Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Howe gone 21:12 - Aug 1 with 2344 viewsStenvict

Unfortunate...

Poll: What will be announced first?

Eddie Howe gone on 08:17 - Aug 2 with 405 viewsGlasgowBlue

Evidence??

"History is made, sadly, by people who are bystanders and do nothing. Their inaction is an excuse and a cover for intolerance".
Poll: The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eddie Howe gone on 11:04 - Aug 2 with 314 viewshampstead_blue

Unreal.

That man gave them the world on a stick.
One bad season doth not make him wrong you know.

Let him tweak and rebuild.

Short termism smells

Poll: What will get us first?

Eddie Howe gone on 11:15 - Aug 2 with 297 viewsm14_blue

Eddie Howe gone on 11:04 - Aug 2 by hampstead_blue

Unreal.

That man gave them the world on a stick.
One bad season doth not make him wrong you know.

Let him tweak and rebuild.

Short termism smells

I don't think he was sacked tbf, sounds like a genuinely mutual decision.
Eddie Howe gone on 12:58 - Aug 2 with 273 viewsWD19

Eddie Howe gone on 22:42 - Aug 1 by Illinoisblue

They have spent a LOT of money for average players but 80% wage to turnover ratio sounds fairly prudent compared to other clubs.

I reckon he has just piloted a team that should be nowhere near the bottom to relegation and then walked out.
Eddie Howe gone on 16:11 - Aug 2 with 235 viewsWeWereZombies

Eddie Howe gone on 22:28 - Aug 1 by tractordownsouth

West Ham or Palace is my guess. Can't see Moyes or Hodgson lasting till the end of next season and Everton/Wolves/Leicester won't be making any managerial changes soon so a lower mid-table club is the best he'll be able to do for now.

I think Moyes will still be at West Ham if he can get them into or close to the top half of the table. They did seem to be a little evidence that he was turning them around and in Antonio they have a striker who is developing into a potent force now.

Poll: Why 'Fast Food Song' is more redolent of urban life than 'West End Girls'

Eddie Howe gone on 18:19 - Aug 2 with 192 viewspointofblue

Relegation has resulted in the scales fallen from some eyes, seemingly:

'Relegation is a huge blow for Bournemouth, and these are not the "plucky little Cherries" the romantics will sometimes talk about. That narrative is somewhat mythical.

Bournemouth are owned by a wealthy and ambitious Russian businessman - Maxim Demin.

Let's not forget this is the club that had to pay £4.75m to the Football League in July 2018 to settle a Financial Fair Play dispute arising from their promotion to the Premier League in 2014-15. They had originally been expected to be fined £7.6m after accruing a loss of £38.3m as they won the Championship.

The EFL settled on the lower figure saying the club "did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive".'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53628740

Poll: Which formation should we play moving forward?

Eddie Howe gone on 18:32 - Aug 2 with 182 viewsDennyx4

Eddie Howe gone on 18:19 - Aug 2 by pointofblue

Relegation has resulted in the scales fallen from some eyes, seemingly:

'Relegation is a huge blow for Bournemouth, and these are not the "plucky little Cherries" the romantics will sometimes talk about. That narrative is somewhat mythical.

Bournemouth are owned by a wealthy and ambitious Russian businessman - Maxim Demin.

Let's not forget this is the club that had to pay £4.75m to the Football League in July 2018 to settle a Financial Fair Play dispute arising from their promotion to the Premier League in 2014-15. They had originally been expected to be fined £7.6m after accruing a loss of £38.3m as they won the Championship.

The EFL settled on the lower figure saying the club "did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive".'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53628740

I am sure I read somewhere that Norwich lost £38m last season, when they got promoted from the Championship too.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020