Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BLM international protests, genuine question 17:51 - Jun 6 with 3912 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ok maybe let’s narrow it down to the UK. Is this a show in solidarity with those protesting in the United States or is this challenging issues closer to home? Don’t shoot me down but I’m rather curious what has led people to the streets in such numbers during a global pandemic (if anyone knows or what coverage it has been getting). The government has been very under fire in the UK about its handling including the recent easing of restrictions.

In some respects there does seem to be a little vagueness surrounding the movement and objectives so please feel free to enlighten if you know.

If the answer is that the world has had enough of the evil United States and seeing its systemic racism on social media then I would happily debate some of those view points but I am not sure if that is actually the case or not. When you see what’s happening in Hong Kong etc its interesting that this is taking central stage, is it very much a youth movement?
BLM international protests, genuine question on 20:35 - Jun 6 with 665 viewsitfcjoe

BLM international protests, genuine question on 19:02 - Jun 6 by bluelagos

I think what you are missing (and apologies for being so blunt) is a sense of proportion. Tens of thousands of people peacefully protesting today and people focus on the misbehaviour of what, a few hundred?

Yep, some of them need an education about xyz. But those who focus on that miss the message from the thousands who behave perfectly sensibly.

Sounds like an England away trip in Western Europe. 1% are there to kick off and depending on how much has been drunk, how the police treat you etc, dictates whether it’s 1% up to 10% who actually cause the trouble

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

BLM international protests, genuine question on 21:40 - Jun 6 with 626 viewsPinewoodblue

BLM international protests, genuine question on 18:36 - Jun 6 by bluelagos

Above the law? Demonstrating isn't unlawful. If it were, the police would have been legally justified in preventing the demonstrations.

Are you saying that defacing a statue is not unlawful?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

BLM international protests, genuine question on 06:31 - Jun 7 with 536 viewsbluelagos

BLM international protests, genuine question on 21:40 - Jun 6 by Pinewoodblue

That's some leap you've made there, quite offensive and not a question I am going to dignify with a response.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

BLM international protests, genuine question on 08:02 - Jun 7 with 508 viewsElephantintheRoom

It;s bandwagon jumping with a touch of 'look at me' and getting out and about in a lock down.

Not much different than all those self-absorbed loons pitching up with flowers for Lady Di just to be seen to be joining in

If there was anything genuine in it there would have been a bit more action after Dalian Atkinson was tasered perhaps - particularly on here.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

BLM international protests, genuine question on 08:02 - Jun 7 with 506 viewswitchdoctor

BLM international protests, genuine question on 21:40 - Jun 6 by Pinewoodblue

if that isn’t I’m pretty sure that hurling bikes at police horses might be..
BLM international protests, genuine question on 08:33 - Jun 7 with 482 viewsmikeybloo88

BLM international protests, genuine question on 19:25 - Jun 6 by eireblue

Or maybe, they understand the dangers of COVID perfectly well.

And still feel it is necessary to protest.

That should give people pause for thought.

I've paused and I've thought and it makes me think that these protesters are a pretty selfish bunch who are risking the lives of thir family, their neighbours, NHS staff, transport staff, in fact anyone they might meet and be close to in public. Right cause, wrong time. Pretty ironic that they're demanding respect for a particular community and yet they're showing none to those communities amongst which they live. Protests have now been made, message sent, solidarity demonstrated, Instagram pics taken...let's see if they have the sense to stop before public support erodes rapidly.
BLM international protests, genuine question on 09:05 - Jun 7 with 460 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect having been cooped up and there being a shortage of things open has affected the turnout significantly. Just a guess. That’s not to say people don’t care.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024