Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top work from Bozza 08:20 - Sep 8 with 2906 viewsgordon

Top work from Bozza on 08:36 - Sep 8 with 2845 viewsHerbivore

We're so far beyond satire now. At what point does this level of wilful incompetence and dishonesty become gross misconduct in a public office? He ran his entire GE campaign on this being a great, oven ready deal. He's now acknowledging that was a lie. The mugs he duped will still lap it up and that's the real tragedy of it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Top work from Bozza on 09:20 - Sep 8 with 2700 viewsitfcjoe

Top work from Bozza on 08:36 - Sep 8 by Herbivore

We're so far beyond satire now. At what point does this level of wilful incompetence and dishonesty become gross misconduct in a public office? He ran his entire GE campaign on this being a great, oven ready deal. He's now acknowledging that was a lie. The mugs he duped will still lap it up and that's the real tragedy of it.

Yep, it's a cult now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Top work from Bozza on 09:23 - Sep 8 with 2680 viewsclive_baker

Is it just me that hears this at any mention of this government?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

spelling error there on 09:25 - Sep 8 with 2669 viewsDyland

Top work from Bozza on 09:20 - Sep 8 by itfcjoe

Yep, it's a cult now

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Top work from Bozza on 10:01 - Sep 8 with 2599 viewseireblue

Yep a real pleasure and joy to see these people in action.
Top work from Bozza on 10:04 - Sep 8 with 2587 viewsHerbivore

Looking forward to some Brexit/Tory voters telling us that this was always the plan and they knew from the start that the Withdrawal Agreement was never meant to be adhered to.

Top work from Bozza on 11:03 - Sep 8 with 2516 viewsLankHenners

Top work from Bozza on 10:04 - Sep 8 by Herbivore

Looking forward to some Brexit/Tory voters telling us that this was always the plan and they knew from the start that the Withdrawal Agreement was never meant to be adhered to.

You say this sort of as a joke but it's how politics on the right works now. If the Tories can really go from 'vote for our oven-ready Brexit deal' as their only stand-out election pledge, to 'the deal sucks and whoever voted for it was a fcking idiot' in just a few months and still retain their 40% vote share then there's no hope that anyone can do anything to stop them.

For all the talk of how other types of voters were in a cult (a theory largely perpetuated from the Tory backed and backing press), there's nothing like the relationship between the current set of Tories and their voters. It's really no different to Trump, other than he is more obviously and grotesquely stupid, in that they can continually make U-turns and contradict themselves, bundle from scandal to scandal that as recently as the last decade would see people resign, and their supporters will just parrot the Party line that whatever the latest view is has been the view all along. And if this gets pointed out to them it's all 'get Brexit done', 'stop talking the country down' and 'are you mad, libs?'

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Top work from Bozza on 13:03 - Sep 8 with 2434 viewsDarth_Koont

Top work from Bozza on 11:03 - Sep 8 by LankHenners

You say this sort of as a joke but it's how politics on the right works now. If the Tories can really go from 'vote for our oven-ready Brexit deal' as their only stand-out election pledge, to 'the deal sucks and whoever voted for it was a fcking idiot' in just a few months and still retain their 40% vote share then there's no hope that anyone can do anything to stop them.

For all the talk of how other types of voters were in a cult (a theory largely perpetuated from the Tory backed and backing press), there's nothing like the relationship between the current set of Tories and their voters. It's really no different to Trump, other than he is more obviously and grotesquely stupid, in that they can continually make U-turns and contradict themselves, bundle from scandal to scandal that as recently as the last decade would see people resign, and their supporters will just parrot the Party line that whatever the latest view is has been the view all along. And if this gets pointed out to them it's all 'get Brexit done', 'stop talking the country down' and 'are you mad, libs?'

Well said.

I was half-serious in another thread that I think we need to disengage from dealing with this government through the standard channels and civil disobedience has now become a civic duty.

But if truth be told I'm 3/4-serious.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Top work from Bozza on 13:10 - Sep 8 with 2400 viewsHerbivore

Top work from Bozza on 10:04 - Sep 8 by Herbivore

Looks like even the likes of Hammers and Pazzer aren't even bothering to try and justify this stuff anymore. Easier just to ignore it I guess.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 13:16]

Top work from Bozza on 13:42 - Sep 8 with 2335 viewsEireannach_gorm

I don't know why everyone is getting so excited, everything is going to plan.

Oh..........
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/saxons-hold-up-brexit-lorry-park-23293
Top work from Bozza on 13:48 - Sep 8 with 2315 viewsDarth_Koont

Top work from Bozza on 13:42 - Sep 8 by Eireannach_gorm

I don't know why everyone is getting so excited, everything is going to plan.

Oh..........
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/saxons-hold-up-brexit-lorry-park-23293

Bloody Saxon immigrants.

Pronouns: He/Him

Top work from Bozza on 13:49 - Sep 8 with 2306 viewsEwan_Oozami

Top legal civil servant resigns just before Brandon Lewis stands up in Parliament and says the Govt are only breaking the law in a "very specific and limited way" which even Theresa May is questioning in terms of ongoing trust in the Govt regarding trade deals.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Top work from Bozza on 13:50 - Sep 8 with 2300 viewsHerbivore

Top work from Bozza on 13:49 - Sep 8 by Ewan_Oozami

Top legal civil servant resigns just before Brandon Lewis stands up in Parliament and says the Govt are only breaking the law in a "very specific and limited way" which even Theresa May is questioning in terms of ongoing trust in the Govt regarding trade deals.

Well so long as they are only breaking the law in a limited and specific way then I'm sure it's all fine. Think we're asking a lot of the government if we're expecting it to act within the law as a fairly minimum requirement.

Top work from Bozza on 13:59 - Sep 8 with 2268 viewskeighleyblue

Top work from Bozza on 11:03 - Sep 8 by LankHenners

Great post, spot on. Don't know how the binary, 'once a true blue (tory, not ITFC!) always a true blue' mentality can be broken. It's so depressing watching the brainwashed hordes dutifully picking up their MSM each day. Politics is now dictated by soundbites, the facts are almost irrelevant
Top work from Bozza on 16:45 - Sep 8 with 2153 viewsManchesterblue

Top work from Bozza on 08:36 - Sep 8 by Herbivore

Anyone who kept Corbyn and Labour out of power gets my vote

Top work from Bozza on 16:56 - Sep 8 with 2126 viewsHerbivore

Top work from Bozza on 16:45 - Sep 8 by Manchesterblue

Anyone who kept Corbyn and Labour out of power gets my vote

Ding, ding, ding! We have our first "yeah but Corbyn" attempt to justify Johnson being a lying, incompetent charlatan. It's only taken about 8 or 9 hours.

Top work from Bozza on 16:57 - Sep 8 with 2121 viewsMonkeyAlan

Boris is a good egg really.
Top work from Bozza on 17:53 - Sep 8 with 2049 viewsBlueBadger

Top work from Bozza on 16:57 - Sep 8 by MonkeyAlan

Boris is a good egg really.

Surprising thin-shelled, a massive yellow streak and goes to pieces when any heat at all is applied

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Top work from Bozza on 17:54 - Sep 8 with 2044 viewsBlueBadger

Top work from Bozza on 09:20 - Sep 8 by itfcjoe

Yep, it's a cult now

It's fair to say that Boris is a massive cult.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Top work from Bozza on 18:15 - Sep 8 with 2007 viewsManchesterblue

Top work from Bozza on 16:56 - Sep 8 by Herbivore

Ding, ding, ding! We have our first "yeah but Corbyn" attempt to justify Johnson being a lying, incompetent charlatan. It's only taken about 8 or 9 hours.

2/10 , Poor show you forgot to call me a Racist Gammon

Top work from Bozza on 18:42 - Sep 8 with 1971 viewsjaykay

Top work from Bozza on 13:10 - Sep 8 by Herbivore

Looks like even the likes of Hammers and Pazzer aren't even bothering to try and justify this stuff anymore. Easier just to ignore it I guess.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 13:16]

they are only the foot soldiers
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 20:14]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024