Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager 13:43 - Jun 23 with 7562 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We live in hope

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:50 - Jun 23 with 2438 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:45 - Jun 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Playing devil's advocate....

What are his credentials?

Same as any untried manager really.

It's down to the owner to decide. lampard, Gerrard, Bowyer, Barton, Woodgate all given chances recently. Some work out, some don't.

...Same with experienced 'proven managers'.

We are a mid table League 1 club, the credentials of any candidate will be questionable.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:06 - Jun 23 with 2404 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:50 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Same as any untried manager really.

It's down to the owner to decide. lampard, Gerrard, Bowyer, Barton, Woodgate all given chances recently. Some work out, some don't.

...Same with experienced 'proven managers'.

We are a mid table League 1 club, the credentials of any candidate will be questionable.

I don't think personally it is the smartest move to go to down the route of completely untried, this club has expectations, and the fans have high expectations, especially in these league, don't think Dyer is the man to take the next hotseat.

Needs to work under an expirienced man first.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:07 - Jun 23 with 2407 viewsIllinoisblue

Hurst/Jewell/Lambert all had credentials... it’s time to go the inexperienced, Ipswich-connected route. Dyer as boss and building a team around Dozzell. Inject it into my veins

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:08 - Jun 23 with 2406 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:43 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

He always seems to interview well, I don't see why he should be judged on his behaviour 20 years ago.

Of course he needs to have the right credentials, but I'm not sure what suggests that's not the case.

Not sure why Collins, Richards or Rosenior would be better candidates.

I agree that if one has matured since and commands respect from players now.

However, the whisper I hear (and I admit it is not from a large number) is that he does not. Maybe he could. As I say, I would support him if he was given the role. In the same way I support Lambert as he is in the role. I would love to see Lambert prove us wrong. I just don't think he will. I would love to see Kieron Dyer lead us to success, however I don't think he is the right character to do so.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:15 - Jun 23 with 2393 viewsSeablu

He’s not Paul Lambert.
Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:15 - Jun 23 with 2382 viewsBluefish

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:15 - Jun 23 by Seablu

He’s not Paul Lambert.

I'm sold

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:18 - Jun 23 with 2384 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:06 - Jun 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don't think personally it is the smartest move to go to down the route of completely untried, this club has expectations, and the fans have high expectations, especially in these league, don't think Dyer is the man to take the next hotseat.

The truth is, none of us know whether he is the right man or not.

4 of the past 5 experienced managers with 'credentials' have been HUGE failures and the other splits opinion. Thats not really a proven to be a dead cert for us.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:20 - Jun 23 with 2383 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:08 - Jun 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree that if one has matured since and commands respect from players now.

However, the whisper I hear (and I admit it is not from a large number) is that he does not. Maybe he could. As I say, I would support him if he was given the role. In the same way I support Lambert as he is in the role. I would love to see Lambert prove us wrong. I just don't think he will. I would love to see Kieron Dyer lead us to success, however I don't think he is the right character to do so.

...based on unconfirmed rumours?

Login to get fewer ads

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 18:38 - Jun 23 with 2366 viewsKeaneish

Forever tarnished after admitting he was integral to Bobby’s sacking at Newcastle. Despite an admission of guilt I’d rather uphold the honour of the great man than do the full managerial circle and appoint Dyer. Excellent player but shot himself in the foot sometime ago for me.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 18:48 - Jun 23 with 2357 viewssparks

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 18:38 - Jun 23 by Keaneish

Forever tarnished after admitting he was integral to Bobby’s sacking at Newcastle. Despite an admission of guilt I’d rather uphold the honour of the great man than do the full managerial circle and appoint Dyer. Excellent player but shot himself in the foot sometime ago for me.

Listen to those long interviews. He is a man who knows how to reflect, and learned a lot from some very good managers. Bobby in particular- who he considered a father figure.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 18:59 - Jun 23 with 2339 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:20 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

...based on unconfirmed rumours?

Not at all what I said.

I did say I don't know many who would be able to speak about it so the voice I heard may have been unrepresentative.

Based on the fact I have not heard anything to suggest he has matured either.

As I say, others in positions to appoint will know him far better than me. Unfortunately, they haven't shown themselves to be that great judges so far either.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:05 - Jun 23 with 2323 viewsShawsey

Why not, can't do much worse than the last 2. As long as we give him time and understanding. It will be his first managerial job, so lets give him at least a season before we jump on him.
Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:15 - Jun 23 with 2311 viewsKeaneish

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 18:48 - Jun 23 by sparks

Listen to those long interviews. He is a man who knows how to reflect, and learned a lot from some very good managers. Bobby in particular- who he considered a father figure.

The True Geordie Podcasts?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:29 - Jun 23 with 2302 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 18:48 - Jun 23 by sparks

Indeed.

And I think Dyers own summary is very hard on himself.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:32 - Jun 23 with 2304 viewsBlueBadger

He's better qualified than Magilton was and isn't Paul Lamebert.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:34 - Jun 23 with 2299 viewshadleighboyblue

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 17:06 - Jun 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Turning round this club's rapid decline is not going to be easy .

The club is complacent , living on past glories and the players don't seem to have the fight that's needed at this level .

That is surely going to need someone with experience and who commands the respect of the players and who can also attract players to sign .

No disrespect to Dyer , but he needs to get some experience , someone like Mogga would fit the bill .

We need to wake up to the fact that the outside world no longer sees us as such an attractive proposition as we were in the past . We are shopping in a poorer league these days .
Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:40 - Jun 23 with 2294 viewsSpruceMoose

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:34 - Jun 23 by hadleighboyblue

Turning round this club's rapid decline is not going to be easy .

The club is complacent , living on past glories and the players don't seem to have the fight that's needed at this level .

That is surely going to need someone with experience and who commands the respect of the players and who can also attract players to sign .

No disrespect to Dyer , but he needs to get some experience , someone like Mogga would fit the bill .

We need to wake up to the fact that the outside world no longer sees us as such an attractive proposition as we were in the past . We are shopping in a poorer league these days .

Sadly we were considered to be well beneath Mogga's level the last time we approached him, and we've slipped even further since then.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 20:04 - Jun 23 with 2273 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:32 - Jun 23 by BlueBadger

He's better qualified than Magilton was and isn't Paul Lamebert.

Probably has better credentials than Robson did when he was appointed.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 20:24 - Jun 23 with 2255 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 19:15 - Jun 23 by Keaneish

The True Geordie Podcasts?

That is the only lace I have found where he talks about it. Whatever did happen there, the owners were very quick to shift the blame. I don't think any player who was there at the time takes responsibility

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 20:26 - Jun 23 with 2252 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He doesn't have any. But honestly its him or someone like Cotterill. I know who I want

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 21:41 - Jun 23 with 2193 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 20:26 - Jun 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

He doesn't have any. But honestly its him or someone like Cotterill. I know who I want

Well realistically it is no one, because we have manager who looks as though he is part of the clubs future.

I would prefer him to either follow an experienced man i.e Warnock (Warnock / Dyer) was the missed trick in January, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Alternatively hit the lower leagues with mens football.

Surely Gerard Nash would be ahead of him on this basis?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 21:47 - Jun 23 with 2184 viewssparks

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 21:41 - Jun 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Well realistically it is no one, because we have manager who looks as though he is part of the clubs future.

I would prefer him to either follow an experienced man i.e Warnock (Warnock / Dyer) was the missed trick in January, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Alternatively hit the lower leagues with mens football.

Surely Gerard Nash would be ahead of him on this basis?

How many of these young ex players have succeeded by joining an established manager and then taking over?

It is very rare- not least because the role of assistant and manager are very different. Its very difficult to come in with a new approach having been part of the old regime, or to command respect, when previously an underling.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 22:04 - Jun 23 with 2167 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 21:47 - Jun 23 by sparks

How many of these young ex players have succeeded by joining an established manager and then taking over?

It is very rare- not least because the role of assistant and manager are very different. Its very difficult to come in with a new approach having been part of the old regime, or to command respect, when previously an underling.

I struggle to believe right now that Kieron Dyer has any serious credential to come here and turn this sinking ship around, it is a poisoned chalice for a wise old manager, it would be near impossible for a wet behind the ear puppy who has zero managerial experience.

Obviously we are not going to find out as we have a manager seemingly being backed for immediate future of the club, so all opinion of course.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 22:05]

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 22:12 - Jun 23 with 2156 viewssparks

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 22:04 - Jun 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

I struggle to believe right now that Kieron Dyer has any serious credential to come here and turn this sinking ship around, it is a poisoned chalice for a wise old manager, it would be near impossible for a wet behind the ear puppy who has zero managerial experience.

Obviously we are not going to find out as we have a manager seemingly being backed for immediate future of the club, so all opinion of course.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 22:05]

Various experienced managers have failed.

A big part of management is dealign with people and getting their belief and trust. Thats not entirely an experience based thing. He has no fewer credentials that Lampard, Gerrard, Parker, Barton and various other ex players who have done okay, given the chance.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 22:19 - Jun 23 with 2152 viewsPinewoodblue

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 22:12 - Jun 23 by sparks

Various experienced managers have failed.

A big part of management is dealign with people and getting their belief and trust. Thats not entirely an experience based thing. He has no fewer credentials that Lampard, Gerrard, Parker, Barton and various other ex players who have done okay, given the chance.

Be interesting to know what management team Kieron would assemble, would be a key issue for me.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024