Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The potential now is that 17:22 - May 25 with 3102 viewsBlueNomad

the press will lose more credibility. Cummings has made a statement and, unless there is more evidence to be produced, his version cannot be disproved. He has presented himself in a reasonable manner and talked about what are normally deemed confidential issues about his wife and child. This will elicit sympathy and support. I have no reason to like anything about Cummings because I find some of his philosophical beliefs to be the total opposite of mine but I think pursuing this issue now will be counter-productive. What I fear most is that people will place even less trust in the press.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 17:23]
The potential now is that on 18:18 - May 25 with 1019 viewsBlueNomad

The potential now is that on 18:14 - May 25 by StokieBlue

So what you are saying that it's fine to break the rules as long as you either don't get caught or you only do it once.

I'd say it's fairly easy to make a case that the journey to celebrate his wife's birthday was clearly a second breach of the rules anyway.

Boris does have to sack him, you should reflect on why he hasn't.

SB

I agree - none of this reflects well on BJ who is the main target
The potential now is that on 18:19 - May 25 with 1015 viewsfooters

The potential now is that on 17:47 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

The potential now is that by Swansea_Blue 25 May 2020 17:31
“It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.”

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf (apparently)
[Post edited 25 May 2020 17:47]

Mein Kampf is one of the most awfully written books you could hope to read.

It doesn't really rank among the worst things Hitler did, but it's definitely up there for me.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The potential now is that on 18:20 - May 25 with 1012 viewsgiant_stow

Why is everyone discounting the main trip up with the family? Dont get it...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The potential now is that on 18:29 - May 25 with 975 viewsSwansea_Blue

The potential now is that on 18:19 - May 25 by footers

Mein Kampf is one of the most awfully written books you could hope to read.

It doesn't really rank among the worst things Hitler did, but it's definitely up there for me.

Broadly speaking he came out of WW2 quite well...
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:30]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The potential now is that on 18:38 - May 25 with 956 viewsBlueNomad

The potential now is that on 17:29 - May 25 by BlueBadger

This is possibly the most elaborately stupid defence of this shambles you've managed so far.

Nowhere have I sought to defend this shambles. My OP was suggesting he will get away with it, some (not me) will have sympathy because of his family and they will have less trust in the press if they don’t land the fatal blow. Obviously my OP gave many of you the wrong impression
The potential now is that on 18:42 - May 25 with 943 viewsmonytowbray

The potential now is that on 17:43 - May 25 by BlueNomad

The point I make is that he has to be bang to rights. This has turned out not to be the time; I thought it would be.

I think what you’ve failed to understand is he’s not “bang to rights” as his story has more holes than the logic of how Toto Nsiala became a professional footballer.

This isn’t a quick 3 day news cycle that’s over and done with. In fact he’s signed his own death warrant because the moment even one small detail of his THIRD version of the story is found out to be false this all kicks up again, potentially even worse because it’s yet another lie being rumbled.

The real question is, when he is next rumbled, will you believe it? Or are you so caught up in the bullsh1t these people push you feel rolling with the punches is the only way to safe face personally?

Let me tell you know, you’ll get more admiration on this forum (and probably in life) saying “I called this one wrong” rather than doubling down.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The potential now is that on 18:51 - May 25 with 927 viewsfactual_blue

The potential now is that on 18:20 - May 25 by giant_stow

Why is everyone discounting the main trip up with the family? Dont get it...

Family trips are a bit thing for you lot, aren't they?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The potential now is that on 18:57 - May 25 with 917 viewsBlueNomad

The potential now is that on 18:42 - May 25 by monytowbray

I think what you’ve failed to understand is he’s not “bang to rights” as his story has more holes than the logic of how Toto Nsiala became a professional footballer.

This isn’t a quick 3 day news cycle that’s over and done with. In fact he’s signed his own death warrant because the moment even one small detail of his THIRD version of the story is found out to be false this all kicks up again, potentially even worse because it’s yet another lie being rumbled.

The real question is, when he is next rumbled, will you believe it? Or are you so caught up in the bullsh1t these people push you feel rolling with the punches is the only way to safe face personally?

Let me tell you know, you’ll get more admiration on this forum (and probably in life) saying “I called this one wrong” rather than doubling down.

I have not said I believe Cummings! I talked about how I think he might have done enough to save himself because some people will have seen him in a more sympathetic light. I will be delighted if he is subsequently proved to have lied. You, and others, decided I was wrong.

I thank you for your advice on what might help me through life but as I am 65 you might be a bit late!
Login to get fewer ads

The potential now is that on 19:35 - May 25 with 885 viewsmonytowbray

The potential now is that on 18:57 - May 25 by BlueNomad

I have not said I believe Cummings! I talked about how I think he might have done enough to save himself because some people will have seen him in a more sympathetic light. I will be delighted if he is subsequently proved to have lied. You, and others, decided I was wrong.

I thank you for your advice on what might help me through life but as I am 65 you might be a bit late!

Yeah, apologies on my behalf. I did jump the gun a bit re-reading the OP.

Just incredibly frustrated with this whole thing and the line between believing the lies, hot takes and rational gets ever blurred.

My trust levels in humanity are at an all time low :(

TWTD never forgets…

The potential now is that on 19:48 - May 25 with 874 viewsBlueNomad

The potential now is that on 19:35 - May 25 by monytowbray

Yeah, apologies on my behalf. I did jump the gun a bit re-reading the OP.

Just incredibly frustrated with this whole thing and the line between believing the lies, hot takes and rational gets ever blurred.

My trust levels in humanity are at an all time low :(

Ok, we can be friends again
The potential now is that on 13:51 - Aug 22 with 613 viewsTieDyedIn95

I don't care about Cummings.

I do care about a absent PM, and incompetent and clearly mentally unstable Home Secretary, a Health Secretary and Education Minister failing to do their jobs at even a basic level and a Conservative Government thats allowed the national debt to hit 2trillion in just a decade of office despite their fiscally responsible pretensions. They are a joke.

If this was a hard left Labour Government the press and middle class would be ripping it to shreds. They are without a shadow of doubt the WORSE government we have had in this country in the last 50 years.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

The potential now is that on 15:44 - Aug 22 with 578 viewsBlueNomad

The potential now is that on 13:51 - Aug 22 by TieDyedIn95

I do care about a absent PM, and incompetent and clearly mentally unstable Home Secretary, a Health Secretary and Education Minister failing to do their jobs at even a basic level and a Conservative Government thats allowed the national debt to hit 2trillion in just a decade of office despite their fiscally responsible pretensions. They are a joke.

If this was a hard left Labour Government the press and middle class would be ripping it to shreds. They are without a shadow of doubt the WORSE government we have had in this country in the last 50 years.

Longer than that I would say.
The potential now is that on 20:24 - Aug 22 with 515 viewsmonytowbray

The potential now is that on 13:51 - Aug 22 by TieDyedIn95

Cummings is the top of the pyramid of problems you mention. Remove Cummings and save what’s left of our flawed democracy.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024