Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) 10:15 - Jul 14 with 1275 viewstractorboy1978

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 10:17 - Jul 14 with 1270 viewsJ2BLUE

They couldn't make a decision about the end of the season because clubs disagreed. They need to make a decision about the start of next season without the pathetic dithering.

The season needs to start. The smaller clubs got their way with the end of the season. We can't just stop playing until the smallest club in the division is happy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 10:24 - Jul 14 with 1240 viewsPhilTWTD

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 10:17 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

They couldn't make a decision about the end of the season because clubs disagreed. They need to make a decision about the start of next season without the pathetic dithering.

The season needs to start. The smaller clubs got their way with the end of the season. We can't just stop playing until the smallest club in the division is happy.

Not sure it's the clubs that are the issue this time, it's more agreeing with the other authorities. The EFL wants to play both its cup competitions and I'm guessing the Premier League sees the League Cup as one that can be at the very least tweaked to reduce the number of games which have to be played.
How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 10:26 - Jul 14 with 1225 viewstractorboy1978

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 10:17 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

Clubs cannot mothball forever. Furlough is now being wound down and they are going to have to pay players and staff (or make very difficult decisions) anyway. The EFL needs to set a date so everyone knows what they are working to and clubs can make contingencies.
How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 10:39 - Jul 14 with 1179 viewsPinewoodblue

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 10:24 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

Not sure it's the clubs that are the issue this time, it's more agreeing with the other authorities. The EFL wants to play both its cup competitions and I'm guessing the Premier League sees the League Cup as one that can be at the very least tweaked to reduce the number of games which have to be played.

Don’t EFL clubs have to show they have sufficient financial viability to see the season through, doubt if more than 50% of Leagues 1&2 Clubs could do that.

We could be heading for a major restructuring of all football leagues, we could even end up back in the second tier once the dust settles.

Edit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52986953
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 10:50]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 11:04 - Jul 14 with 1145 viewsPhilTWTD

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 10:39 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

Don’t EFL clubs have to show they have sufficient financial viability to see the season through, doubt if more than 50% of Leagues 1&2 Clubs could do that.

We could be heading for a major restructuring of all football leagues, we could even end up back in the second tier once the dust settles.

Edit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52986953
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 10:50]

As Lee O'Neill said to me the other day, what's changed from the end of the season when clubs said they couldn't afford to stage games? Think that could prove an issue as you suggest. Ideally there will be some cash from somewhere to help clubs overcome the upcoming period, which I had heard was being discussed, but from what he said it's not something he's anticipating.

O'Neill: Clubs Could Struggle to Get Back Up and Running For New Season 10th Jul 2020 13:39
It’s hoped League One and League Two will start their 2020/21 seasons in September, however, Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says that as things stand some clubs are going to struggle financially to get back up and running for that proposed return to action. The Blues players have been told to expect to get back to training later this month. 6

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 11:09 - Jul 14 with 1134 viewsgiant_stow

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 11:04 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

As Lee O'Neill said to me the other day, what's changed from the end of the season when clubs said they couldn't afford to stage games? Think that could prove an issue as you suggest. Ideally there will be some cash from somewhere to help clubs overcome the upcoming period, which I had heard was being discussed, but from what he said it's not something he's anticipating.

O'Neill: Clubs Could Struggle to Get Back Up and Running For New Season 10th Jul 2020 13:39
It’s hoped League One and League Two will start their 2020/21 seasons in September, however, Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says that as things stand some clubs are going to struggle financially to get back up and running for that proposed return to action. The Blues players have been told to expect to get back to training later this month. 6

It wouldn;t cost the prem teams much to whipround to support the lower leagues, surely?

It would be in their interests if they think of the lower leagues as proving grounds for their young loanees.

pie in the sky, I spose, but it shouldn't be.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 11:11 - Jul 14 with 1125 viewsJ2BLUE

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 10:24 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

I stand corrected, cheers. That is good news.

Truly impaired.

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 12:06 - Jul 14 with 1065 viewsPinewoodblue

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 11:04 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

Le Havre entertained PSG in a pre-season friendly in front of 5,000 fans in a stadium with a capacity of 25,000. Perhaps home fans will be permitted to attend games once our season starts.

2023 year of destiny

Login to get fewer ads

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 12:12 - Jul 14 with 1054 viewsJDB23

Will there be the same rigorous testing expected at the end of August/early September? Surely that will be eased off which will reduce some of the costs associated with starting the season a few weeks back.
How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 12:28 - Jul 14 with 1019 viewsbournemouthblue

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 12:06 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

Le Havre entertained PSG in a pre-season friendly in front of 5,000 fans in a stadium with a capacity of 25,000. Perhaps home fans will be permitted to attend games once our season starts.

That's probably too early I suggest

We're in a luxury position of having plenty of space in our ground, I suppose the problem will be more about the walk ways to the seats, toilets, turnstiles etc

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 12:36 - Jul 14 with 990 viewsPhilTWTD

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 12:12 - Jul 14 by JDB23

Will there be the same rigorous testing expected at the end of August/early September? Surely that will be eased off which will reduce some of the costs associated with starting the season a few weeks back.

He did suggest that might be the case and that will reduce the impact. However, they're still going to be in a position where they've little or no money coming in as attendances - if there are fans there at all - will be very limited.
How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 12:38 - Jul 14 with 978 viewsPhilTWTD

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 12:06 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

That's not going to bring in too much additional cash if the same were permitted here. In Town's case, for example, a fifth of the ground is around 6,000 which isn't enough to accommodate all the season ticket holders so no new cash would come in.
How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 14:58 - Jul 14 with 850 viewsPinewoodblue

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 12:38 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

That's not going to bring in too much additional cash if the same were permitted here. In Town's case, for example, a fifth of the ground is around 6,000 which isn't enough to accommodate all the season ticket holders so no new cash would come in.

Would ensure season ticket holders kept their monthly payments up and bring in some revenue. Would also, presumably, be revenue from those who watch online.

2023 year of destiny

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 15:01 - Jul 14 with 836 viewsITFC_Forever

And that was always going to be the case as soon as clubs voted to end this season, they have a clear path to delay the start of the new one.

Their trouble will be that come October, furlough will have finished and they'll be stuck with players wages to pay with no income.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 15:01 - Jul 14 with 836 viewsPhilTWTD

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 14:58 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

Would ensure season ticket holders kept their monthly payments up and bring in some revenue. Would also, presumably, be revenue from those who watch online.

That is true but I assume they will have taken that season ticket revenue as read. However, it obviously means they wouldn't have to pay it back or offer further voucher schemes. But there would be no new money aside from iFollow but that's probably not going to get anywhere near what they'd bring in in normal circumstances.
How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 18:25 - Jul 14 with 764 viewsJ2BLUE

How difficult is it for the EFL to set a new season start date? (n/t) on 15:01 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

That is true but I assume they will have taken that season ticket revenue as read. However, it obviously means they wouldn't have to pay it back or offer further voucher schemes. But there would be no new money aside from iFollow but that's probably not going to get anywhere near what they'd bring in in normal circumstances.

It might be a good idea to ask what fans could do to inject some money into the club. They must have some bit of tat with a massive mark up that we could all buy.

We could get Blubfish one of those Lambert posters.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024