Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even 20:46 - May 25 with 1917 viewsgiant_stow

Minded tories feel everythings ok after all please?

I don't understand why the likes of dan hodges think thats all ok?

Think i must be missing something....

Edit: apologies for the semi-literate question but jope you get my drift.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 20:50]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:53 - May 25 with 1396 viewsSpruceMoose

Even...minded...conservatives? Eh?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:56 - May 25 with 1373 viewsBlueBadger

Because they've ultimately bought into the whole morally bankrupt creed that the modern Tory party espouses.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:57 - May 25 with 1356 viewsgiant_stow

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:53 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

Even...minded...conservatives? Eh?

Im just not nailing this!

Another try: why does Cummings' argument work? Why is it acceptable to some people?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:58 - May 25 with 1348 viewsSpruceMoose

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:57 - May 25 by giant_stow

Another try: why does Cummings' argument work? Why is it acceptable to some people?

Because politics is so tribal now that lying is fine if it's your side doing it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:59 - May 25 with 1339 viewsgiant_stow

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:56 - May 25 by BlueBadger

Because they've ultimately bought into the whole morally bankrupt creed that the modern Tory party espouses.

Thanks mr, but i guess i mean on a technical level? How didnt he break the guidelines?

It all seems so flimsy, so i must be missing something....

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:01 - May 25 with 1327 viewsBlueBadger

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:59 - May 25 by giant_stow

Thanks mr, but i guess i mean on a technical level? How didnt he break the guidelines?

Basically, what Sprucey said 'it's alright if it's my team doing it'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:02 - May 25 with 1322 viewsgiant_stow

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:58 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

Because politics is so tribal now that lying is fine if it's your side doing it.

It cant just be that surely...

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:03 - May 25 with 1316 viewsSpruceMoose

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:01 - May 25 by BlueBadger

Of course, if Starmer had done this it would result in a complete meltdown by the exact same people who are currently fine with Cummings' actions.

Login to get fewer ads

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:04 - May 25 with 1302 viewsBlueBadger

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:03 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

Of course, if Starmer had done this it would result in a complete meltdown by the exact same people who are currently fine with Cummings' actions.

Actually saw someone today saying 'you weren't getting angry about this when Jeremy Corbyn's brother was getting arrested for breaking the rules'.
To which the answer is of course, 'no, because he actually suffered the consequences of his actions'.

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:04 - May 25 with 1300 viewsSpruceMoose

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:02 - May 25 by giant_stow

I think it is. The UK might be a few years behind the US but you're heading tk the same destination.

People don't recognise it, it seems weird and impossible, but it's happening. It's already happened

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:04 - May 25 with 1296 viewsWD19

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:57 - May 25 by giant_stow

It’s the old Darren Huckerby question. Just how!?
Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:05 - May 25 with 1308 viewsTrequartista

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 20:59 - May 25 by giant_stow

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-a

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:05 - May 25 with 1288 viewsgiant_stow

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:01 - May 25 by BlueBadger

Tbh, i just refuse thats enough for a decent tory (that i mean someone whose heart is in the right place and wants the best for all memebers of society, even if they're misguided on how to achieve that....

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:05 - May 25 with 1285 viewsSpruceMoose

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:04 - May 25 by BlueBadger

Actually saw someone today saying 'you weren't getting angry about this when Jeremy Corbyn's brother was getting arrested for breaking the rules'.
To which the answer is of course, 'no, because he actually suffered the consequences of his actions'.

Labour Conservative Celtics Rangers. Is there a difference anymore? Everything is justifiable if it's your team doing it.

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:07 - May 25 with 1279 viewsSpruceMoose

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:05 - May 25 by giant_stow

Tbh, i just refuse thats enough for a decent tory (that i mean someone whose heart is in the right place and wants the best for all memebers of society, even if they're misguided on how to achieve that....

Wanting the best for all members of society is the complete antithesis of being a Conservative though?

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:07 - May 25 with 1276 viewsBlueNomad

I will be careful how I word this because earlier I started a thread for which I got slaughtered - until one person re-read my OP. Cummings will have gained sympathy for talking about his child’s sickness and he has not been dealt the killer blow by the press which would come if they produced evidence he made more than one trip. Those who have “the faith” will continue to do so.

Like many I will still be told at work that this miserable crew are “doing a good job.” Support for them is a cult.
Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:08 - May 25 with 1271 viewsgiant_stow

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:04 - May 25 by WD19

It’s the old Darren Huckerby question. Just how!?

Stop being mean ti lovely Darren, brute!

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:08 - May 25 with 1262 viewsgiant_stow

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:05 - May 25 by Trequartista

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-a

Ta.

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:10 - May 25 with 1254 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Because if you take his story at absolute face value, the rules were woolly enough in allowing for them to be breached in exceptional circumstances relating to children

However, it requires a pretty large suspension of belief to accept he had no other choice to take the course of action he did, or indeed that the rationale given for all parts of the trip are believable. And that’s before you get into the ridiculousness of going for a drive to check your eyesight

The journalist that stated that even if he hadn’t breached the rules on a technicality, he had driven a horse and cart through the spirit of them was absolutely spot on

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:11 - May 25 with 1243 viewsChutney

I think they've bored people into submission.
Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:13 - May 25 with 1228 viewsgiant_stow

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:07 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

Wanting the best for all members of society is the complete antithesis of being a Conservative though?

I thinking of the ones who reckon the market pulls everyone up. Imo of course, some of those ones mean well, but are just wrong about the methodology.

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:13 - May 25 with 1225 viewsSwansea_Blue

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:02 - May 25 by giant_stow

it is, sadly. We know he broke the law, he knows he broke the law. But his supporters don't need to be told that. Spin them any old shoite and they'll go along with it.

A post truth utopia for those in power.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:17 - May 25 with 1199 viewsSpruceMoose

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:13 - May 25 by giant_stow

I thinking of the ones who reckon the market pulls everyone up. Imo of course, some of those ones mean well, but are just wrong about the methodology.

Ah the ones who ignore history and evidence. Got you.

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:19 - May 25 with 1179 viewsgiant_stow

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:05 - May 25 by Trequartista

Read that now. I spose it is a legally important proviso but it doesnt change the one rule for us, one for them perception, when so many parents will have toughed it out.

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:22 - May 25 with 1168 viewsgiant_stow

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even on 21:07 - May 25 by BlueNomad

I will be careful how I word this because earlier I started a thread for which I got slaughtered - until one person re-read my OP. Cummings will have gained sympathy for talking about his child’s sickness and he has not been dealt the killer blow by the press which would come if they produced evidence he made more than one trip. Those who have “the faith” will continue to do so.

Like many I will still be told at work that this miserable crew are “doing a good job.” Support for them is a cult.

I'm genuinely sad to read that last bit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024