Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... 06:56 - May 31 with 13495 viewsmonytowbray

...watching the scenes in the USA.

Gonna say it now, anyone who wants to sit there saying “BuT tHey’Re BeInG vIoLeNt” needs to pull their head out their ass. This has gone on for decades. Every time the correct avenues are used nothing changes. If violence isn’t the way forward, then stop exhausting people to it as a last resort.

With that I leave you with the two things that brought me to tears (the second one comes with a distress warning).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0nIY5g9mg/

And on that note, this tweet from the DC mayor says everything you need to know about America right now.

[Post edited 31 May 2020 7:01]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:04 - May 31 with 1075 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 11:08 - May 31 by monytowbray

Anarchy is the believe society can govern itself without government or state. It’s pie-in-the-sky but at a core believe exactly that.

This thread is a “But Corbyn” with an American spin.

Here’s a thought; if violence isn’t the answer, then stop allowing it to become a final resort.

"But Soros..."

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:05 - May 31 with 1075 viewseastangliaisblue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 12:39 - May 31 by LankHenners

You can defend the reasoning behind looting and still acknowledge that smaller local businesses are the wrong target.

All businesses are the wrong target. Bigger businesses will be employing many people on the wrong end of the pay spectrum. Those same many people where a large percentage probably live pay check to pay check.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:07 - May 31 with 1066 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:02 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

My right wing prejudice places me in support of the victims of racism rather than the white privileged bandwagon jumpers who are bringing nothing but grief to the black community.

Confirmation bias I'm afraid. It suits you to believe Antifa are a middle class white 'organisation'' so you search out the videos that prove to yourself that you're right.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:08 - May 31 with 1060 viewseastangliaisblue

My right wing prejudice places me in support of the victims of racism rather than the white privileged bandwagon jumpers who are bringing nothing but grief to the black community.

Just like the many white people on here defending looting and rioting as a reasoned response.
I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:12 - May 31 with 1045 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:08 - May 31 by eastangliaisblue

Just like the many white people on here defending looting and rioting as a reasoned response.

White privilege allows them to defend the burning of black owned businesses and black communities because it will never affect them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:12 - May 31 with 1041 viewsDarth_Koont

Nawaz is another apologist for the Establishment. At best, a useful idiot.

We know white people are getting involved. And there are whites and blacks who are overstepping the mark whether it's society's mark which I couldn't really care less about, or a moral mark that most people shouldn't cross re: damaging small businesses or looting.

But overall whites getting involved is a good and just thing.

Pronouns: He/Him

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:14 - May 31 with 1027 viewspointofblue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:12 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

Nawaz is another apologist for the Establishment. At best, a useful idiot.

We know white people are getting involved. And there are whites and blacks who are overstepping the mark whether it's society's mark which I couldn't really care less about, or a moral mark that most people shouldn't cross re: damaging small businesses or looting.

But overall whites getting involved is a good and just thing.

The more people who get involved the better as long as it’s for the right reasons. If they’re getting involved for nothing but personal gain then they’d be better off staying at home.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:15 - May 31 with 1025 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:12 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

White privilege allows them to defend the burning of black owned businesses and black communities because it will never affect them.

It's funny how those on the right seem to pick and choose when white privilege is a real thing. It's almost as if it's just shameless naked political point scoring.

Anyway, it's Sunday. Better things to do.

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:17 - May 31 with 1014 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:15 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

It's funny how those on the right seem to pick and choose when white privilege is a real thing. It's almost as if it's just shameless naked political point scoring.

Anyway, it's Sunday. Better things to do.

Find a post where I have ever said white privilege doesn’t exists. You must have a few stored on file.

Iron Lion Zion

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:20 - May 31 with 1002 viewsLankHenners

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:05 - May 31 by eastangliaisblue

All businesses are the wrong target. Bigger businesses will be employing many people on the wrong end of the pay spectrum. Those same many people where a large percentage probably live pay check to pay check.

A Capitalist society which has overseen an incredibly lopsided distribution of resources and the suppression of poor and minority voices, where one of the main arbiters of control has a history of violence against black people, and has just killed another black person, is going to receive some response when that pressure is forced out.

Yes, big businesses employ people on low wages but you can't put a generalisation like that on all of them, and you certainly can't cast moral judgement on looters for costing Target workers their jobs.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:20 - May 31 with 1005 viewsJ2BLUE

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 12:48 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

Classic J2.

"It's never right to punch a nazi"

Also J2:

"Hope Antifa get smashed up by the police".
[Post edited 31 May 2020 12:54]

To be fair that gif of someone being punched is just someone walking down the street? Correct me if i'm wrong. If they were on the streets trying to stir things up and squaring up to riot police i'd be delighted if Nazis got a bloody good hiding.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:20 - May 31 with 997 viewsGuthrum

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 11:08 - May 31 by monytowbray

Anarchy is the believe society can govern itself without government or state. It’s pie-in-the-sky but at a core believe exactly that.

This thread is a “But Corbyn” with an American spin.

Here’s a thought; if violence isn’t the answer, then stop allowing it to become a final resort.

If it's a belief, then it's closer to anarchism than anarchy. There have been some fairly successful, if short-lived, experiments, such as parts of Spain in the mid-1930s, before Franco's reactionary forces (backed by Mussolini and Hitler) crushed them (also no thanks to Stalin, who ordered communist forces to destroy them as well).

Agree entirely with your final sentence. But until some of the cultural/psychological issues are addressed and dealt with, the final resort too often remains the only one for a semi-disenfranchised and powerless society.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:22 - May 31 with 991 viewsLankHenners

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:12 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

You should probably point out where people have explicitly said that otherwise, even for you, that's a pretty egregious comment.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:25 - May 31 with 972 viewsDarth_Koont

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:14 - May 31 by pointofblue

The more people who get involved the better as long as it’s for the right reasons. If they’re getting involved for nothing but personal gain then they’d be better off staying at home.

There's a lot of justifiable anger. How some people act on it/possibly even abuse the opportunity shouldn't detract from the headline news.

When people start blaming blacks for looting and the left for getting involved in criminal damage, they're trying to blame blacks and the left and deny that anger.

We already know that civil unrest overspills into criminal activity from all the other times it's happened before and the majority of times the underlying unrest has been ignored. We know that the Watts and Rodney King riots, Katrina aftermath etc. aren't about black lawlessness. That would be entirely missing the real news and the real point.

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:25 - May 31 with 971 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:17 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

Find a post where I have ever said white privilege doesn’t exists. You must have a few stored on file.

Sometimes it’s what you don’t say that’s the issue.

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:29 - May 31 with 939 viewsDarth_Koont

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:08 - May 31 by eastangliaisblue

Wait a minute. Who is defending looting and rioting as a REASONED response?

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:30 - May 31 with 924 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:29 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

Wait a minute. Who is defending looting and rioting as a REASONED response?

Nobody. Like Callis said earlier, it's a reskinned 'But Corbyn' argument.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 13:33]

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:45 - May 31 with 854 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:25 - May 31 by monytowbray

So agreeing with people like Killer Mike, who is urging people not to burn down their communities, and supporting the number of of POC protesters who are pleading with the white bandwagon jumpers to stop smashing up their communities and making things worse for POC, is making me as bad as the racists.

You lost all Sense of reason some time ago.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 13:46]

Iron Lion Zion

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:51 - May 31 with 833 viewsDarth_Koont

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:45 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

So agreeing with people like Killer Mike, who is urging people not to burn down their communities, and supporting the number of of POC protesters who are pleading with the white bandwagon jumpers to stop smashing up their communities and making things worse for POC, is making me as bad as the racists.

We can all agree with Killer Mike. But we should also agree with Trevor Noah too and it seems you're working waaaay too hard to deny that point of view. With a side order of anti-leftism thrown in.

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:51 - May 31 with 833 viewsgiant_stow

Personally, I know nothing about this other than what I'm reading, but just one thought: isn't it possible that you're all a little bit right / little wrong?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:52 - May 31 with 829 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:25 - May 31 by monytowbray

“ That speech from Killer Mike was dignified, impassioned and heartbreaking all at the same time. ”

“ What the black community don’t need are AntiFa thugs stoking the fires and bringing even more trouble in the black community.”

“ Everyone involved in the murder of George Floyd needs to be persecuted and sentenced appropriately. Justice has to be seen to work for all citizens regardless of their colour.”

“ The black community are angry and quite rightly want change but they don’t want to burn their own community down to the ground.”

“ Do you think that white privileged AntiFa thugs burning down black communities and black owned business, ignoring the pleas of peaceful black protesters and community leaders, is going to lead to any positive change? ”

BUT GB IS AS BAD AS THE RACISTS
[Post edited 31 May 2020 13:53]

Iron Lion Zion

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:52 - May 31 with 825 viewsmonytowbray

When did I say that?

You can’t even grasp how you are part of the problem.

Nice to see you doing your usual of running off crying to Phil the moment you get called out but it’s
okay for you to call me a d1ck and claim I’m “revelling in the dead”.

Self awareness course with a side of backbone building lessons wouldn’t go a miss.

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:54 - May 31 with 1046 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:51 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

We can all agree with Killer Mike. But we should also agree with Trevor Noah too and it seems you're working waaaay too hard to deny that point of view. With a side order of anti-leftism thrown in.

I seem to be in agreement with Trevor Noah.

Iron Lion Zion

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:55 - May 31 with 1042 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:52 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

“ That speech from Killer Mike was dignified, impassioned and heartbreaking all at the same time. ”

“ What the black community don’t need are AntiFa thugs stoking the fires and bringing even more trouble in the black community.”

“ Everyone involved in the murder of George Floyd needs to be persecuted and sentenced appropriately. Justice has to be seen to work for all citizens regardless of their colour.”

“ The black community are angry and quite rightly want change but they don’t want to burn their own community down to the ground.”

“ Do you think that white privileged AntiFa thugs burning down black communities and black owned business, ignoring the pleas of peaceful black protesters and community leaders, is going to lead to any positive change? ”

BUT GB IS AS BAD AS THE RACISTS
[Post edited 31 May 2020 13:53]

The fact you don’t even know what antiFA is is evident in your post. And that’s what makes you wrong.

You have been sucked into a simplified narrative of “good/bad guys on both sides” which serves as whateraboutery to deflect from the issue.

Open your f*cking eyes man.

TWTD never forgets…

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:57 - May 31 with 1030 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve cried twice this weekend already... on 13:54 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

I seem to be in agreement with Trevor Noah.

I’m sure he completely agrees with the white man in Scotland telling black oppressed people in America how they should be doing things from his middle class bubble.

The only person lacking self awareness here is you and you are digging one hell of a hole.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024