Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lambert Outers 16:07 - Jun 27 with 12670 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

Am I the only one who has noticed that only a small minority of people on here want Lambert out, but we say very little. While the narwich supporters on here keep crying for Lambert to leave or be fired ?
Huh? on 12:25 - Feb 10 with 687 viewsDyland

Norwich supporters are obviously over the moon Evans is sticking with Lambert. What are you talking about?

What do you see that makes you think Lambert has done or is doing a good job?

I really don't get it.

Lambert has done and continues to do a really very bad job indeed. We can't compete for promotion from D3. How much is down to Evans' funding is open to debate to an extent, but Lambert has demonstrably failed and continues to do so. The excuses have now been going on for well over a year.

He's had more slack than any other club our kind of size would have had. His continued employment at ITFC points to Evans either not being prepared to pay him off even though we can't compete in D3, or actually believing the bollix from Lambert and team like Taylor's post match delusion last night.

I would love to be wrong about this btw, I 'm a Town supporter after all.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 12:26]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The Lambert Outers on 12:26 - Feb 10 with 676 viewsSteve_D

That makes no sense at all
Huh? on 12:26 - Feb 10 with 677 viewsDubtractor

Huh? on 12:25 - Feb 10 by Dyland

Norwich supporters are obviously over the moon Evans is sticking with Lambert. What are you talking about?

What do you see that makes you think Lambert has done or is doing a good job?

I really don't get it.

Lambert has done and continues to do a really very bad job indeed. We can't compete for promotion from D3. How much is down to Evans' funding is open to debate to an extent, but Lambert has demonstrably failed and continues to do so. The excuses have now been going on for well over a year.

He's had more slack than any other club our kind of size would have had. His continued employment at ITFC points to Evans either not being prepared to pay him off even though we can't compete in D3, or actually believing the bollix from Lambert and team like Taylor's post match delusion last night.

I would love to be wrong about this btw, I 'm a Town supporter after all.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 12:26]

This post is from last year, but I've tried reading it several times and it still doesn't make sense.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Huh? on 12:27 - Feb 10 with 672 viewsDyland

Huh? on 12:26 - Feb 10 by Dubtractor

This post is from last year, but I've tried reading it several times and it still doesn't make sense.

OH! Yes just clocked the date :)

Arf... delete thread innit (n/t) on 12:28 - Feb 10 with 670 viewsDyland

The Lambert Outers on 12:30 - Feb 10 with 666 viewsCrawfordsboot

The Lambert Outers on 12:12 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

Criticism is fine; bile is not. From what I’ve seen most of the posts are criticism at the shambolic leadership of the club, both on and off the pitch.

We have a situation where the manager decides against attending press conferences where he is required to talk about Ipswich but is perfectly happy to go on record about the situation at other clubs. That, to me, is completely unacceptable.

We have a situation where, on paper, one of the strongest squads in the league is floundering in mid table because of ‘on pitch’ mismanagement which has occurred under the current incumbent since November 2018. That, to me, is completely unacceptable.

We have a situation where the owner, despite words to the contrary, seems perfectly happy for this to develop, resulting in a club with the potential to at least be competitive in the Championship to instead become bogged down where it shouldn’t. That, to me, is unacceptable.

The decision making at Ipswich Town Football Club since before Mick left has been horrific and something needs to give if we do not want the club to fold. I am not being melodramatic when saying that as, if the supporters decide enough is enough, then there will be no reason for Marcus Evans to keep putting money into a company which no one cares exists. But the lack of care actually starts at the very top.

Your points are all perfectly valid.
My post though was a comment highlighting that the different points of view expressed in this thread were, in their general tone, in contrast with the vitriol and bile found in others.
I haven’t declared for or against replacing the manager
The Lambert Outers on 12:40 - Feb 10 with 640 viewsHerbivore

The Lambert Outers on 11:51 - Feb 10 by Crawfordsboot

Thanks for posting this.
The subsequent comment, and particularly the tone of the debate both for and against, has been a breath of fresh air. Reading the incessant bile on this site and intolerant comments that amount to an obnoxious and offensive feeding frenzy against my club depressed me to the point of not wanting to be identified with these people and by extension this club I have supported for over 60 years. The more reasoned and balanced posts on this thread help lift the despair.
Unfortunately our club suffers from a sizeable group of supporters whose attitude seems more akin to Trump and his proud boys, or the worst of Twitter trolling, than civilised debate.
I can understand that many will feel that the management team should be replaced. The individuals in that team have families - parents, wives and kids. How would each of us feel if our boss called us in and poured such bile over our heads on a weekly basis and did so on a public platform.

Give over, you massive fanny.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Lambert Outers on 12:45 - Feb 10 with 626 viewsfooters

The Lambert Outers on 12:30 - Feb 10 by Crawfordsboot

Your points are all perfectly valid.
My post though was a comment highlighting that the different points of view expressed in this thread were, in their general tone, in contrast with the vitriol and bile found in others.
I haven’t declared for or against replacing the manager

I'm sure Lambert will be mortified when he reads all these nasty comments. Now, why don't you bore off and go and police somewhere else instead.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

The Lambert Outers on 12:57 - Feb 10 with 596 viewsTieDyedIn95

I take it weed is now legal where you live?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

The Lambert Outers on 13:01 - Feb 10 with 589 viewspeterleeblue

I would have preferred he left after the relegation.
It wasn't the relegation that bothered me it was the lack of fight and desire to survive.
We slid away without a whimper. The game was up then. The fact we are here 2 years later without any discernable plan is frankly unbelievable.
Huh? on 13:14 - Feb 10 with 577 viewsEireannach_gorm

That particular post makes perfect sense. Correct then and correct now. No change.
The Lambert Outers on 13:45 - Feb 10 with 547 viewsBlueForYou

What I find unbelievable is that in the poll, 20% actually want him to stay! Who are these people? Are they Lambert voting for himself? I dont know anyone, apart from twomor three creeps on the FB page, who want Lambert to stay. Everywhere you go people want him gone.
Huh? on 13:49 - Feb 10 with 537 viewsjeera

Huh? on 13:14 - Feb 10 by Eireannach_gorm

That particular post makes perfect sense. Correct then and correct now. No change.

He's referring to the OP.

I'm guessing you mean Dylers' post.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Lambert Outers on 13:51 - Feb 10 with 526 viewsHerbivore

The Lambert Outers on 13:45 - Feb 10 by BlueForYou

What I find unbelievable is that in the poll, 20% actually want him to stay! Who are these people? Are they Lambert voting for himself? I dont know anyone, apart from twomor three creeps on the FB page, who want Lambert to stay. Everywhere you go people want him gone.

This is from last June, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024