Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Howe gone 21:12 - Aug 1 with 5295 viewsStenvict

Unfortunate...

Poll: What will be announced first?

Eddie Howe gone on 21:24 - Aug 1 with 4182 viewsKeno

Can’t say I’m surprised

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Eddie Howe gone on 21:27 - Aug 1 with 4160 viewsBlueNomad

Eddie Howe gone on 21:24 - Aug 1 by Keno

Can’t say I’m surprised

He seemed broken on Sunday evening and there were hints.
Eddie Howe gone on 21:28 - Aug 1 with 4155 viewsGeoffSentence

Marcus Evans lives i Sandbanks, which is basically the end of Bournemouth Beach. Obs ME has tapped him up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Eddie Howe gone on 21:29 - Aug 1 with 4137 viewsGuthrum

Wonder where he'll go? Seems to have only been really successful (and happy) at Bournemouth. Also wonder if the club will soon be yearning for that kind of long-term managerial stabiltiy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Eddie Howe gone on 21:33 - Aug 1 with 4102 viewsitfc_bucks

I hope that tinpot outfit just f*cking vanish back down the league.
Eddie Howe gone on 21:38 - Aug 1 with 4071 viewsCokeIsKey

Eddie Howe gone on 21:28 - Aug 1 by GeoffSentence

Marcus Evans lives i Sandbanks, which is basically the end of Bournemouth Beach. Obs ME has tapped him up.

No chance while the Scottish log is in his throne.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Eddie Howe gone on 21:38 - Aug 1 with 4064 viewsElderGrizzly

Eddie Howe gone on 21:29 - Aug 1 by Guthrum

Wonder where he'll go? Seems to have only been really successful (and happy) at Bournemouth. Also wonder if the club will soon be yearning for that kind of long-term managerial stabiltiy.

Palace, Newcastle? Norwich 😳
Eddie Howe gone on 21:43 - Aug 1 with 4019 viewsGuthrum

Eddie Howe gone on 21:38 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

Palace, Newcastle? Norwich 😳

But would they end up like his stint at Burnley - less than two (not particularly successful) years and he was off back to the South Coast?

Not sure he'll get the tilt at a really top job which the media have been tipping him for over several seasons now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Howe gone on 21:52 - Aug 1 with 3947 viewsm14_blue

Bit of a shame it ended like this, he’s done an absolutely unbelievable job there.

If they don’t go straight back up next year I can see them fading back into obscurity fairly quickly.
Eddie Howe gone on 21:52 - Aug 1 with 3942 viewsPJH

Eddie Howe gone on 21:43 - Aug 1 by Guthrum

But would they end up like his stint at Burnley - less than two (not particularly successful) years and he was off back to the South Coast?

Not sure he'll get the tilt at a really top job which the media have been tipping him for over several seasons now.

and wherever he ends up a third stint at Bournemouth may not be out of the question in the future depending on how (no pun intended) they do without him.
Eddie Howe gone on 21:54 - Aug 1 with 3940 viewsEastTownBlue

Eddie Howe gone on 21:28 - Aug 1 by GeoffSentence

'Arry and Graeme Souness live at Sandbanks ...
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 21:55]
Eddie Howe gone on 22:00 - Aug 1 with 3899 viewsBryanPlug

Eddie Howe gone on 21:54 - Aug 1 by EastTownBlue

'Arry and Graeme Souness live at Sandbanks ...
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 21:55]

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Eddie Howe gone on 22:24 - Aug 1 with 3798 viewstractordownsouth

Not surprised. He still has just enough credit in the bank to get another top flight job after keeping Bournemouth up for a while and if he were to get them promoted again it would do little to enhance his reputation, whereas failure to finish in the top 6 would destory his top flight ambitions. Staying would have been a big risk with very little reward.

Having won 3 promotions, he's clearly talented , however I think he may struggle elsewhere as it may be an example of a manager and club suiting each other down to the ground. He also wasted vast sums on Jordon Ibe, Dominic Solanke and Lewis Grabban to name just a few during Bournemouth's Premier League stint, and another club may not have that patience. From 2015-19 they had the 11th highest net spend in Europe, more than Liverpool and Real Madrid.

https://www.football365.com/news/europes-biggest-net-spends-since-2015-bournemou
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 22:24]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Eddie Howe gone on 22:24 - Aug 1 with 3795 viewsLibero

Eddie Howe gone on 21:24 - Aug 1 by Keno

Can’t say I’m surprised

I am, I thought he was untouchable there!

Edit: unless he resigned? In which case he’s leaving before the sh1t hits the fan with his perceived reputation in tact.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 22:27]
Eddie Howe gone on 22:28 - Aug 1 with 3768 viewstractordownsouth

Eddie Howe gone on 21:29 - Aug 1 by Guthrum

West Ham or Palace is my guess. Can't see Moyes or Hodgson lasting till the end of next season and Everton/Wolves/Leicester won't be making any managerial changes soon so a lower mid-table club is the best he'll be able to do for now.

Eddie Howe gone on 22:30 - Aug 1 with 3752 viewstractordownsouth

Eddie Howe gone on 21:52 - Aug 1 by m14_blue

Bit of a shame it ended like this, he’s done an absolutely unbelievable job there.

If they don’t go straight back up next year I can see them fading back into obscurity fairly quickly.

They're f*cked financially - they've been spending vast amounts on fees and have a wage to turnover ratio of over 80%. If Demin gets bored and they fail to go back up, they could be Championship also-rans for a while, or even worse.

Eddie Howe gone on 22:42 - Aug 1 with 3695 viewsIllinoisblue

Eddie Howe gone on 22:30 - Aug 1 by tractordownsouth

They're f*cked financially - they've been spending vast amounts on fees and have a wage to turnover ratio of over 80%. If Demin gets bored and they fail to go back up, they could be Championship also-rans for a while, or even worse.

They have spent a LOT of money for average players but 80% wage to turnover ratio sounds fairly prudent compared to other clubs.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Eddie Howe gone on 22:45 - Aug 1 with 3686 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Eddie Howe gone on 22:49 - Aug 1 with 3672 viewsMelford

He's only 42. If he does a Colin or Roy he could have another 30 years as manager. It would probably do him good to take a year out like Pep did after Barca and go to other training grounds as an observer and take it in. Wherever he goes next he will have to defend better than this Bournemouth team have and I don't know if he was in charge of signing players there but the last couple of years they have spunked a load of money up the wall on crap players.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Eddie Howe gone on 22:53 - Aug 1 with 3656 viewstractordownsouth

Eddie Howe gone on 22:42 - Aug 1 by Illinoisblue

They have spent a LOT of money for average players but 80% wage to turnover ratio sounds fairly prudent compared to other clubs.

It's the third highest in the PL - the two with higher are Everton and Leicester, neither of whom are ever likely to be in danger of relegation in the near future. Considering the huge TV deals, spending 80% of that on wages, as well as fees on top, seems fairly reckless.

Eddie Howe gone on 23:27 - Aug 1 with 3597 viewsMelford

Eddie Howe gone on 22:53 - Aug 1 by tractordownsouth

It's the third highest in the PL - the two with higher are Everton and Leicester, neither of whom are ever likely to be in danger of relegation in the near future. Considering the huge TV deals, spending 80% of that on wages, as well as fees on top, seems fairly reckless.

So many people have bought into the 'plucky little Bournemouth, he worked wonders with no money' BS. I read the Guardian article of this when it hit and there's so many in the comments spouting it. They got out of the Championship same year we got play-offs by massively overspending on FFP.
They spent a collective £26 million on Jordan Ibe and Dominic Solanke from Liverpool. Ker-ching. Liverpool take all the best from Southampton, then make their money back further west down the south coast.
Solanke 32 games 3 goals this season, Ibe 2 games all season and zero goals.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

(No subject) on 00:00 - Aug 2 with 3513 viewsSeablu

Eddie Howe gone on 21:27 - Aug 1 by BlueNomad

He seemed broken on Sunday evening and there were hints.

Did anyone ever see Sparksy & Howesy in the same room together?
Two Bournemouth legends gone in the same week?
It’s fishy I tell ya...
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 0:18]
Eddie Howe gone on 00:28 - Aug 2 with 3449 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Was pretty obviously on the cards from the comments post-relegation

Not a surprise either given they look to be pretty f*cked - Bournemouth are going to be heading downhill and he’s got out with most of his reputation in tact

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Eddie Howe gone on 00:29 - Aug 2 with 3440 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Eddie Howe gone on 22:24 - Aug 1 by tractordownsouth

Not surprised. He still has just enough credit in the bank to get another top flight job after keeping Bournemouth up for a while and if he were to get them promoted again it would do little to enhance his reputation, whereas failure to finish in the top 6 would destory his top flight ambitions. Staying would have been a big risk with very little reward.

Having won 3 promotions, he's clearly talented , however I think he may struggle elsewhere as it may be an example of a manager and club suiting each other down to the ground. He also wasted vast sums on Jordon Ibe, Dominic Solanke and Lewis Grabban to name just a few during Bournemouth's Premier League stint, and another club may not have that patience. From 2015-19 they had the 11th highest net spend in Europe, more than Liverpool and Real Madrid.

https://www.football365.com/news/europes-biggest-net-spends-since-2015-bournemou
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 22:24]

Yes but it was a fairytale and they were competing on scant resources don’t you know

Eddie Howe gone on 00:33 - Aug 2 with 3432 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Eddie Howe gone on 22:53 - Aug 1 by tractordownsouth

88% of their income also came from TV money which will now be slashed. They also owe £80m+ on transfer fees

Whoops

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024