Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wolf likes Lambert.... 09:23 - Sep 6 with 2155 viewsunstableblue

... well his post match interview on Twitter at least!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 10:07 - Sep 6 with 2004 viewsChrisd

That performance yesterday, certainly wasn’t one that reflected a team not playing for PL. Lots of encouraging things to take into the up and coming games.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 10:24 - Sep 6 with 1929 viewsSomethingBlue

Woolfenden absolutely cruised through that game (I mean that in the best way). Think Lambert was very gauche — unwisely so — in the way he spoke about him the other week but it's very, very clear that if LW is on it then he will be an outstanding operator in this division. Turns 22 next month so I get the idea that it's time to demand that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 10:33 - Sep 6 with 1872 viewsBlueBadger

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 10:07 - Sep 6 by Chrisd

That performance yesterday, certainly wasn’t one that reflected a team not playing for PL. Lots of encouraging things to take into the up and coming games.

Marcus Evans clearly should have taken up coaching ages ago.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 11:00 - Sep 6 with 1793 viewsChrisd

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 10:33 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

He’s had an immediate impact! 😃

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 11:12 - Sep 6 with 1749 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I don’t think he ever didn’t rate him. Both CB were aggressive yesterday which I liked, especially against a team with a 6ft5 lump up there.

That isn’t a team not playing for the manager though.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 11:49 - Sep 6 with 1643 viewsWD19

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 10:33 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

Well he managed to pick Holy and play him in goal....

Which is more than his predecessor managed to do consistently.

And Holy kept a clean sheet and we won....which is exactly what he did when he first joined the club. Until we decided that clean sheets and winning was beneath us and went for a different approach.

ME. Future England manager.
The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 13:50 - Sep 6 with 1468 viewsunstableblue

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 10:24 - Sep 6 by SomethingBlue

Woolfenden absolutely cruised through that game (I mean that in the best way). Think Lambert was very gauche — unwisely so — in the way he spoke about him the other week but it's very, very clear that if LW is on it then he will be an outstanding operator in this division. Turns 22 next month so I get the idea that it's time to demand that.

The Wolf and Downes are really a class apart. Holding onto them, getting promoted, and them being championship with us has to be a strategy

We should only part with them if we get money that allows us to replace them, and make a profit.

If we had to replace them like for like in the Chamoionship it’s 10million each!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 14:06 - Sep 6 with 1424 viewsJ2BLUE

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 11:12 - Sep 6 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don’t think he ever didn’t rate him. Both CB were aggressive yesterday which I liked, especially against a team with a 6ft5 lump up there.

That isn’t a team not playing for the manager though.

I'm not trying to be negative here because I would love to believe the problems have been over dramatised and everyone is happy but I remember people saying the same after the 3-2 at Swansea under Hurst as Chambers walked off the pitch with his arm around Hurst.

There are positive signs and lets hope it was either never that bad or the air has been cleared.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 14:31 - Sep 6 with 1367 viewsChrisd

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 14:06 - Sep 6 by J2BLUE

I'm not trying to be negative here because I would love to believe the problems have been over dramatised and everyone is happy but I remember people saying the same after the 3-2 at Swansea under Hurst as Chambers walked off the pitch with his arm around Hurst.

There are positive signs and lets hope it was either never that bad or the air has been cleared.

We keep winning and whatever problems that are there will be quickly forgotten.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 14:39]

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 15:38 - Sep 6 with 1236 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I understand your point, I don’t think things are as bad as under Hurst, Hurst and Doig fell out with some influential people in the dressing room.

I do think things have been slightly over dramatised, although I don’t know if things were all rosey red, but to the extent as it was made out, I doubt it.

I also think the Swansea won maybe wasn’t flukes, but on a different day we could have got battered in Wales, because Swansea had chance after chance after chance.

Yesterday’s performance was not a team not playing for the manager, even the shape and structure carried out very well by the players yesterday indicates they do believe in what he is trying to implement this year, 12 months late but at least Lambert seems to be on the right track now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The Wolf likes Lambert.... on 19:02 - Sep 6 with 934 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I don't remember players being quite so quick to make hard points against the rumours though. Chambo celebration and Twitter post and now Sears making a point about it. It's annoyed them.

I think it's totally overblown with probably a couple of bad eggs/immature lads spouting off because they're not getting their way. Tough.

Time will tell. The win was a great statement/marker laid down but the league is where it really counts.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024