Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go and get the Cowley brothers! 09:07 - Jul 20 with 4756 viewsrugbytomc

Did anyone else see Huddersfield sacked the Cowley brothers yesterday after guiding then from 23rd to 18th and safety?! Did we miss a trick not getting them before from Lincoln? I say Marcus should go and get them right now before someone else does!

Blog: We Should Encourage the Club and the League to Stream All Games

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 09:18 - Jul 20 with 3709 viewsBloomBlue

It will be interesting to see where they go next, clearly a lot of clubs are put off by their route one style what some call 'dinosaur' football, but credit to them for what they achieved at Huddersfield as I thought they would be relegated
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 09:24 - Jul 20 with 3694 viewsoneoffposter

Would be a strange appointment despite the good track record for 2 reasons:

1. We chased out Mick for his style of percentage football - the term get it forward early applies even more so to the Cowley brothers

2. For loads of reasons we are looking to the academy to provide players more than ever and the whole ethos created by Klug is the modern ‘pass pass pass’ style.
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 09:31 - Jul 20 with 3659 viewsROKERITE

In answer to your first question - yes, there is a thread about it.
In answer to your second question - yes.
I agree entirely with your last suggestion. I think the Huddersfield owner made a stupid decision yesterday which he and Huddersfield supporters will rue for many a day. There is a great opportunity for Ipswich to bring in an outstanding young management team. They're Essex men so geography is on your side. You're at your lowest point since the 1950's so it's a great opportunity for them to really make their names with a promotion or two in the next four or five years.
I wish my club was in a position to go for them but we aren't; you are!
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 09:54 - Jul 20 with 3594 viewsmidastouch

Nigel Pearson would be better but I doubt he'd want to piddle about in League One with such a lightweight budget to work with.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 09:56 - Jul 20 with 3580 viewsHerbivore

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 09:54 - Jul 20 by midastouch

Nigel Pearson would be better but I doubt he'd want to piddle about in League One with such a lightweight budget to work with.

He's also one of the biggest kunts in football so regardless of his decent record I'd be reluctant to have him here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:02 - Jul 20 with 3558 viewsrugbytomc

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 09:24 - Jul 20 by oneoffposter

Would be a strange appointment despite the good track record for 2 reasons:

1. We chased out Mick for his style of percentage football - the term get it forward early applies even more so to the Cowley brothers

2. For loads of reasons we are looking to the academy to provide players more than ever and the whole ethos created by Klug is the modern ‘pass pass pass’ style.

We've been told for years that the academy style should mirror the first team - but actually the first team has been all over the place style wise and I can't think of when it has ever been like the academy.
We NEED to get out of this division. Leeds used Simon Grayson to get out of it then needed Bielsa (and a tonne of money!) to get them out of the championship. It's horses for courses - we need a manager/squad to get us up - I think the Cowleys would do that. Not saying they would ever lead us to the prem. At least they have a style and are consistent - which is more than I can say for Lambert

Blog: We Should Encourage the Club and the League to Stream All Games

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:08 - Jul 20 with 3528 viewsmidastouch

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 09:56 - Jul 20 by Herbivore

He's also one of the biggest kunts in football so regardless of his decent record I'd be reluctant to have him here.

He's a big pussy cat really lol!

What I like about him is he can come in and get more out of the existing squad without making massive changes in personnel. But I hear what you're saying, he does come with a questionable temperament! I don't think he'd be attracted to us in any case. Personally I'm not particularly keen on the Cowley brothers. I don't think they would do any worse than Lambert but I think there are better options out there.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 10:09]

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:12 - Jul 20 with 3491 viewsitfcjoe

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:08 - Jul 20 by midastouch

He's a big pussy cat really lol!

What I like about him is he can come in and get more out of the existing squad without making massive changes in personnel. But I hear what you're saying, he does come with a questionable temperament! I don't think he'd be attracted to us in any case. Personally I'm not particularly keen on the Cowley brothers. I don't think they would do any worse than Lambert but I think there are better options out there.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 10:09]

We are stuck with Lambert for the start of next season, no matter the options out there

We just have to hope he has had an epiphany over this break

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:51 - Jul 20 with 3389 viewsLibero

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 09:54 - Jul 20 by midastouch

Nigel Pearson was the last manager I wanted at Ipswich Town who doesn't already have an Ipswich Town connection, I think that was pre-McCarthy? I can't remember tbh, I know post McCarthy I wanted Burley or Mowbray.

Nigel Pearson's sister and her family do live in Suffolk though, wife went to School with his nephew, he's a good egg.
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:21 - Jul 20 with 3338 viewsmidastouch

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:51 - Jul 20 by Libero

Nigel Pearson was the last manager I wanted at Ipswich Town who doesn't already have an Ipswich Town connection, I think that was pre-McCarthy? I can't remember tbh, I know post McCarthy I wanted Burley or Mowbray.

Nigel Pearson's sister and her family do live in Suffolk though, wife went to School with his nephew, he's a good egg.

I was much more keen on Burley than Hurst as well. Burley's piece in the EADT at the time ticked all the boxes for me.

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 12:46 - Jul 20 with 3218 viewsBlueBadger

No. Just no.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 12:49 - Jul 20 with 3210 viewsSuperCoops

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:51 - Jul 20 by Libero

Pearson, no thanks.

Cowley, hell no.
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 12:51 - Jul 20 with 3201 viewsLibero

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 12:49 - Jul 20 by SuperCoops

Pearson, no thanks.

Cowley, hell no.

Well, in a dream world it'd be George Burley or Tony Mowbray, but if we had to appoint someone without an Ipswich connection I think both Pearson and Cowley would be at the top of my list.

Person would understandably p1ss himself laughing if approached by us, he's out of our league.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 12:51]
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 13:15 - Jul 20 with 3157 viewsROKERITE

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 12:46 - Jul 20 by BlueBadger

No. Just no.

Why wouldn't you want the Cowleys? They are probably the brightest young management team around and have been successful wherever they have been. They've just succeeded in keeping a Huddersfield team up who were well on their way to "doing a Sunderland" before their arrival.
Hodgkinson, the Huddersfield owner, has done some other club a massive favour by sacking the Cowleys, a ridiculous act which he will almost certainly regret over the coming years. If Mr Evans were to bring the Cowleys to Portman Road it would be the start of the recovery of Ipswich Town. I cannot understand how any supporter wouldn't be excited by the prospect of their arrival.
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 13:27 - Jul 20 with 3116 viewsHerbivore

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 13:15 - Jul 20 by ROKERITE

Why wouldn't you want the Cowleys? They are probably the brightest young management team around and have been successful wherever they have been. They've just succeeded in keeping a Huddersfield team up who were well on their way to "doing a Sunderland" before their arrival.
Hodgkinson, the Huddersfield owner, has done some other club a massive favour by sacking the Cowleys, a ridiculous act which he will almost certainly regret over the coming years. If Mr Evans were to bring the Cowleys to Portman Road it would be the start of the recovery of Ipswich Town. I cannot understand how any supporter wouldn't be excited by the prospect of their arrival.

Because they play pretty horrible football. We've not been consistently entertained at PR for a few years now and the prospect of watching them lump it long and get amongst them isn't all that appealing at the moment.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 14:49 - Jul 20 with 3033 viewsrickw

I would want us to go for Karl Robinson, he nearly got Oxford promoted playing good passing football and not only no money, but in January they had to sell 2 of their best players - and they did even better!

His style would suit our players and give us the best chance on sustained success

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 14:51 - Jul 20 with 3023 viewsLibero

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 14:49 - Jul 20 by rickw

I would want us to go for Karl Robinson, he nearly got Oxford promoted playing good passing football and not only no money, but in January they had to sell 2 of their best players - and they did even better!

His style would suit our players and give us the best chance on sustained success

I'd genuinely rather Paul Lambert than Pound Shop Paul Jewell.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 14:51]
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 16:20 - Jul 20 with 2939 viewsWickets

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 09:18 - Jul 20 by BloomBlue

It will be interesting to see where they go next, clearly a lot of clubs are put off by their route one style what some call 'dinosaur' football, but credit to them for what they achieved at Huddersfield as I thought they would be relegated

And to be fair they do like to play on the front foot .A lot of Town fans would accept that more than one of our previous managers who ended up just soaking up pressure before hoofing it foward .But still i dont think i am too keen .
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 19:28 - Jul 20 with 2783 viewsBlueBadger

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 16:20 - Jul 20 by Wickets

And to be fair they do like to play on the front foot .A lot of Town fans would accept that more than one of our previous managers who ended up just soaking up pressure before hoofing it foward .But still i dont think i am too keen .

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 22:15 - Jul 20 with 2685 viewspointofblue

I wonder if they’ll go back to Lincoln? I’m sure they’d have them back in a heartbeat.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

AAAAARRRRGGGHHH on 23:33 - Jul 20 with 2590 viewsunstableblue

This club needs modern, progressive and technical management structures, strategies and a first team manager/coach to deliver that plan.

A primary goal objective in that strategy is attractive, attacking football, where at home we have the higher possession.

Cowleys no.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 23:55 - Jul 20 with 2574 viewsParisBlue

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 16:20 - Jul 20 by Wickets

Win a few games and get us challenging and I reckon the style of football will become less important.

There weren't too many complaints in 2014/15

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:13 - Jul 21 with 2439 viewsLibero

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 23:55 - Jul 20 by ParisBlue

Win a few games and get us challenging and I reckon the style of football will become less important.

There weren't too many complaints in 2014/15

This is it, for all the West Ham/Spurs style pontification around "style of football" you know full well that if we're winning it really doesn't matter.

Results>Entertainment

That's why I don't buy this whole thing where people compare football to a cinema or theater trip.
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 13:18 - Jul 21 with 2340 viewsBryanPlug

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 13:15 - Jul 20 by ROKERITE

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 14:51 - Jul 21 with 2274 viewsmidastouch

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 13:18 - Jul 21 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

And don't forget about all the marvellous cup runs over the same period! :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024