Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lambert Outers 16:07 - Jun 27 with 12785 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

Am I the only one who has noticed that only a small minority of people on here want Lambert out, but we say very little. While the narwich supporters on here keep crying for Lambert to leave or be fired ?
The Lambert Outers on 19:56 - Jun 29 with 1300 viewsLankHenners

The Lambert Outers on 19:28 - Jun 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

To be fair to Gillingham, they punched well above their weight this year and full credit to them for that. We were still above them when the season was halted though.

Doncaster Rovers have a very good squad, and would take a handful that would have improved us last year:
Ben Whiteman
Ben Sheaf
Tom Anderson
Kieran Sadlier
Jon Taylor
James Coppinger (veteran who still would have improved us last year)
Reece James

We can talk about our squad been a lot better than it is, they got relegated as one of the worst championship sides, and then finished 11th in League 1 the following year.

Partly this is down to the manager, but some people need be a bit more realistic and realise last year we didn’t have the squad that was good enough (Downes and Woolf aside)

If the argument is that the players are roughly equivalent position-wise to where we finished then you have to say that the manager did as much as he could reasonably be expected to do.

Pretty much every single Town fan agrees Lambert has done poorly so both statements (players are only good enough for about 10th and Lambert's been poor) can be true here.

The reality is the players are fine for this level and good enough to at least be competing at the top end which any half-decent manager should have been able to achieve.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The Lambert Outers on 23:01 - Jun 29 with 1262 viewswkj

I personally always take a stance of patience and positiveness with new managers, in the daft hope something good will come from it. However, after doing that with Hurst and Lambert, I have to say I can't really say I feel to smart about it all.

Lambert's decline in form following such a positive start to the season was baffling, and in all honesty pin points to one massive event, the injury at right back. Lambert should have been able to have kept us in the top 6 all season with the squad we had, and even though had the pandemic not hit us, I have doubts he would have achieved top 6 by the end of the season either.

The big question here is, with Evans at the top, who out there could do the job better? I really have no idea if Lambert is better the devil we know or not. Either way, I fear L1 is the new norm for us unless some significant changes happen from the very very top.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Lambert Outers on 00:56 - Jun 30 with 1243 viewsOsborneOneNil

The Lambert Outers on 19:49 - Jun 29 by LeoMuff

Looking at the squad ...
Holy at least very able the lg1, Norris rated at a prem club, Garbutt too good for lg1, Skuse elderly but still a cut above, Dozzell wanted by prem clubs at £3m.

Nolan best MF in LG 1 for shrews, Edwards 6 goals in MF in champ in the worst team ever and £1m player. Emyr way above lg1 on form.

Norwood best paid player in lg1 ? Jackson wanted by champ clubs and £1.6m player, Sears regular scorer in champ, Keane should be playing above lg1

so you missed a few there is no way on earth that lot should be finishing anywhere near 9th/10th
and there are more I can’t be bothered to type !

‘Skuse elderly but still a cut above’

Stopped reading at that stage. Hilarious.
The Lambert Outers on 01:34 - Jun 30 with 1228 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The Lambert Outers on 19:56 - Jun 29 by LankHenners

If the argument is that the players are roughly equivalent position-wise to where we finished then you have to say that the manager did as much as he could reasonably be expected to do.

Pretty much every single Town fan agrees Lambert has done poorly so both statements (players are only good enough for about 10th and Lambert's been poor) can be true here.

The reality is the players are fine for this level and good enough to at least be competing at the top end which any half-decent manager should have been able to achieve.

I think last years squad was about a 9th or 10th placed squad. However, that is factoring in all circumstances; both KVY and Norwood (pivotal) were crocks and both needed operations on hamstring injuries, Norwood himself admitted he hasn’t been playing at 100% all season. Both will benefit massively from this long rest.

You then add in Lankester/El Mizouni/Dobra/Bishop who really are exciting players, again all predominately not involved throughout last year, they offer a new dimension.

If you keep Downes/Woolfenden, big IF (very unlinkely), the then available squad has enough firepower and creativity in this division, no questions asked in my opinion.

Downes and Woolfenden leave, they have to be replaced with very good signings.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The Lambert Outers on 01:51 - Jun 30 with 1221 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The Lambert Outers on 19:49 - Jun 29 by LeoMuff

Looking at the squad ...
Holy at least very able the lg1, Norris rated at a prem club, Garbutt too good for lg1, Skuse elderly but still a cut above, Dozzell wanted by prem clubs at £3m.

Nolan best MF in LG 1 for shrews, Edwards 6 goals in MF in champ in the worst team ever and £1m player. Emyr way above lg1 on form.

Norwood best paid player in lg1 ? Jackson wanted by champ clubs and £1.6m player, Sears regular scorer in champ, Keane should be playing above lg1

so you missed a few there is no way on earth that lot should be finishing anywhere near 9th/10th
and there are more I can’t be bothered to type !

This is a frightening assessment.

Too much to pick apart in that. Using bizarre and info to back up some of points;

Freddie Sears played 166 games for us in the Championship. He scored 30 goals, spread over 5 seasons, his best return was 9 goals in one season - I’m not sure that qualifies a regular Champ goal scorer.

Will Keane - scores 3 league goals in 23 league appearances in league 1, yet you think that he should be playing a league above. He’s 27 years old and has only played 75 Championship games, he’s scored 8 Championship goals.

And... what does James Norwood’s wages have to do with anything?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The Lambert Outers on 06:45 - Jun 30 with 1199 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Lambert Outers on 01:51 - Jun 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

This is a frightening assessment.

Too much to pick apart in that. Using bizarre and info to back up some of points;

Freddie Sears played 166 games for us in the Championship. He scored 30 goals, spread over 5 seasons, his best return was 9 goals in one season - I’m not sure that qualifies a regular Champ goal scorer.

Will Keane - scores 3 league goals in 23 league appearances in league 1, yet you think that he should be playing a league above. He’s 27 years old and has only played 75 Championship games, he’s scored 8 Championship goals.

And... what does James Norwood’s wages have to do with anything?

If you think Keane and Norwood are not good enough then I’m struggling to reconcile your argument that Lambert should get more time, given that he signed them both and they are undoubtedly big signings for us in terms of wages

In fact of the 15 players to have appeared 15+ times in the league, Lambert signed 7 of them and has given another 4 contract extensions since being here. So if the squad really isn’t good enough (it is) then that would fall firmly on his shoulders

Similarly you mention in your other post about Dobra and El Miz not playing much - that’s not bad luck, that’s refusing to trust and give a real chance to youngsters

We have been a relegation standard team since October, in the third division. I really am baffled as to how anyone thinks Lambert should be giving more time, but hey ho

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Lambert Outers on 07:13 - Jun 30 with 1190 viewsLeoMuff

The Lambert Outers on 00:56 - Jun 30 by OsborneOneNil

‘Skuse elderly but still a cut above’

Stopped reading at that stage. Hilarious.

You disagree that he is better than most midfielders in league 1 then ? He looked better than most in the games I saw him.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The Lambert Outers on 07:18 - Jun 30 with 1187 viewsHerbivore

The Lambert Outers on 06:45 - Jun 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

If you think Keane and Norwood are not good enough then I’m struggling to reconcile your argument that Lambert should get more time, given that he signed them both and they are undoubtedly big signings for us in terms of wages

In fact of the 15 players to have appeared 15+ times in the league, Lambert signed 7 of them and has given another 4 contract extensions since being here. So if the squad really isn’t good enough (it is) then that would fall firmly on his shoulders

Similarly you mention in your other post about Dobra and El Miz not playing much - that’s not bad luck, that’s refusing to trust and give a real chance to youngsters

We have been a relegation standard team since October, in the third division. I really am baffled as to how anyone thinks Lambert should be giving more time, but hey ho

Pretty sure he's trolling.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

The Lambert Outers on 07:25 - Jun 30 with 1184 viewslambo77

The Lambert Outers on 23:01 - Jun 29 by wkj

I personally always take a stance of patience and positiveness with new managers, in the daft hope something good will come from it. However, after doing that with Hurst and Lambert, I have to say I can't really say I feel to smart about it all.

Lambert's decline in form following such a positive start to the season was baffling, and in all honesty pin points to one massive event, the injury at right back. Lambert should have been able to have kept us in the top 6 all season with the squad we had, and even though had the pandemic not hit us, I have doubts he would have achieved top 6 by the end of the season either.

The big question here is, with Evans at the top, who out there could do the job better? I really have no idea if Lambert is better the devil we know or not. Either way, I fear L1 is the new norm for us unless some significant changes happen from the very very top.

we're not going anywhere with lambert is plain to see, i think we'd be better off taking a gamble on Dyer now
The Lambert Outers on 07:26 - Jun 30 with 1182 viewsHerbivore

The Lambert Outers on 19:28 - Jun 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

To be fair to Gillingham, they punched well above their weight this year and full credit to them for that. We were still above them when the season was halted though.

Doncaster Rovers have a very good squad, and would take a handful that would have improved us last year:
Ben Whiteman
Ben Sheaf
Tom Anderson
Kieran Sadlier
Jon Taylor
James Coppinger (veteran who still would have improved us last year)
Reece James

We can talk about our squad been a lot better than it is, they got relegated as one of the worst championship sides, and then finished 11th in League 1 the following year.

Partly this is down to the manager, but some people need be a bit more realistic and realise last year we didn’t have the squad that was good enough (Downes and Woolf aside)

Or maybe you're just wrong and everyone else, not just Town fans either, are right in thinking we had one of the best squads and Lambert is a massive failure? Perhaps you need to be a bit more realistic and realise this squad was plenty good enough and the manager you're inexplicably backing is hopeless.

The Lambert Outers on 07:48 - Jun 30 with 1168 viewsDubtractor

The Lambert Outers on 07:26 - Jun 30 by Herbivore

Or maybe you're just wrong and everyone else, not just Town fans either, are right in thinking we had one of the best squads and Lambert is a massive failure? Perhaps you need to be a bit more realistic and realise this squad was plenty good enough and the manager you're inexplicably backing is hopeless.

Fwiw I think a lot on here do overrate our squad, but even then it is good enough for top 6 in this division without any doubt.

And our form since October is frankly unacceptable even if we'd had Bolton's squad.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The Lambert Outers on 08:02 - Jun 30 with 1145 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Lambert Outers on 07:18 - Jun 30 by Herbivore

Pretty sure he's trolling.

I like the way you’ve said that and then replied seriously to another one of their posts

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Lambert Outers on 08:02 - Jun 30 with 1149 viewsHerbivore

The Lambert Outers on 07:48 - Jun 30 by Dubtractor

Fwiw I think a lot on here do overrate our squad, but even then it is good enough for top 6 in this division without any doubt.

And our form since October is frankly unacceptable even if we'd had Bolton's squad.

I'm not sure how overrated the squad is. I haven't seen many say we should piss the league and actually mean it, the 100 points 100 goals thing was all bantz. It's not easy to directly compare squads but I agree that our squad should be top 6 fairly comfortably and I'd say top 2 should have been our aim with what we had at our disposal. Even players in our squad that we don't rate, like Edwards, Nolan and Nsiala, have all been very good players at this level in the past. It's not that we're especially good, it's that this isn't a great league and we've seen that this season which is what has made our struggles all the more frustrating.

The Lambert Outers on 08:03 - Jun 30 with 1143 viewsHerbivore

The Lambert Outers on 08:02 - Jun 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I like the way you’ve said that and then replied seriously to another one of their posts

Meh.

The Lambert Outers on 09:52 - Jun 30 with 1108 viewsOsborneOneNil

The Lambert Outers on 08:02 - Jun 30 by Herbivore

I'm not sure how overrated the squad is. I haven't seen many say we should piss the league and actually mean it, the 100 points 100 goals thing was all bantz. It's not easy to directly compare squads but I agree that our squad should be top 6 fairly comfortably and I'd say top 2 should have been our aim with what we had at our disposal. Even players in our squad that we don't rate, like Edwards, Nolan and Nsiala, have all been very good players at this level in the past. It's not that we're especially good, it's that this isn't a great league and we've seen that this season which is what has made our struggles all the more frustrating.

Herbs, you are correct on this, damn right we were min top 6 on paper, and a manager worth his salt would've had us top 2.
The Lambert Outers on 09:56 - Jun 30 with 1105 viewsOsborneOneNil

The Lambert Outers on 07:13 - Jun 30 by LeoMuff

You disagree that he is better than most midfielders in league 1 then ? He looked better than most in the games I saw him.

Yes, I massively disagree that he is better than most midfielders in L1.

I know it's hard for many to accept, but we need new blood in that team, and Skuse is first to go. Yeah, keep him as a squad player (has to, he's got a new deal) and get him involved in coaching perhaps, but he isn't going to help move us forward.

Neither is Lambert.
The Lambert Outers on 11:01 - Jun 30 with 1085 viewsHerbivore

The Lambert Outers on 09:56 - Jun 30 by OsborneOneNil

Yes, I massively disagree that he is better than most midfielders in L1.

I know it's hard for many to accept, but we need new blood in that team, and Skuse is first to go. Yeah, keep him as a squad player (has to, he's got a new deal) and get him involved in coaching perhaps, but he isn't going to help move us forward.

Neither is Lambert.

I'd say he's better than most at this level still, certainly pre-injury he was playing well but he did struggle after that (as did pretty much everyone). Early season Skuse and Downes were bossing the midfield pre-Lambingo. I do also agree, though, that from here we need to start phasing him out and using him more as a squad player and for his experience around the club and the training pitch.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 11:35]

The Lambert Outers on 19:59 - Jun 30 with 1031 viewsOsborneOneNil

The Lambert Outers on 11:01 - Jun 30 by Herbivore

I'd say he's better than most at this level still, certainly pre-injury he was playing well but he did struggle after that (as did pretty much everyone). Early season Skuse and Downes were bossing the midfield pre-Lambingo. I do also agree, though, that from here we need to start phasing him out and using him more as a squad player and for his experience around the club and the training pitch.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 11:35]

That’s fair.
The Lambert Outers on 08:00 - Feb 10 with 815 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

The Lambert Outers on 10:18 - Jun 28 by BlueBadger

Nothing he's done in the last 18 months has laid any kind of groundwork for a challenge. There's no set best XI, formation or pattern of play, plus we'll probably lose a couple of our best players.
On the plus side, Teddy Bishop will be fit next month.

Looks like you'll be proven right. Unless we suddenly turn this around somehow.
The Lambert Outers on 08:14 - Feb 10 with 778 viewsKropotkin123

Yes, the poll was over 80% and that was when things were better.

1/10

EDIT: Just seen this is from June, apologies.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 8:16]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The Lambert Outers on 11:51 - Feb 10 with 723 viewsCrawfordsboot

Thanks for posting this.
The subsequent comment, and particularly the tone of the debate both for and against, has been a breath of fresh air. Reading the incessant bile on this site and intolerant comments that amount to an obnoxious and offensive feeding frenzy against my club depressed me to the point of not wanting to be identified with these people and by extension this club I have supported for over 60 years. The more reasoned and balanced posts on this thread help lift the despair.
Unfortunately our club suffers from a sizeable group of supporters whose attitude seems more akin to Trump and his proud boys, or the worst of Twitter trolling, than civilised debate.
I can understand that many will feel that the management team should be replaced. The individuals in that team have families - parents, wives and kids. How would each of us feel if our boss called us in and poured such bile over our heads on a weekly basis and did so on a public platform.
The Lambert Outers on 11:54 - Feb 10 with 716 viewsnoggin

The Lambert Outers on 11:51 - Feb 10 by Crawfordsboot

Thanks for posting this.
The subsequent comment, and particularly the tone of the debate both for and against, has been a breath of fresh air. Reading the incessant bile on this site and intolerant comments that amount to an obnoxious and offensive feeding frenzy against my club depressed me to the point of not wanting to be identified with these people and by extension this club I have supported for over 60 years. The more reasoned and balanced posts on this thread help lift the despair.
Unfortunately our club suffers from a sizeable group of supporters whose attitude seems more akin to Trump and his proud boys, or the worst of Twitter trolling, than civilised debate.
I can understand that many will feel that the management team should be replaced. The individuals in that team have families - parents, wives and kids. How would each of us feel if our boss called us in and poured such bile over our heads on a weekly basis and did so on a public platform.

Calm down, nobody is blaming the players, as far as I can see. They have been badly managed. If my boss managed so badly, I would expect him to be shown the door.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The Lambert Outers on 12:02 - Feb 10 with 691 viewsCrawfordsboot

The Lambert Outers on 11:54 - Feb 10 by noggin

Calm down, nobody is blaming the players, as far as I can see. They have been badly managed. If my boss managed so badly, I would expect him to be shown the door.

I am not referring to the players as such, though many have certainly received a lot of the bile. I’m thinking anyone employed at the club including management.
Certainly managers can be, and frequently are, fired. That is not my point.
Are you suggesting that the bile directed at the management team is ok because it’s not directed at the players?
The Lambert Outers on 12:10 - Feb 10 with 661 viewsnoggin

The Lambert Outers on 12:02 - Feb 10 by Crawfordsboot

I am not referring to the players as such, though many have certainly received a lot of the bile. I’m thinking anyone employed at the club including management.
Are you suggesting that the bile directed at the management team is ok because it’s not directed at the players?

What bile? This is football so a certain amount of tutting is to be expected, no?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The Lambert Outers on 12:12 - Feb 10 with 655 viewspointofblue

The Lambert Outers on 12:02 - Feb 10 by Crawfordsboot

Criticism is fine; bile is not. From what I’ve seen most of the posts are criticism at the shambolic leadership of the club, both on and off the pitch.

We have a situation where the manager decides against attending press conferences where he is required to talk about Ipswich but is perfectly happy to go on record about the situation at other clubs. That, to me, is completely unacceptable.

We have a situation where, on paper, one of the strongest squads in the league is floundering in mid table because of ‘on pitch’ mismanagement which has occurred under the current incumbent since November 2018. That, to me, is completely unacceptable.

We have a situation where the owner, despite words to the contrary, seems perfectly happy for this to develop, resulting in a club with the potential to at least be competitive in the Championship to instead become bogged down where it shouldn’t. That, to me, is unacceptable.

The decision making at Ipswich Town Football Club since before Mick left has been horrific and something needs to give if we do not want the club to fold. I am not being melodramatic when saying that as, if the supporters decide enough is enough, then there will be no reason for Marcus Evans to keep putting money into a company which no one cares exists. But the lack of care actually starts at the very top.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024