Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The rise of women’s football is a good thing 00:36 - Sep 13 with 1152 viewsBLUEBEAT

and I can see it is now held in higher regard than EFL League One

Poll: W or W

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 00:53 - Sep 13 with 1131 viewsBlueBadger

CAUTION: Anecdotal evidence only ahoy!

Took the family out to Portugal in 2017. Pretty much every restaurant and bar was showing the Women's Euro 2017, mostly at random if games didn't involve Portugal. My old man, who is fairly 'traditional' about football saw a LOT of games in the ten days we were out there, complained about a bad game once, 'foreign tactics'(ie, diving and fouling)three times and 'bad sportsmanship' no times and reported enjoying matches as 'a neutral' as 'a bloody sight more than most football now'.

I suspect that If I'd have conducted a similar count of a men's competition the count in all fronts would have been a LOT higher.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 1:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 00:56 - Sep 13 with 1113 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 00:53 - Sep 13 by BlueBadger

CAUTION: Anecdotal evidence only ahoy!

Took the family out to Portugal in 2017. Pretty much every restaurant and bar was showing the Women's Euro 2017, mostly at random if games didn't involve Portugal. My old man, who is fairly 'traditional' about football saw a LOT of games in the ten days we were out there, complained about a bad game once, 'foreign tactics'(ie, diving and fouling)three times and 'bad sportsmanship' no times and reported enjoying matches as 'a neutral' as 'a bloody sight more than most football now'.

I suspect that If I'd have conducted a similar count of a men's competition the count in all fronts would have been a LOT higher.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 1:42]

Wow. That must have been some holiday.

Did Marty McFly take you?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 01:00 - Sep 13 with 1103 viewsBlueBadger

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 00:56 - Sep 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wow. That must have been some holiday.

Did Marty McFly take you?

You think 2027 was a piss-poor tournament, you wait for 2152.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 01:04 - Sep 13 with 1094 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 01:00 - Sep 13 by BlueBadger

You think 2027 was a piss-poor tournament, you wait for 2152.

Is Lambert in charge?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 01:31 - Sep 13 with 1072 viewsBlueBadger

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 01:04 - Sep 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is Lambert in charge?

Terry Nutkins has spent the last 15 years saying 'we should give him 10 more games, just be sure he's terrible' and 'Judge has performed well in pre-season'.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 1:38]

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 02:12 - Sep 13 with 1048 viewsIllinoisblue

Controversial opinion; I think women’s football should have its own section on the BBC website.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 02:20 - Sep 13 with 1045 viewsBlueBadger

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 02:12 - Sep 13 by Illinoisblue

Controversial opinion; I think women’s football should have its own section on the BBC website.

It does. It's under 'football' in the sport section.

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 03:46 - Sep 13 with 1026 viewsIllinoisblue

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 02:20 - Sep 13 by BlueBadger

It does. It's under 'football' in the sport section.

No, no. Separate from the men’s game.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 08:12 - Sep 13 with 894 viewsFtnfwest

This is from the BBC you realise?
The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 08:25 - Sep 13 with 877 viewsAce_High1

Some big signings in the WSL I recent weeks as well from America.

Alex Morgan would be better than any of our strikers if she played for us and not Spurs.
The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 08:28 - Sep 13 with 869 viewsMonkeyAlan

I still think it's hugely inferior. It's on the BBC red button, ld be interested to know the viewing figures. I can never watch a game through. I've tried lots of times. But it's not for me.
The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 09:15 - Sep 13 with 813 viewsElephantintheRoom

Is it?

For years the pecking order on BBC football news reviews has been Premier League, Scotttish Premier League, Women's football... then nothing.

All right on and politically correct maybe - it just provides nothing of interest to the majority of football supporters.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 09:19 - Sep 13 with 806 viewsMullet

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 09:15 - Sep 13 by ElephantintheRoom

Is it?

For years the pecking order on BBC football news reviews has been Premier League, Scotttish Premier League, Women's football... then nothing.

All right on and politically correct maybe - it just provides nothing of interest to the majority of football supporters.

Over the age of 30 and male.

I've got no interest whatsoever, but it doesn't bother me at all that it is growing. In fact I think it's a good thing. We have an obesity crisis and if it gets some girls active too, that's brilliant right?

Any snowflake triggered by Rapinoe for example must be really insecure and inferior, yet there they are ten to the dozen.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 09:32 - Sep 13 with 787 viewsElephantintheRoom

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 09:19 - Sep 13 by Mullet

Over the age of 30 and male.

I've got no interest whatsoever, but it doesn't bother me at all that it is growing. In fact I think it's a good thing. We have an obesity crisis and if it gets some girls active too, that's brilliant right?

Any snowflake triggered by Rapinoe for example must be really insecure and inferior, yet there they are ten to the dozen.

Not at all. Yes I support a football league team - but I dont really mind the lack of coverage of the hugely supported football league 'in the media'....and those who enjoy womens football enjoying their sport - its surely got to grow exponentially - even without token media coverage, just as Scottish football has regressed despite token media coverage.

BUT politically correct media coverage is of zero interest to the vast majority of football fans at the moment.... as is Scottish football. And is contributing in its own small minded way to the rapid demise of the football league and non-league football.

Granted women's football will grow a bit more that

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The rise of women’s football is a good thing on 10:07 - Sep 13 with 733 viewsOldsmoker

Would a womens team degrade itself by doing a nude calendar to raise profile and funds?
I don't think any of us would want to see that.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024