Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stocks and Shares 23:42 - Jun 17 with 2633 viewsflimflam

Anyone here who has the odd dabble in the market should have a look at COPL.

Do your research obviously but a stock that is going places IMO.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 23:43]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Stocks and Shares on 23:49 - Jun 17 with 2592 viewsChutney

Could've posted this 2 weeks ago! :)
Stocks and Shares on 23:58 - Jun 17 with 2567 viewsflimflam

Stocks and Shares on 23:49 - Jun 17 by Chutney

Could've posted this 2 weeks ago! :)

Its only just started. I have a very good feeling on this one :-)

Stocks and Shares on 00:02 - Jun 18 with 2562 viewsNthsuffolkblue

From my limited knowledge of these things, once people are talking about it investing is too late because the increasing value has already been reflected by the serious investors.

With stocks and shares always remember value can go down as well as up and will happen due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control (unless you are involved in insider trading). The other thing to watch for is companies that tend to pay good dividends.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Stocks and Shares on 00:12 - Jun 18 with 2526 viewsflimflam

Stocks and Shares on 00:02 - Jun 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

From my limited knowledge of these things, once people are talking about it investing is too late because the increasing value has already been reflected by the serious investors.

With stocks and shares always remember value can go down as well as up and will happen due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control (unless you are involved in insider trading). The other thing to watch for is companies that tend to pay good dividends.

Yeah I get that and you are correct.

Like I said if you like to dabble have a look and do your research.

Current price is 0.002p. I'll post back in 6 months with an update :-)
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 0:14]

Stocks and Shares on 00:16 - Jun 18 with 2519 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Stocks and Shares on 00:12 - Jun 18 by flimflam

Yeah I get that and you are correct.

Like I said if you like to dabble have a look and do your research.

Current price is 0.002p. I'll post back in 6 months with an update :-)
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 0:14]

That's interesting. Sounds like serious investors think they are going bust. Time will tell.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Stocks and Shares on 07:06 - Jun 18 with 2359 viewsflimflam

Stocks and Shares on 00:16 - Jun 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's interesting. Sounds like serious investors think they are going bust. Time will tell.

OK then. No idea where you get your news but as far from the truth as you could get.

Stocks and Shares on 07:10 - Jun 18 with 2355 viewsWeWereZombies

Stocks and Shares on 00:02 - Jun 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Also, if you are investing through a tax efficient vehicle such as a Stocks and Shares ISA you should be looking at stocks that can be held for the medium to long term as an effective strategy, volatile penny stocks are unlikely to do the job. And if you have ethical investment strategies then Canadian oil and gas companies could cause you a headache...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Stocks and Shares on 07:51 - Jun 18 with 2302 viewsflimflam

Stocks and Shares on 07:10 - Jun 18 by WeWereZombies

Also, if you are investing through a tax efficient vehicle such as a Stocks and Shares ISA you should be looking at stocks that can be held for the medium to long term as an effective strategy, volatile penny stocks are unlikely to do the job. And if you have ethical investment strategies then Canadian oil and gas companies could cause you a headache...

I am using a stocks ISA and have savings tied up in various funds most making excess of 10% a yr. One hit 20% last yr. My pension is also in a SIPP and the same.

I use a small amount of savings to play around so to speak and thought I would pass on a potential easy win after doing lots of research on COPL but will keep it to myself next time.

Will post an update in 6 months when they have started drilling the new trench which all the funds and equipment in now in place to do so.

Login to get fewer ads

Stocks and Shares on 08:12 - Jun 18 with 2254 viewsStokieBlue

Stocks and Shares on 07:51 - Jun 18 by flimflam

I am using a stocks ISA and have savings tied up in various funds most making excess of 10% a yr. One hit 20% last yr. My pension is also in a SIPP and the same.

I use a small amount of savings to play around so to speak and thought I would pass on a potential easy win after doing lots of research on COPL but will keep it to myself next time.

Will post an update in 6 months when they have started drilling the new trench which all the funds and equipment in now in place to do so.

Good luck, as a punt it can't hurt at low level.

Small company oil shares are often volatile though, I remember Rockhopper were big at one point and look at them now:

https://prnt.sc/t1vixl

Enjoy your dabbling!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Stocks and Shares on 09:02 - Jun 18 with 2142 viewsMeadowlark

I expect to get battered for saying this on here, but should anyone be investing in or supporting companies that are doing lasting damage to the planet and not helping the climate crisis in any way at all?
Quite possibly it's easy money, but at what cost?
Stocks and Shares on 09:10 - Jun 18 with 2118 viewsTIB

Will check that out Flam. I'm currently in Greatland Gold (GGP), very exciting times at present.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Stocks and Shares on 09:11 - Jun 18 with 2110 viewsflimflam

Stocks and Shares on 08:12 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

Small company oil shares are often volatile though, I remember Rockhopper were big at one point and look at them now:

Enjoy your dabbling!

SB

If everything falls into place which it appears it is and will continue to do so this could hit 5p quite easily, possibly more. Maybe back to it previous highs of 10p but thats more a pipe dream. Then again it could fall apart. Thats investing.

Current price 0.0026 so if it hits 5p thats a 19 bagger from this point. I have been in this for a while so in at a lower price than that 0.0012.

He who dares Rodney.

30% up today already :-)

Stocks and Shares on 09:12 - Jun 18 with 2105 viewshampstead_blue

Stocks and Shares on 23:58 - Jun 17 by flimflam

Its only just started. I have a very good feeling on this one :-)

I am loving your excitement.

There are lots of research papers written on market timing (when to buy and sell) and my old fave 'Efficient Markets'.

A popular conclusion is that you can't beat 'the market' as there is all the available information embedded into the price as it stands. That's been set aside.

I too like to dabble and will have a look at your stock.
One sector I've been looking into is medicinal cannabis. Sadly the firms in this sector are not eligible for pension investment but you can use your ISA.
I feel there is a lot of good news to come from this set of treatments.

Good luck with your research. Don't get to carried away, banking a profit isn't a bad thing you know, neither is accepting you've got it wrong.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Stocks and Shares on 09:16 - Jun 18 with 2088 viewsBent_double

Stocks and Shares on 08:12 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

Enjoy your dabbling!

SB

Xcite Energy and Gulf Keystone, two companies I invested in a few years ago, and through a combination of my own stupidity, greed, oh, and company directors being - how can I put this: ever so slightly 'economical with the truth' regarding the state of company finances and deals that were about to happen, I lost a shedload of money.

In my experience anyone shouting about these types of penny shares is looking for a way out and hoping for a spike on the back of persuading others to buy-in, so no, I won't be 'investing'.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Stocks and Shares on 09:23 - Jun 18 with 2064 viewsflimflam

Stocks and Shares on 09:16 - Jun 18 by Bent_double

Xcite Energy and Gulf Keystone, two companies I invested in a few years ago, and through a combination of my own stupidity, greed, oh, and company directors being - how can I put this: ever so slightly 'economical with the truth' regarding the state of company finances and deals that were about to happen, I lost a shedload of money.

In my experience anyone shouting about these types of penny shares is looking for a way out and hoping for a spike on the back of persuading others to buy-in, so no, I won't be 'investing'.

Fair enough but not my intention at all.

Stocks and Shares on 09:26 - Jun 18 with 2051 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Stocks and Shares on 09:11 - Jun 18 by flimflam

If everything falls into place which it appears it is and will continue to do so this could hit 5p quite easily, possibly more. Maybe back to it previous highs of 10p but thats more a pipe dream. Then again it could fall apart. Thats investing.

Current price 0.0026 so if it hits 5p thats a 19 bagger from this point. I have been in this for a while so in at a lower price than that 0.0012.

He who dares Rodney.

30% up today already :-)

Good for you mate. Wish I'd seen this post last night!

I aslo dabble quite a lot and made roughly 25% over the last few months just gambling on relatively established cos that had very low prices (RELX, Vodafone, Shell, BGEO, Cineworld). I've cashed out most of that for the timebeing but will go back in soon for a longer term hold.

In a world where it effectively costs to hold cash, people with cash need to be a bit creative. There are still some (IMO) very safe stocks out there that will routinely provide 5-10% returns per annum.
Stocks and Shares on 09:34 - Jun 18 with 2041 viewsElephantintheRoom

The market is seriously underestimating the catastrophe about to hit the UK economy - and they are also kidding themselves that the UK government is not (and always has been) targetting a no deal Brexit.

The UK stock market will plummet in the months ahead - and only those with money to burn should be dabbling... and then on non-trendy stuff like mining and oil that is seriously underpriced, global - and will rise as better run economies and those that haven't deliberately shot themselves in both feet will recover more quickly..... more being a relative term.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Stocks and Shares on 09:45 - Jun 18 with 1999 viewsDanTheMan

Eh, I think it's easier for the lay person to just invest in something like an index rather than trying to play the market.

Time in the market, not timing the market.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Stocks and Shares on 09:58 - Jun 18 with 1974 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Stocks and Shares on 09:34 - Jun 18 by ElephantintheRoom

The market is seriously underestimating the catastrophe about to hit the UK economy - and they are also kidding themselves that the UK government is not (and always has been) targetting a no deal Brexit.

The UK stock market will plummet in the months ahead - and only those with money to burn should be dabbling... and then on non-trendy stuff like mining and oil that is seriously underpriced, global - and will rise as better run economies and those that haven't deliberately shot themselves in both feet will recover more quickly..... more being a relative term.

I agree with lots of what you're saying but plenty of the FTSE100 (for example) have significant underlying revenues outside the UK.
Stocks and Shares on 10:12 - Jun 18 with 1950 viewsTractorWood

I've been holding pfd for 7 years.

It's gone from 18p to 58p in 3 months, this is good news on one hand but absolutely gutting stuff on the other. Buying when you are already holding is so counter intuitive.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Stocks and Shares on 11:02 - Jun 18 with 1872 viewsTractorWood

Stocks and Shares on 09:34 - Jun 18 by ElephantintheRoom

I think that is all already priced in. The market reflects every potential scenario in the news.

Gas and minerals are low due to the long term viability of fossil fuels and low demand from covid.

Hard Brexit is already priced in I'd say. The markets hate uncertainty, to me, whatever the Tories say, a hard Brexit is what they want and is what we will get.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Stocks and Shares on 12:06 - Jun 18 with 1799 viewsWeWereZombies

Stocks and Shares on 11:02 - Jun 18 by TractorWood

I think that is all already priced in. The market reflects every potential scenario in the news.

Gas and minerals are low due to the long term viability of fossil fuels and low demand from covid.

Hard Brexit is already priced in I'd say. The markets hate uncertainty, to me, whatever the Tories say, a hard Brexit is what they want and is what we will get.

Most of my investments took one hell of a hit in February and March but have subsequently recovered to close to January values. But I am wary that we could be in for a second Covid spike, although that is probably priced in too now.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Stocks and Shares on 12:16 - Jun 18 with 1793 viewsflimflam

Stocks and Shares on 12:06 - Jun 18 by WeWereZombies

Most of my investments took one hell of a hit in February and March but have subsequently recovered to close to January values. But I am wary that we could be in for a second Covid spike, although that is probably priced in too now.

Ditto.

Mine bombed some as far as 30% and all but the UK based funds have recovered to previous levels and some even increased.

Am tempted to consolidate some investments and wait and see what the near term future brings us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024