Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something happened today which I thought was unreal at the time... 01:03 - Aug 20 with 8591 viewsBlueStreak

But since getting home I really cannot even begin to understand the odds of this happening.

Driving back from Southampton this morning, and looked left out the window and saw my dad (who works for a shipping company) driving a lorry in the next lane to me.

Now dad works all over the country on a 4 day on 4 day off pattern so wasnt even sure he was working but to be on the same meter of road at exactly the same time over two hours away from Ipswich has freaked me out a bit haha. Add to that I don't normally pay too much attention to who is driving lorries just makes it more odd.

Anyone else had really strange chance meeting like this before?
Something happened today which I thought was unreal at the time... on 09:04 - Aug 21 with 472 viewsKeno

Something happened today which I thought was unreal at the time... on 07:22 - Aug 21 by hype313

Whilst having a lovely leisurely breakfast one weekend at a cafe on the A12 I found myself sat next to the illustrious editor of TWTD, who was refereeing an argument between Dolly and Glassers, whilst wading through a farmers breakfast.

the be fair "who was refereeing an argument between Dolly and Glassers" could be a lot days

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Something happened today which I thought was unreal at the time... on 13:33 - Aug 21 with 421 viewsSharkey

I was on a flight to England, to go to my father's funeral. The plane was waiting and waiting to take off, and there was much counting and recounting of passengers by the crew. Then they asked 'Is there anyone by the name of [my name] on board?' and as my hand went up so did the hand of a man two rows in front of me. A lot of people laughed, and almost immediately the plane started taxying to take-off. The crew talked to the other guy at some length, and then came and told me not to worry. At the time, what struck me was that the guy didn't turn round to see why people laughed. ( I have a relatively uncommon name; if I google it I find only a well-respected head of a fire department in Arizona who died in 2014.)
Something happened today which I thought was unreal at the time... on 13:45 - Aug 21 with 419 viewsBiGDonnie

Bumped into a School mate in Turkey (over 15 years ago) whilst p&ssed up leaving a club. Needless to say we decided to stay out and crack on some more!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Something happened today which I thought was unreal at the time... on 13:47 - Aug 21 with 418 viewsPhilTWTD

Something happened today which I thought was unreal at the time... on 11:28 - Aug 20 by factual_blue

'in the flat below mine'.

[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 11:29]

Wasn't mine, was rented.
Something happened today which I thought was unreal at the time... (n/t) on 16:24 - Aug 21 with 370 views66notout

Something happened today which I thought was unreal at the time... on 16:28 - Aug 21 with 368 views66notout

We holidayed in Tunisia a few years back and met a lovely family from Manchester but never kept in touch. The following year we went to Florida and met them again.
On another holiday in Kenya we had a three-day Safari in the Masai Mara. We stayed at Governor’s Camp and when we signed out the previous family in the visitors’ book were from Felixstowe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024