Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager 13:43 - Jun 23 with 7563 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We live in hope

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 22:25 - Jun 23 with 919 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 22:12 - Jun 23 by sparks

Various experienced managers have failed.

A big part of management is dealign with people and getting their belief and trust. Thats not entirely an experience based thing. He has no fewer credentials that Lampard, Gerrard, Parker, Barton and various other ex players who have done okay, given the chance.

I agree, Julian Naglesmann always states being a manager is 30% tactics/football knowledge, 70% social competence.

There is always the flip side to that argument; Woodgate, Scholes, Shearer.

Also note Lampard, Gerrard, Parker all went to very different clubs to us, better and bigger football clubs than us.

It is a really really tough task at this club, although I have to say, I would have Joey Barton here in a heartbeat.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 22:25]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 06:05 - Jun 24 with 860 viewsdaisyisabaddog

A great player but he struggles with whole sentences. He doesn't have the intelligence or gravitas required
Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 06:53 - Jun 24 with 845 viewsElephantintheRoom

Personally I think you live in lala land... there is nothing in Dyer's largely wasted career, self-centred attitude, lack of application, nor indeed personality and capabilities that suggests he'd have any ability as a manager whatsoever.

Chambo & Skuse on the other hand..... maybe

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 07:32 - Jun 24 with 828 viewsslump

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 06:53 - Jun 24 by ElephantintheRoom

Personally I think you live in lala land... there is nothing in Dyer's largely wasted career, self-centred attitude, lack of application, nor indeed personality and capabilities that suggests he'd have any ability as a manager whatsoever.

Your limited knowledge makes you appear rather silly here....

UTT

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 08:13 - Jun 24 with 788 viewsKropotkin123

Aside from 33 England caps, 12 years as a Premier League player and 5 seasons, 33 caps and 5 goals as a competitive European player... He wasted his career with a lack of application.

Thankfully we have Chambers and Skuse who have never played topflight football and have been relegated to division 3 three times between them. What a winning personality, glad they applied themselves so well and demonstrated such impressive capabilities. Good job they didn't waste 12 years of their life as a topflight footballer, playing alongside some of the best players in the world.

Dyer got into coaching, with the intention of getting into management in 2014. He spent 5 years within the Ipswich youth set up, learning the trade. But no, let's give it to Chambers and Skuse, as they have applied themselves more. *Eyeroll*

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 09:39 - Jun 24 with 746 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Joey Barton. Sorry let me repeat.. JOEY BARTON.

Got FLEETWOOD to the playoffs??? Now he’s genuinely nasty. He’s done a great job.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 10:09 - Jun 24 with 729 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 08:13 - Jun 24 by Kropotkin123

Aside from 33 England caps, 12 years as a Premier League player and 5 seasons, 33 caps and 5 goals as a competitive European player... He wasted his career with a lack of application.

Thankfully we have Chambers and Skuse who have never played topflight football and have been relegated to division 3 three times between them. What a winning personality, glad they applied themselves so well and demonstrated such impressive capabilities. Good job they didn't waste 12 years of their life as a topflight footballer, playing alongside some of the best players in the world.

Dyer got into coaching, with the intention of getting into management in 2014. He spent 5 years within the Ipswich youth set up, learning the trade. But no, let's give it to Chambers and Skuse, as they have applied themselves more. *Eyeroll*

Chambers and Skuse are far from the answer.

However you can't deny it was a some what wasted career for such a talented boy.

33 caps yes, spread over eight years, never played after 28 years old IIRC. Throughout is Premier League career only broke 30 appearances twice.

Too many seasons where he played 7,10,11,4,11,10 games a season.

Obviously he wasn't hampered by injury, but certainly off-field matters didn't help him i.e his time in Ayia Napa, remember his being glassed in an Ipswich nightclub, fighting his own team mate on the pitch.

However, that I don't think that should hinder his managerial career, it was a long time ago and recent interviews suggest some maturity, although it was a wasted career imo.

Look at Joey Barton, as controversial as you will get in management, doing a great job and would have him here in a heartbeat.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:20 - Jun 24 with 659 viewsArnieM

But what managerial experience does KD have? What badgeS does he have? I think it’s a romantic view wanting him back here right now.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:28 - Jun 24 with 645 viewssparks

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:20 - Jun 24 by ArnieM

But what managerial experience does KD have? What badgeS does he have? I think it’s a romantic view wanting him back here right now.

About as much as any first time manager ever has. Its hardly walking into a prime premier league job...

He has clearly built some good experience with the junior teams at ITFC apart from anything else.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 20:53 - Jun 24 with 624 viewsLibero

LOL
Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 21:37 - Jun 24 with 605 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:28 - Jun 24 by sparks

About as much as any first time manager ever has. Its hardly walking into a prime premier league job...

He has clearly built some good experience with the junior teams at ITFC apart from anything else.

Please don’t think walking in to this job is easy, at all.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 21:51 - Jun 24 with 593 viewssparks

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 21:37 - Jun 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Please don’t think walking in to this job is easy, at all.

What?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 21:56 - Jun 24 with 583 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 21:51 - Jun 24 by sparks

What?

You said it hardly like he is walking into a prime premier league, almost as if you were brushing the Ipswich job off as a breeze?

Apologises if I have misconstrued that.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 21:59 - Jun 24 with 577 viewshype313

The thing is it's a poisoned chalice, everything about the club set's managers up to fail, as much as it would be romantic, Kieron could go from local hero to villain within months.

However, we might not have any choice, once Lambert goes the pull of the "given time" mantra will be dead so what else is there to attract decent managers? We would be looking around the bargain bin for our next manager so might aswell give it to Kieron, Marcus will like it because he would come cheap too.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024