Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot 16:32 - Jul 17 with 3155 viewsIllinoisblue

And the fallout from the World Cup of c#^**% it’s clear the new season can’t start soon enough to give everyone something football related to argue about. Long hot summer ahead

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 22:28 - Jul 17 with 833 viewsBluefish

The bit that confuses me is how thee people manage to be so clueless about ITFC. Some of the loudest voices pushed for Mick and Jim out and haven't had the decency to just be honest about howbl badly they got it wrong. I haven't seen any of them using the platform to highlight where Shambert was getting it badly wrong until it was too late. Why would anyone want to spend their time listening to it if it doesn't give you any sort of decent insight?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 22:40 - Jul 17 with 812 viewsMattinLondon

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 22:28 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

The bit that confuses me is how thee people manage to be so clueless about ITFC. Some of the loudest voices pushed for Mick and Jim out and haven't had the decency to just be honest about howbl badly they got it wrong. I haven't seen any of them using the platform to highlight where Shambert was getting it badly wrong until it was too late. Why would anyone want to spend their time listening to it if it doesn't give you any sort of decent insight?

Roughly translated - I only want to listen to people who agree with me.
With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 22:42 - Jul 17 with 804 viewsBluefish

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 22:40 - Jul 17 by MattinLondon

Roughly translated - I only want to listen to people who agree with me.

People are often jealous of how i manage to see the game and never be wrong but this just shows how that isnt always easy for me, I don't have people to chuck on a podcast and learn from when I'm driving in my car. As they say you never want to be the most intelligent person in the room

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 22:45 - Jul 17 with 805 viewsSpruceMoose

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 22:42 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

People are often jealous of how i manage to see the game and never be wrong but this just shows how that isnt always easy for me, I don't have people to chuck on a podcast and learn from when I'm driving in my car. As they say you never want to be the most intelligent person in the room

I don't think you ever have any concerns there matey!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 22:49 - Jul 17 with 796 viewsBluefish

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 22:45 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

I don't think you ever have any concerns there matey!

Be honest, no one has ever been close to getting it as spot on as me on itfc. Sometimes I just wish I could get it wrong to not have to carry the pressure. If I started a podcast the others would have to close down, luckily for them and you lot I just stick to giving it away on here

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 23:13 - Jul 17 with 783 viewssyntaxerror

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 22:28 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Agenda Agenda Agenda

We were not happy with Mick. What we got was worse.
We have no one to blame.
Fan pressure pushed Mick out. If the stars had aligned, and Hurst been better than he ended up being, we might have been Leeds now. Lambert might have been able to keep us in the Championship. He didn't.
Jim or Joe might have got us back up one day. GB too...
Football is football.. as depressing as that is right now.
With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 02:20 - Jul 18 with 741 viewsIllinoisblue

One of them got a bit uppity the other day when I asked how many downloads their podcasts got. Admire their enthusiasm but such is the saturation of ITFC content I suspect it’s pretty much the pod producers listening to themselves.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 02:33 - Jul 18 with 734 viewsSpruceMoose

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 02:20 - Jul 18 by Illinoisblue

One of them got a bit uppity the other day when I asked how many downloads their podcasts got. Admire their enthusiasm but such is the saturation of ITFC content I suspect it’s pretty much the pod producers listening to themselves.

If I wanted to know what a blowhard knownothing thinks about ITFC I'd just ask myself!

As far as I'm concerned, the only ITFC coverage I need comes via the lovely Phil.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 07:52 - Jul 18 with 692 viewsMullet

Literally the day before they wrote a tweet tagging all the Blue Monday lot in trying to get a rise.

They'd clearly gone after the EADt pod too, and called one of those lads not a proper Town fan (I'm assuming they meant Watson but didn't dare say it). Surprise, surprise it turns out this is all since Bedsheet got involved. The bloke tried to be a face years ago and caused some of the biggest damage amongst the fanbase and to the club with his Magilton abuse.

He's spent the Mick years trying to do the same but being laughed at and obviously realised that this podcast is his chance to make it all about him and his "true fan" fantasy. Hopefully enough people remember that to ignore him.

That World Cup thing was conveniently timed to show up their hypocrisy though. I kind of feel to have someone on who is clearly quite damaged by the abuse and antagonism on there who contributes to both pods they were slating the day before is another attempt to get a bit of attention.

I'm guessing they are the runt of the litter given the relatively small market for ITFC stuff and that's with young lads doing the Arsenal TV type stuff giving up. So presumably they thought this little plan of theirs would help them grow. The fact this World Cup stuff has just resulted in more bickering amongst them and a handful of lads is pretty tragic.

It's a shame as one of them comes across as a nice enough bloke on twitter too, and whatever fun he had doing it will see it sunk by Bedsheet no doubt. Being "opinionated" and "say it to my face" makes the whole preaching stuff a bit hollow when you won't own your past.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 08:18 - Jul 18 with 673 viewsbluesym

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 07:52 - Jul 18 by Mullet

Literally the day before they wrote a tweet tagging all the Blue Monday lot in trying to get a rise.

They'd clearly gone after the EADt pod too, and called one of those lads not a proper Town fan (I'm assuming they meant Watson but didn't dare say it). Surprise, surprise it turns out this is all since Bedsheet got involved. The bloke tried to be a face years ago and caused some of the biggest damage amongst the fanbase and to the club with his Magilton abuse.

He's spent the Mick years trying to do the same but being laughed at and obviously realised that this podcast is his chance to make it all about him and his "true fan" fantasy. Hopefully enough people remember that to ignore him.

That World Cup thing was conveniently timed to show up their hypocrisy though. I kind of feel to have someone on who is clearly quite damaged by the abuse and antagonism on there who contributes to both pods they were slating the day before is another attempt to get a bit of attention.

I'm guessing they are the runt of the litter given the relatively small market for ITFC stuff and that's with young lads doing the Arsenal TV type stuff giving up. So presumably they thought this little plan of theirs would help them grow. The fact this World Cup stuff has just resulted in more bickering amongst them and a handful of lads is pretty tragic.

It's a shame as one of them comes across as a nice enough bloke on twitter too, and whatever fun he had doing it will see it sunk by Bedsheet no doubt. Being "opinionated" and "say it to my face" makes the whole preaching stuff a bit hollow when you won't own your past.

Ricky Gervais once said - 'If people dont like hearing the word c#nt, they would hear it less often if they stopped acting like one' ... He couldnt be more right.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 08:37 - Jul 18 with 648 viewsMullet

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 08:18 - Jul 18 by bluesym

Ricky Gervais once said - 'If people dont like hearing the word c#nt, they would hear it less often if they stopped acting like one' ... He couldnt be more right.

True, but there were people on that list who did nothing wrong. It just seemed like a bunch of kids from the little I saw of it, who then bottled it when it got out of hand.

If it'd been a Whatsapp group, no real harm done but the way they targeted women and stuff was off and showed them up. What calling someone like that unprovoked does is beyond me really, there's no other outcome than a negative one is there?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 16:17 - Jul 18 with 552 viewsSuperCoops

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 08:37 - Jul 18 by Mullet

True, but there were people on that list who did nothing wrong. It just seemed like a bunch of kids from the little I saw of it, who then bottled it when it got out of hand.

If it'd been a Whatsapp group, no real harm done but the way they targeted women and stuff was off and showed them up. What calling someone like that unprovoked does is beyond me really, there's no other outcome than a negative one is there?

Have to say, I didn't recognise some of the names on the list, but I was very perplexed that Jade was included. Follow her on Twitter and she comes across as really nice and has done an amazing job supporting her Dad through his illness.
With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 16:45 - Jul 18 with 525 viewsSpruceMoose

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 16:17 - Jul 18 by SuperCoops

Have to say, I didn't recognise some of the names on the list, but I was very perplexed that Jade was included. Follow her on Twitter and she comes across as really nice and has done an amazing job supporting her Dad through his illness.

Spotty internet dweebs being horrible to women because they are socially awkward runts is sadly not a rarity.

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 20:13 - Jul 20 with 403 viewsRyorry

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 21:30 - Jul 17 by Ryorry

I guess you're right about the Eng Lang thing, but there's a v. good translate facility on it, & of course many have English as a second language, so it's still disappointing not to hear more from those 2 countries in particular.

Surprised you don't see many European views tho - a lot of those I follow anyway (both Brits & non-Brits) are naturally pro-EU & anti-Brexit, & pull in a lot of contributions from several European countries.

Your middle para is spot on. To me it's like the Beeb's 'From Our Own Correspondent', but in wagonloads from thousands of different individuals instead of in teacupfuls now & then from one reporter. There's nothing like hearing it from those most involved on the ground.

Just did a search (actually to find Gainsborough a 5-day holiday spot without internet access, starting Friday!) & came across this. It was written in Sept last year but still explains a lot -

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/lists/the-last-places-on-earth-with-no-intern

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024