Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity 13:06 - Aug 14 with 5755 viewsMaySixth

sometimes I watched him and I thought he was pretty decent, sometimes not so good but not as bad as I thought most people make out

on reflection he is probably a good League 2 player

be a real bonus if he can improve this season, definite confidence player

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:07 - Aug 14 with 4471 viewsLibero

I'm not sure that's a fair thing to say, he was a regular part of our defence last season when it was at our strongest.

I'm not giving up hope on him, but when someone the other day mentioned he's 24 I must admit I thought he was a little younger than that.
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:10 - Aug 14 with 4457 viewsgeg1992

I am of the opinion that if he stayed a Left back, and Garbutt stayed in a more advanced position, we'd be in a much better position than we are now. Although he seems to have mistakes in him as he definitely lacks confidence, the player stats that I saw going around a while back actually had him as one of the best left backs in the league.

I know I will get massively slated for the above, but that's my opinion, I think he's better than people make out and easily enough for league one. Not enough for the champ for sure, but surely enough to get us promoted.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:12 - Aug 14 with 4440 viewsLibero

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:10 - Aug 14 by geg1992

I am of the opinion that if he stayed a Left back, and Garbutt stayed in a more advanced position, we'd be in a much better position than we are now. Although he seems to have mistakes in him as he definitely lacks confidence, the player stats that I saw going around a while back actually had him as one of the best left backs in the league.

I know I will get massively slated for the above, but that's my opinion, I think he's better than people make out and easily enough for league one. Not enough for the champ for sure, but surely enough to get us promoted.

I like Garbutt and would welcome him back here, just can't see us paying what he wants.
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:21 - Aug 14 with 4379 viewsericclacton

I still believe Myles Kenlock will be our regular full back eventually.

but i do understand why other posters are not rating him.

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:23 - Aug 14 with 4373 viewsdavblue

He doesn't look like a natural footballer to me.

His technique when kicking the ball looks like a real struggle, his athleticism it looks like he's running with him dragging a tyre behind him.

He's not good enough for us , no where near it.
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:23 - Aug 14 with 4352 viewsHerbivore

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:07 - Aug 14 by Libero

I'm not sure that's a fair thing to say, he was a regular part of our defence last season when it was at our strongest.

I'm not giving up hope on him, but when someone the other day mentioned he's 24 I must admit I thought he was a little younger than that.

Think he made his debut at 17 as well so he's been around a while now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:26 - Aug 14 with 4334 viewsericclacton

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:23 - Aug 14 by davblue

He doesn't look like a natural footballer to me.

His technique when kicking the ball looks like a real struggle, his athleticism it looks like he's running with him dragging a tyre behind him.

He's not good enough for us , no where near it.

I have to admit he does perform with a strange gait, but whatever you do Dave don't lose your mind ooops sorry i meant to say don't lose faith.

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:29 - Aug 14 with 4327 viewsJohnny_Boy

On a similar - but slightly different tangent - was anyone else surprised to see Josh Emmanuel joining Hull on a free?

I always really wanted him to work out here.
Login to get fewer ads

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:29 - Aug 14 with 4314 viewsLibero

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:29 - Aug 14 by Johnny_Boy

On a similar - but slightly different tangent - was anyone else surprised to see Josh Emmanuel joining Hull on a free?

I love the idea that some considered him a worse option than Donacien, lol.
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:30 - Aug 14 with 4312 viewshomer_123

It's actually his positional play that lets him down more than anything.

I also suspect that his confidence has taken a lot of knocking now - not sure we'll see him 'progress'.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:35 - Aug 14 with 4282 viewsJohnny_Boy

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:29 - Aug 14 by Libero

I love the idea that some considered him a worse option than Donacien, lol.

Was he just not coached correctly here? He never really improved - not saying he wasn’t any good - but he just never kicked on in a Town shirt. Maybe he was just unlucky with managers & never being in their plans because he was never deemed to have the experience. He’s only 22. I hope he does well.

[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 13:37]
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:36 - Aug 14 with 4263 viewsLibero

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:35 - Aug 14 by Johnny_Boy

Was he just not coached correctly here? He never really improved - not saying he wasn’t any good - but he just never kicked on in a Town shirt. Maybe he was just unlucky with managers & never being in their plans because he was never deemed to have the experience. He’s only 22. I hope he does well.

[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 13:37]

He was solid, yet unspectacular.
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:39 - Aug 14 with 4255 viewsericclacton

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:30 - Aug 14 by homer_123

It's actually his positional play that lets him down more than anything.

I also suspect that his confidence has taken a lot of knocking now - not sure we'll see him 'progress'.

Oh i do hope your wrong. Have you noticed sometimes he will burst out of defense, plenty of pace too.

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:39 - Aug 14 with 4253 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:10 - Aug 14 by geg1992

In two years Myles Kenlock will not be playing in the Football League. He's pony.

The stat that we won more games with him in the side is nothing to do with him being in the team. It was largely at the start of the season when everyone was flying.

Gareth Bale didn't win in his first 24 games for Spurs or something silly but it wasn't because he holding them back. It was an anomaly.

Kenlock offers nothing. He's regularly beaten and left for dead, he's clumsy, his passing is poor, his tackling is poor, he runs like a newborn chick trying to work out how to run. What actual attributes does he have?

He is absolutely terrible and I really wish he wasn't. From what I gather he's a really nice lad and I'd have loved him to have cut it but he's miles off.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:44 - Aug 14 with 4230 viewsJohnny_Boy

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:36 - Aug 14 by Libero

If I was lucky enough to play professional football for a living, I’d gladly take that description.
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:45 - Aug 14 with 4222 viewsLibero

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:44 - Aug 14 by Johnny_Boy

If I was lucky enough to play professional football for a living, I’d gladly take that description.

Indeed, hardly an insult, is it!
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:50 - Aug 14 with 4192 viewsJohnny_Boy

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:45 - Aug 14 by Libero

Indeed, hardly an insult, is it!

Alternatively, Lightweight & Flashy does seem more of a dig.

But still attributes I’d happily take.
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:53 - Aug 14 with 4161 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Certainly not rated by Lambert it seems.

Seemingly in the surplus category along with Donacien and Nsiala it would seem.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:54 - Aug 14 with 4152 viewsericclacton

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:39 - Aug 14 by WarkTheWarkITFC

In two years Myles Kenlock will not be playing in the Football League. He's pony.

The stat that we won more games with him in the side is nothing to do with him being in the team. It was largely at the start of the season when everyone was flying.

Gareth Bale didn't win in his first 24 games for Spurs or something silly but it wasn't because he holding them back. It was an anomaly.

Kenlock offers nothing. He's regularly beaten and left for dead, he's clumsy, his passing is poor, his tackling is poor, he runs like a newborn chick trying to work out how to run. What actual attributes does he have?

He is absolutely terrible and I really wish he wasn't. From what I gather he's a really nice lad and I'd have loved him to have cut it but he's miles off.

Wark the Plank has just got up from his pit.

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 14:01 - Aug 14 with 4117 viewsRegencyBlue

Not consistent enough in my book.

He’s had opportunities to establish himself but as you say has never really taken them. If he was going to stake a claim to be first choice he would have done it by now, especially at our current level!
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 14:03 - Aug 14 with 4107 viewsEdmundo

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:29 - Aug 14 by Johnny_Boy

Like a lot of players, Josh didn't work out here under McCarthy, but arguably Kenlock did.
I thought they could have been our two fullbacks for years. Kenlock definitely a better player two seasons ago. His confidence took a beating in 2018-9. He needs to step up and get the professional attitude again. Something lacking with some last year.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 14:33 - Aug 14 with 3977 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:54 - Aug 14 by ericclacton

Wark the Plank has just got up from his pit.

Mate, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But when yours is as valid as suggesting that Salah wouldn't improve our striking options it's hard to take you seriously.

Your appraisal yesterday of the ability of certain members of the squad was so far off it must be deliberate trolling.

So excuse me if I don't take anything you say seriously with regards to Kenlock's ability, or lack thereof.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 15:30 - Aug 14 with 3874 viewslongtimefan

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 13:36 - Aug 14 by Libero

I'd say he was more like the opposite. Occasionally spectacular going forward but completely untrustworthy defensively. Was horribly exposed on lots of occasions while on loan at Shrewsbury and Rotherham.
It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 15:34 - Aug 14 with 3862 viewsericclacton

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 14:33 - Aug 14 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Mate, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But when yours is as valid as suggesting that Salah wouldn't improve our striking options it's hard to take you seriously.

Your appraisal yesterday of the ability of certain members of the squad was so far off it must be deliberate trolling.

So excuse me if I don't take anything you say seriously with regards to Kenlock's ability, or lack thereof.

NOB.

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 15:35 - Aug 14 with 3860 viewsLibero

It is a shame that Myles Kenlock didn't take his opportunity on 15:30 - Aug 14 by longtimefan

I'd say he was more like the opposite. Occasionally spectacular going forward but completely untrustworthy defensively. Was horribly exposed on lots of occasions while on loan at Shrewsbury and Rotherham.

I didn't see any of his performances for Rotherham or Shrewsbury, I'm just judging him on what I saw in a blue shirt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024