Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lambert Outers 16:07 - Jun 27 with 12786 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

Am I the only one who has noticed that only a small minority of people on here want Lambert out, but we say very little. While the narwich supporters on here keep crying for Lambert to leave or be fired ?
The Lambert Outers on 13:32 - Jun 28 with 3014 viewsWickets

The Lambert Outers on 13:20 - Jun 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So it turns out it isn’t all Chambers and Skuses fault then?

No its not there fault for me its been a lack of scoring goals ,often a sad tale of missed chances .
The Lambert Outers on 13:33 - Jun 28 with 3014 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The Lambert Outers on 13:20 - Jun 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So it turns out it isn’t all Chambers and Skuses fault then?

You are desperately trying to keep stirring.

You had asked, you got an answer. And you're asking me again......
The Lambert Outers on 13:44 - Jun 28 with 2985 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Lambert Outers on 13:33 - Jun 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

You are desperately trying to keep stirring.

You had asked, you got an answer. And you're asking me again......

Well when I asked the first time you replied with ‘ They are untouchable aren't they? Surely it will Lambert's and other players' fault. Not them two, it's never their fault.’, which rather did imply you thought they were to blame

I can also now see you’ve since added ‘5th best defensive record and still can't defend against top half teams.’, which is statistically incorrect too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Lambert Outers on 13:52 - Jun 28 with 2969 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The Lambert Outers on 10:23 - Jun 28 by Wickets

It has got to been agreed that Pl has been a massive disappointment on the pitch and postponing games and rotating players didn't work and led to him and most of us not knowing what his best side was . I live in hope that he can learn from his mistakes and turn things around .I an reasonable happy to give him another season before rolling the dice again .

Corrrr don't come around here with any sort of balanced approach.

You'll soon be patronised for having a different opinion to somebody else.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The Lambert Outers on 14:00 - Jun 28 with 2955 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The Lambert Outers on 10:18 - Jun 28 by BlueBadger

Nothing he's done in the last 18 months has laid any kind of groundwork for a challenge. There's no set best XI, formation or pattern of play, plus we'll probably lose a couple of our best players.
On the plus side, Teddy Bishop will be fit next month.

I think we will lose Woolf and Downes, that's not Lambert's fault, it is up to Evans to support him to bring in the right replacements he wants so that's irrelevant.

As stated, I think he will learn from his mistakes, he will find his best eleven, much less rotation and postponing of games.

I think with the emergence of Lankester, El Mizouni, Dobra next year we will be in much better state in an attacking sense.

We were the 5th best defence in the league, kept an impressive 21 clean sheets. That is a really good foundation to build upon.

It was the attacking area we struggle, 11th top goalscorer, only average 1 goal per game and our top scorer had 11.

But when you can add Lankester, El Mizouni, Dobra and Bishop into that equation I think personally things will be a lot more promising.

The Lambert Outers on 14:00 - Jun 28 with 2954 viewsWickets

The Lambert Outers on 13:52 - Jun 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Corrrr don't come around here with any sort of balanced approach.

You'll soon be patronised for having a different opinion to somebody else.

Thanks for that i think !
The Lambert Outers on 14:04 - Jun 28 with 2939 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The Lambert Outers on 14:00 - Jun 28 by Wickets

Thanks for that i think !

Its a good point noted that the attacking side of this team let us down this year, not the defence.

But if you can add Lankester/El Mizouni/Dobra/Bishop and fully fit Norwood to them options then it really does give you some flair and firepower.

It will leave Lambert with no excuses however IF they can stay fit.

The Lambert Outers on 14:08 - Jun 28 with 2935 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Lambert Outers on 14:00 - Jun 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think we will lose Woolf and Downes, that's not Lambert's fault, it is up to Evans to support him to bring in the right replacements he wants so that's irrelevant.

As stated, I think he will learn from his mistakes, he will find his best eleven, much less rotation and postponing of games.

I think with the emergence of Lankester, El Mizouni, Dobra next year we will be in much better state in an attacking sense.

We were the 5th best defence in the league, kept an impressive 21 clean sheets. That is a really good foundation to build upon.

It was the attacking area we struggle, 11th top goalscorer, only average 1 goal per game and our top scorer had 11.

But when you can add Lankester, El Mizouni, Dobra and Bishop into that equation I think personally things will be a lot more promising.

We kept 13 clean sheets, plus 2 more in the cups - but yes the defence was generally quite decent

As for your other points, I still find the idea that a 15 year managerial veteran is suddenly going to learn how to manage bizarre but hope you’re right. I would also suggest that Lambert is partly responsible for us losing Downes and Woolf as he is mostly responsible for us not getting promoted. I don’t think he can claim not to have been backed unless there is some drastic cost cutting over the Summer, as our budget will almost certainly be one of the biggest in the division

Login to get fewer ads

The Lambert Outers on 15:18 - Jun 28 with 2899 viewsWickets

The Lambert Outers on 14:04 - Jun 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Its a good point noted that the attacking side of this team let us down this year, not the defence.

But if you can add Lankester/El Mizouni/Dobra/Bishop and fully fit Norwood to them options then it really does give you some flair and firepower.

It will leave Lambert with no excuses however IF they can stay fit.

Yup i must agree and i must add that i think when posters blame individual players they forget one of the most important facts and that is that it is a team game even our best players will struggle in a struggling side .
The Lambert Outers on 17:11 - Jun 28 with 2854 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The Lambert Outers on 14:08 - Jun 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We kept 13 clean sheets, plus 2 more in the cups - but yes the defence was generally quite decent

As for your other points, I still find the idea that a 15 year managerial veteran is suddenly going to learn how to manage bizarre but hope you’re right. I would also suggest that Lambert is partly responsible for us losing Downes and Woolf as he is mostly responsible for us not getting promoted. I don’t think he can claim not to have been backed unless there is some drastic cost cutting over the Summer, as our budget will almost certainly be one of the biggest in the division

Apologies, 15 clean sheets in all you are right. 5th best defence regardless.

He would be partly responsible in that respect yes, as would the players then in that logic, as they also failed to get promoted, when you cross the white line Lambert can’t play the game for them.

Lambert hasn’t always been a ‘bad’ manager. Obviously did an exceptional job at Norwich, back to back promotions, back to back manager of the year awards.

Finished 15th in his first two seasons at Villa (they’d take that now I bet)

Since then his time has been tough at Blackburn/Wolves/Stoke but never given any substantial time to build anything.

I would rather give him one more year than roll the dice again.

The Lambert Outers on 17:15 - Jun 28 with 2847 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Lambert Outers on 17:11 - Jun 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Apologies, 15 clean sheets in all you are right. 5th best defence regardless.

He would be partly responsible in that respect yes, as would the players then in that logic, as they also failed to get promoted, when you cross the white line Lambert can’t play the game for them.

Lambert hasn’t always been a ‘bad’ manager. Obviously did an exceptional job at Norwich, back to back promotions, back to back manager of the year awards.

Finished 15th in his first two seasons at Villa (they’d take that now I bet)

Since then his time has been tough at Blackburn/Wolves/Stoke but never given any substantial time to build anything.

I would rather give him one more year than roll the dice again.

It would help the players though if there was some semblance of a consistent lineup, formation and gameplan though

Lambert hasn’t done a good job anywhere since Norwich. Villa may bite your hand off now for 15th but that’s only in part because Lambert’s spell saw them deteriorate to the point they were mired in the drop zone when he was sacked

I’m really baffled as to what you’ve seen that makes him worth giving another year - he failed miserably in 2018/19 at keeping us up and he’s failed miserably this year. It’s not really rolling the dice when the current option has been a disaster, but obviously seeing as it looks like he’ll be staying I hope you’re proved right

The Lambert Outers on 18:57 - Jun 28 with 2803 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The Lambert Outers on 17:15 - Jun 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It would help the players though if there was some semblance of a consistent lineup, formation and gameplan though

Lambert hasn’t done a good job anywhere since Norwich. Villa may bite your hand off now for 15th but that’s only in part because Lambert’s spell saw them deteriorate to the point they were mired in the drop zone when he was sacked

I’m really baffled as to what you’ve seen that makes him worth giving another year - he failed miserably in 2018/19 at keeping us up and he’s failed miserably this year. It’s not really rolling the dice when the current option has been a disaster, but obviously seeing as it looks like he’ll be staying I hope you’re proved right

Not really, Aston Villa were cash stricken with Randy Launer seriously pulling cash out of the club year by year.

Aston Villa spent £146 million in the summer, as well as already having Grealish and McGinn at the club. They currently sit 19th in the league. Lambert didn’t do a terrible job until that final season when he was sacked after falling into the relegation zone but still having 13 games left I believe.

Just personal opinion, I think he will have learnt from errors this year.

The Lambert Outers on 19:07 - Jun 28 with 2798 viewsKeaneish

The Lambert Outers on 17:15 - Jun 27 by evansblue

Not one person in my circle of middle aged bores wants him to stay. He has been hopeless; relegated with no fight and a shambles last season. I don't believe a word he says. Sadly he will be here at the start of next season but it wont be for long

When he arrived the opinion was that he’d up sticks and leave as soon as he could and leave us in the mire. A bitter sweet irony and another chapter in the circus that is our decline.

18-months is a good stint to prove yourself and he’s consistently failed. No qualms from me if he’s replaced. I went to nigh on 20 games last season and we went backwards, which we have progressively since he arrived.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The Lambert Outers on 19:27 - Jun 28 with 2789 viewsGarv

The Lambert Outers on 22:16 - Jun 27 by BlueBadger

What on earth makes you think that given he had the advantage of a big squad stuffed full of good League One standard players and a fair few Championship standard ones and managed to finish 11th this season, couldn't settle on a formation, style of play and has a win average of 27%

Who are the 'fair few' championship standard players?

Even 'full of good league one standard' is debatable.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The Lambert Outers on 19:45 - Jun 28 with 2773 viewsLeoMuff

The Lambert Outers on 22:56 - Jun 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

I like the idea of Dobra/Mizouni/Lankester/Bishop/Nydam being fully fit and bang at it.

I’m also thinking KVY/Norwood post op.

I’m hoping he has learnt from a the routine fiasco of last year, interviews would suggest he has, only team selections will prove that though.

We have a pool of talent in the final third on the provision that everyone is back fully fit.

If Lambert gets us up it will be because he stumbles on working system or some of our perennial talented crocks come good.

He wasted our best chance this year, we had better than league 1 talent everywhere on top money and we were nowhere near by the end and getting worse.

I will be gobsmacked if we go up.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The Lambert Outers on 20:04 - Jun 28 with 2749 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The Lambert Outers on 19:45 - Jun 28 by LeoMuff

If Lambert gets us up it will be because he stumbles on working system or some of our perennial talented crocks come good.

He wasted our best chance this year, we had better than league 1 talent everywhere on top money and we were nowhere near by the end and getting worse.

I will be gobsmacked if we go up.

“we had better than league 1 talent everywhere on top money and we were nowhere near by the end and getting worse.”

That is extremely debatable

In essence what you are saying, if we go up it will be down to luck and the players will be congratulated for it. However when we have had a poor season it’s all the managers fault and the players aren’t at fault?

The Lambert Outers on 20:20 - Jun 28 with 2735 viewsLeoMuff

The Lambert Outers on 20:04 - Jun 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

“we had better than league 1 talent everywhere on top money and we were nowhere near by the end and getting worse.”

That is extremely debatable

In essence what you are saying, if we go up it will be down to luck and the players will be congratulated for it. However when we have had a poor season it’s all the managers fault and the players aren’t at fault?

we Were relegation form for the last couple of months, so yes I’m expecting luck will play a large part if we are promoted.

Are you disagreeing on the top money or better than league 1 squad ? we had many championship stalwarts and others being chased by clubs at a higher level.

We utterly failed to get the best out of that squad which imho was play off quality minimum.

The only Muff in Town.

The Lambert Outers on 23:24 - Jun 28 with 2705 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The Lambert Outers on 20:20 - Jun 28 by LeoMuff

we Were relegation form for the last couple of months, so yes I’m expecting luck will play a large part if we are promoted.

Are you disagreeing on the top money or better than league 1 squad ? we had many championship stalwarts and others being chased by clubs at a higher level.

We utterly failed to get the best out of that squad which imho was play off quality minimum.

Skuse/Chambers/Judge are the ones you could say have real Championship pedigree.

All good players in there prime age, they are past it now, there is no getting away from time.

They are on good money, too much money, but that means nothing, absolutely nothing.

The only players who were too good for League 1 were Downes and Woolfenden, they’ll be sold regardless. KVY wasn’t fit enough for long enough.

The squad last year available was really a 10th/9th placed level squad.

When you factor in Lankester/El Mizouni/Dobra/Bishop I think that adds enough flair and firepower in the final third for a top 6 team.

Replacements for Woolfenden and Downes are a must.

The Lambert Outers on 08:22 - Jun 29 with 2643 viewsitfcjoe

The Lambert Outers on 23:24 - Jun 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Skuse/Chambers/Judge are the ones you could say have real Championship pedigree.

All good players in there prime age, they are past it now, there is no getting away from time.

They are on good money, too much money, but that means nothing, absolutely nothing.

The only players who were too good for League 1 were Downes and Woolfenden, they’ll be sold regardless. KVY wasn’t fit enough for long enough.

When you factor in Lankester/El Mizouni/Dobra/Bishop I think that adds enough flair and firepower in the final third for a top 6 team.

"The squad last year available was really a 10th/9th placed level squad."

We had a player in our squad, who played one minute of league football and couldn't even get on the bench who went to a side in the same league and started every game and elevated them to 10th in the league.

People can try and downplay our squad, but look at what it is up against.

The teams that came 9th and 10th - Doncaster and Gillingham - look at their squads and tell me who you think would improve ours? Not many temas can have squads of 25-26 senior players, lots in this league get by with about 18 and fill the rest with players from their youth teams.

We have loads more senior players with better pedigree, and when we use kids they are also of a higher calibre as at a better graded academy and older generally as most teams in this league won't have an U23s team to let the players stay an extra couple of years in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Lambert Outers on 08:28 - Jun 29 with 2639 viewsDanTheMan

Not much to add to this thread but to chime in and agree he's rubbish and shouldn't even be here at this point.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Lambert Outers on 11:11 - Jun 29 with 2606 viewsPJH

The Lambert Outers on 08:22 - Jun 29 by itfcjoe

We had a player in our squad, who played one minute of league football and couldn't even get on the bench who went to a side in the same league and started every game and elevated them to 10th in the league.

The teams that came 9th and 10th - Doncaster and Gillingham - look at their squads and tell me who you think would improve ours? Not many temas can have squads of 25-26 senior players, lots in this league get by with about 18 and fill the rest with players from their youth teams.

We have loads more senior players with better pedigree, and when we use kids they are also of a higher calibre as at a better graded academy and older generally as most teams in this league won't have an U23s team to let the players stay an extra couple of years in

There is no doubt in my mind that with the squad of players ITFC had at the start of and throughout 2019/20 they should have been in the top two, probably top.

The complete failure to even threaten to make the playoffs with that squad can only be blamed on the manager.

I very much like PL as a person, after all he paid for my coach trip to Blackburn the previous season, but regarding on the pitch results he was a disaster in 2018/19 and a disaster again in 2019/20.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 11:13]
The Lambert Outers on 11:47 - Jun 29 with 2583 viewsWickets

The Lambert Outers on 11:11 - Jun 29 by PJH

There is no doubt in my mind that with the squad of players ITFC had at the start of and throughout 2019/20 they should have been in the top two, probably top.

The complete failure to even threaten to make the playoffs with that squad can only be blamed on the manager.

I very much like PL as a person, after all he paid for my coach trip to Blackburn the previous season, but regarding on the pitch results he was a disaster in 2018/19 and a disaster again in 2019/20.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 11:13]

Very hard not to agree with that ! But fool that i am i still want to give him one more year maybe 'cos i dont want us to be a hire and fire club .I just hope he can turn it round and learn from his mistakes its pretty obvious what they where .
The Lambert Outers on 13:02 - Jun 29 with 2559 viewsPJH

The Lambert Outers on 11:47 - Jun 29 by Wickets

Very hard not to agree with that ! But fool that i am i still want to give him one more year maybe 'cos i dont want us to be a hire and fire club .I just hope he can turn it round and learn from his mistakes its pretty obvious what they where .

As I said, I like him as a person.

I expected him to make a decent effort at keeping us up in 2018/19-he obviously didn't.

I then expected him to take us straight back up-he obviously didn't.

If he was to leave, which actually does not look likely, I would be a bit sad but purely based on on the field results there is no way that he DESERVES to still be here.
The Lambert Outers on 19:28 - Jun 29 with 2503 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The Lambert Outers on 08:22 - Jun 29 by itfcjoe

To be fair to Gillingham, they punched well above their weight this year and full credit to them for that. We were still above them when the season was halted though.

Doncaster Rovers have a very good squad, and would take a handful that would have improved us last year:
Ben Whiteman
Ben Sheaf
Tom Anderson
Kieran Sadlier
Jon Taylor
James Coppinger (veteran who still would have improved us last year)
Reece James

We can talk about our squad been a lot better than it is, they got relegated as one of the worst championship sides, and then finished 11th in League 1 the following year.

Partly this is down to the manager, but some people need be a bit more realistic and realise last year we didn’t have the squad that was good enough (Downes and Woolf aside)

The Lambert Outers on 19:49 - Jun 29 with 2484 viewsLeoMuff

The Lambert Outers on 23:24 - Jun 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Looking at the squad ...
Holy at least very able the lg1, Norris rated at a prem club, Garbutt too good for lg1, Skuse elderly but still a cut above, Dozzell wanted by prem clubs at £3m.

Nolan best MF in LG 1 for shrews, Edwards 6 goals in MF in champ in the worst team ever and £1m player. Emyr way above lg1 on form.

Norwood best paid player in lg1 ? Jackson wanted by champ clubs and £1.6m player, Sears regular scorer in champ, Keane should be playing above lg1

so you missed a few there is no way on earth that lot should be finishing anywhere near 9th/10th
and there are more I can’t be bothered to type !

The only Muff in Town.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024