1035 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid deaths on 19:26 - May 11 by Bluesquid

Wow, Musk and Rogan with what they stated in that discussion wouldn't stand a chance on this forum would they?

Anyone listening to Rogan on anything needs their head examined to be fair.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Covid deaths on 19:29 - May 11 with 1032 viewsBluesquid

Covid deaths on 19:27 - May 11 by SpruceMoose

Anyone listening to Rogan on anything needs their head examined to be fair.

And Musk?
Covid deaths (n/t) on 19:51 - May 11 with 1024 viewsflimflam

Covid deaths on 19:08 - May 11 by m14_blue

People spreading conspiracy theories on here always like to caveat with, ‘I’m not saying I agree but...’, they never say what they actually mean, just mysteriously hint at stuff that only they can understand.

[Post edited 11 May 2020 19:59]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Covid deaths on 19:59 - May 11 with 1012 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid deaths on 19:29 - May 11 by Bluesquid

And Musk?

Not sure what glandular secretions have to do with it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Covid deaths on 20:02 - May 11 with 1010 viewsBluesquid

Covid deaths on 19:59 - May 11 by SpruceMoose

Not sure what glandular secretions have to do with it.

Covid deaths on 20:05 - May 11 with 1007 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid deaths on 20:02 - May 11 by Bluesquid

Ah my first modeling gig!

Covid deaths on 20:12 - May 11 with 1008 viewsTrequartista

I think it's true that over 20% of the coronavirus deaths figure is of people who haven't tested positive for it, it is assumed they had it by professional opinion. I think this was in mostly care homes where testing wasn't available until recently. I don't see any reason why anyone would want to inflate this figure unneceassarily by including deaths of people with no covid-like symptoms.

This methodology is not used in many other countries, which partly explains why comparing countries and saying we are the worst in Europe is wrong, although it's certainly fair to say we have a high death rate.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Covid deaths on 20:30 - May 11 with 994 viewsBluesquid

Covid deaths on 20:12 - May 11 by Trequartista

I think it's true that over 20% of the coronavirus deaths figure is of people who haven't tested positive for it, it is assumed they had it by professional opinion. I think this was in mostly care homes where testing wasn't available until recently. I don't see any reason why anyone would want to inflate this figure unneceassarily by including deaths of people with no covid-like symptoms.

This methodology is not used in many other countries, which partly explains why comparing countries and saying we are the worst in Europe is wrong, although it's certainly fair to say we have a high death rate.

Yes it may vary from country to country but the WHO guidelines include assumption when recording the cause of death and i assume that many countries are following these guidelines.
Covid deaths on 20:52 - May 11 with 984 viewsDarth_Koont

Covid deaths on 20:12 - May 11 by Trequartista

We're also underreporting our excess deaths though. It's not as if we're being scrupulous with the total number of deaths compared to other countries.

For example, I was reading that Belgium's is so high not just because they were reporting care home deaths from the start but also because they are reporting almost all deaths as C19 unless there's a clear other cause.

Pronouns: He/Him

Covid deaths on 21:50 - May 11 with 961 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Covid deaths on 19:26 - May 11 by Bluesquid

Do you have a point you are trying to make aside from a fairly unsubtle you agree with them?

Covid deaths on 21:53 - May 11 with 959 viewsBluesquid

Covid deaths on 21:50 - May 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you have a point you are trying to make aside from a fairly unsubtle you agree with them?

That they would very possibly have a hard time here due to their views.
Covid deaths on 10:01 - May 12 with 914 viewsBlueBadger

Covid deaths on 17:00 - May 11 by BloomBlue

BlueBadger you'll probably know the answer to this but a Doctor on LBC this morning said nobody has died from COVID-19 in terms of what appears on the death certificate, but it only appears as contributing factor, as pneumonia is normally the cause of death - does that sound correct?

Cause of death is, strictly speaking 'which vital organ has failed to the point of causing death?' This is what goes on part I of a death certificate.

Part II is 'contributory factors', which will usually be the acute cause of the organ(s) in question failing as well as relevant underlying conditions.

So, your typical covid might read like this, for example:

Part I: Respiratory failure

Part II: Covid-19, asthma, type 2 diabetes
[Post edited 12 May 2020 17:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Covid deaths on 10:08 - May 12 with 905 viewsGeoffSentence

And surprise, surprise, today he has announced that he is opening a factory disregarding local restrictions on working.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/may/11/tesla-factory-reopening-elon-

The bloke is a bit of a c0ck

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Covid deaths on 10:10 - May 12 with 901 viewsDanTheMan

Covid deaths on 10:08 - May 12 by GeoffSentence

And surprise, surprise, today he has announced that he is opening a factory disregarding local restrictions on working.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/may/11/tesla-factory-reopening-elon-

The bloke is a bit of a c0ck

A bit? Monumental cock.

He's spent the whole of this pandemic whining about how it's not real and spreading false information about it, all so he can get his factory running.

Oh and Joe Rogan is a tool for constantly having people on his show and never challenging any of their assertions.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 10:15]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Covid deaths on 11:24 - May 12 with 884 viewsBloomBlue

Covid deaths on 10:01 - May 12 by BlueBadger

Cause of death is, strictly speaking 'which vital organ has failed to the point of causing death?' This is what goes on part I of a death certificate.

Part II is 'contributory factors', which will usually be the acute cause of the organ(s) in question failing as well as relevant underlying conditions.

So, your typical covid might read like this, for example:

Part I: Respiratory failure

Part II: Covid-19, asthma, type 2 diabetes
[Post edited 12 May 2020 17:28]

Thanks
Covid deaths on 11:37 - Jul 17 with 723 viewsParky

Covid deaths on 10:58 - May 11 by BlueBadger

In layman's terms, what you've 'heard' is utter bullish*t.

I see this is being raised again.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 11:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024