Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? 13:49 - Jul 7 with 2301 viewsRobTheMonk

The past few years we've seen the likes of Wolfie, Downes, Dozzell and Lankaster (albeit, fleetingly) massively involved in the first team.
More peripherally, we've seen Dobra, El Miz and McGavin used on the odd occasion.
And of course we've got Nydam coming back from injury.

Who's going to break through next season?
Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 13:52 - Jul 7 with 2277 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra and El Mixouni are those pushing the hardest to come through, assuming we consider Lankester as already a first teamer.

A big year for Folami, Morris and Nydam who are all really needing to do something this year or going to be released.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 13:54 - Jul 7 with 2262 viewsRobTheMonk

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 13:52 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

Dobra and El Mixouni are those pushing the hardest to come through, assuming we consider Lankester as already a first teamer.

A big year for Folami, Morris and Nydam who are all really needing to do something this year or going to be released.

Morris reminds me a little of Ronan Murray. Always seems to play alright but something just seems to be missing.

+ injuries have not helped.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 13:54]
Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 14:02 - Jul 7 with 2212 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 13:52 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

What's the view on Tyreece Simpson?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 14:30 - Jul 7 with 2152 viewsitfcjoe

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 14:02 - Jul 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

What's the view on Tyreece Simpson?

Came on a lot last season, but still looks some way off to me - he's physically excellent but not sure football brain and touch is quite there yet, unsurprsingly as not been in academy all the way through.

Is one that may get extra chances because of physicality as is able to look after himself - if he's utilised the break well on football side of things amy be a bit of a surprise packet

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 14:40 - Jul 7 with 2118 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Is Crowe still about?
Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 14:48 - Jul 7 with 2104 viewsWallingford_Boy

Ben Morris could be the one to watch next season.

Proper goalscorer.

RIP Sir Bobby

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 14:50 - Jul 7 with 2096 viewsLibero

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 14:48 - Jul 7 by Wallingford_Boy

Ben Morris could be the one to watch next season.

Proper goalscorer.

Is he? I don't recall his record being anything spectacular, feel free to correct me, it's been a while since I checked.
Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:15 - Jul 7 with 2011 viewsWallingford_Boy

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 14:50 - Jul 7 by Libero

Is he? I don't recall his record being anything spectacular, feel free to correct me, it's been a while since I checked.

Well he's hardly played at senior level, but for the reserves he was scoring most weeks.

And still only just 21.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:21 - Jul 7 with 1980 viewsLibero

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:15 - Jul 7 by Wallingford_Boy

Well he's hardly played at senior level, but for the reserves he was scoring most weeks.

And still only just 21.

Can any one provide me with some statistics?

I've been unimpressed with the very limited amount that I have seen of him, I know he was considered a bit of a talent though and was involved at one point with England youth sides.
Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:55 - Jul 7 with 1907 viewsitfcjoe

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:21 - Jul 7 by Libero

I've been unimpressed with the very limited amount that I have seen of him, I know he was considered a bit of a talent though and was involved at one point with England youth sides.

Got a good goalscoring record at 18s and 23s level, and can play all along the front 3, would be well used as a wide forward if he gets the chance.

Was apparently flying when he returned from injury and a prospective loan move was pulled as thought he might be needed

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:58 - Jul 7 with 1884 viewsCoco

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:21 - Jul 7 by Libero

He, like Woolf did well in the brief cameo v Blackburn in Hurst's first game before being shuttled out for Donacien and Harrison. He looked really sharp and direct but who really knows if he can step up. sometimes it's a player who you least expect that make the jump. Injuries may have ruined a lot of out young talent. Morris, Lankester, Folami, Dozz, Nydam and Bish may never reach early potential.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:59 - Jul 7 with 1881 viewsMullet

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 14:40 - Jul 7 by BtreeBlueBlood

Is Crowe still about?

Just been released by PNE!

Unless you mean Dylan. he's been injured has he not?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:59 - Jul 7 with 1880 viewsLibero

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:55 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

Got a good goalscoring record at 18s and 23s level, and can play all along the front 3, would be well used as a wide forward if he gets the chance.

Was apparently flying when he returned from injury and a prospective loan move was pulled as thought he might be needed

Cheers for that Joe, I don't really take much notice of goals for U23's which is maybe a little bit harsh but if he was somewhat prolific at U18's level that's interesting.

Assumed there must have been more to him than I've seen as he was involved with England youth set up.
Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 16:08 - Jul 7 with 1845 viewsitfcjoe

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:59 - Jul 7 by Libero

Cheers for that Joe, I don't really take much notice of goals for U23's which is maybe a little bit harsh but if he was somewhat prolific at U18's level that's interesting.

Assumed there must have been more to him than I've seen as he was involved with England youth set up.

Without being too deferential to England, anyone who can consistently get in their squads is generally a very good player with all the fundamentals in place to kick on - their Talent ID over recent years has been very good.

They may not always be the ones that push on, but to consistently get selected which BM did tells a big story - was in the squads with Chalobah, Mason Mount, Reiss Nelson, etc so not exactly a poor crop

But bad loan moves and bad luck with injuries can kill a career - but every chance he comes into pre season firing - I know the senior players wanted him to be given an opportunity around the lockdown finishing the season as thought he could give us something different

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 16:09 - Jul 7 with 1830 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 15:59 - Jul 7 by Mullet

Just been released by PNE!

Unless you mean Dylan. he's been injured has he not?

Maybe I saw his name continuing but not the same guy.
Good full back?
Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 22:26 - Jul 7 with 1554 viewstractorboy1978

Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 16:08 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

Without being too deferential to England, anyone who can consistently get in their squads is generally a very good player with all the fundamentals in place to kick on - their Talent ID over recent years has been very good.

They may not always be the ones that push on, but to consistently get selected which BM did tells a big story - was in the squads with Chalobah, Mason Mount, Reiss Nelson, etc so not exactly a poor crop

But bad loan moves and bad luck with injuries can kill a career - but every chance he comes into pre season firing - I know the senior players wanted him to be given an opportunity around the lockdown finishing the season as thought he could give us something different

It's typical of us/our luck that both he and Dozzell sustained serious injuries before they could get going and start to try and make a proper impact.
Youngsters breaking through - Next in line? on 00:02 - Jul 8 with 1452 viewsrickw

Yeah again I'd say Morris, when I've seen him playing for the youth teams he's just looked like a natural goalscorer - and I don't think we have any others at the club....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024