Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow long term 13:16 - Sep 29 with 3902 viewsRobTheMonk

Obviously not a substitute for the matchday experience, but an adequate alternative for people like myself who can't get to many games.

If game streaming carried on being available I know I'd personally watch the vast majority of games and would probably spend more money that I do going to games.

Do we think that there would be a dip in attendances if iFollow was a more permanent thing or would the allure of the matchday negate that?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 13:30]
iFollow long term on 16:23 - Sep 29 with 1816 viewsMetal_Hacker

iFollow long term on 16:17 - Sep 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

What is IPTV? Is it legal?

IPTV is a platform where a "provider" can stream whatever they wish (in this instance Sky Sports , BT Sports ,Sky Movies etc etc etc ) for a nominal fee to a mass audience via some sort of app or IPTV player

I'm assuming and the easy answer is , if it was legal then we'd all have it and people wouldn't be trying to sell it over FB pages and the like under cover

Just my interpretation

Someone correct me if I'm wrong , I usually am so she tells me

Poll: If it were one or the other

iFollow long term on 16:42 - Sep 29 with 1791 viewsWallingford_Boy

iFollow long term on 16:13 - Sep 29 by Metal_Hacker

Sod it then hey !

Exactly.

Its legal, it works and I spend plenty of cash in other ways with ITFC so have no qualms.

RIP Sir Bobby

iFollow long term on 16:45 - Sep 29 with 1785 viewsMetal_Hacker

iFollow long term on 16:42 - Sep 29 by Wallingford_Boy

Exactly.

Its legal, it works and I spend plenty of cash in other ways with ITFC so have no qualms.

It's really NOT legal

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1305297/Kodi-IPTV-Shutdo

iFollow long term on 16:47 - Sep 29 with 1780 viewsStokieBlue

iFollow long term on 16:42 - Sep 29 by Wallingford_Boy

Exactly.

The box/service is legal. The content you describe is in no way legal.

Why on earth would you think it was legal to pay 50 quid for unlimited Sky Sports when it costs nearly that monthly.

Unbelievable self-denial there.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

iFollow long term on 16:49 - Sep 29 with 1774 viewsWallingford_Boy

iFollow long term on 16:47 - Sep 29 by StokieBlue

The box/service is legal. The content you describe is in no way legal.

Why on earth would you think it was legal to pay 50 quid for unlimited Sky Sports when it costs nearly that monthly.

Unbelievable self-denial there.

SB

HaHa good point.. those poor multi-million pound organisations.. blub.

RIP Sir Bobby

iFollow long term on 16:51 - Sep 29 with 1772 viewsMetal_Hacker

iFollow long term on 16:49 - Sep 29 by Wallingford_Boy

So that makes it right...point missed completely after all the chat about the sport being broken from inside out

Leave it there

I'm off out on my bike

Laters

iFollow long term on 16:56 - Sep 29 with 1768 viewsStokieBlue

iFollow long term on 16:49 - Sep 29 by Wallingford_Boy

None of that makes it legal.

The fact that you are recommending an illegal service which you originally said was legal and now concede isn't legal is all pretty wrong.

Take a step back, you aren't looking great at the moment.

SB
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 16:57]

iFollow long term on 17:12 - Sep 29 with 1755 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I’m convinced that this is the future for the EFL. Sky really aren’t interested (bar the Championship). So the TV money is not much. Clubs like ours will generate fa4 more income from being able to stream their games. Most fans who live nearby will still go, but there’s a huge opportunity to generate revenue from those who are further afield.

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

iFollow long term on 17:31 - Sep 29 with 1741 viewsWallingford_Boy

iFollow long term on 16:56 - Sep 29 by StokieBlue

None of that makes it legal.

The fact that you are recommending an illegal service which you originally said was legal and now concede isn't legal is all pretty wrong.

Take a step back, you aren't looking great at the moment.

SB
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 16:57]

hehe oh no?! Am I not looking great??

I, along with thousands of others are "breaking the law" to save themselves a few quid.

If you don't want to do it, don't.

RIP Sir Bobby

iFollow long term on 17:32 - Sep 29 with 1738 viewsWallingford_Boy

iFollow long term on 16:51 - Sep 29 by Metal_Hacker

So that makes it right...point missed completely after all the chat about the sport being broken from inside out

Leave it there

I'm off out on my bike

Laters

Have a good ride x

RIP Sir Bobby

iFollow long term on 17:48 - Sep 29 with 1727 viewsStokieBlue

iFollow long term on 17:31 - Sep 29 by Wallingford_Boy

I, along with thousands of others are "breaking the law" to save themselves a few quid.

Why not steal from the supermarket whilst you're at it? It's a big company as well and you'll save yourself a few quid.

Not sure why you put "breaking the law" in quotes like that - it's clearly illegal.

Tell yourself whatever you want but that doesn't change the facts. You are watching the town without paying - you are stealing directly from the club you support.

SB

iFollow long term on 18:20 - Sep 29 with 1706 viewsCheltenham_Blue

iFollow long term on 17:31 - Sep 29 by Wallingford_Boy

So, to be clear.

It's ok to shoplift, or do a bit of burglary to save you a few quid because some others are doing it?

Thats what you said right?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

iFollow long term on 19:12 - Sep 29 with 1682 viewsRonFearonsHair

I would rather attend 10 matches a season and not see any more live football than watch all of them on a screen.
iFollow long term on 08:52 - Sep 30 with 1607 viewsWallingford_Boy

iFollow long term on 18:20 - Sep 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

So, to be clear.

It's ok to shoplift, or do a bit of burglary to save you a few quid because some others are doing it?

Thats what you said right?

Silly sausage!

RIP Sir Bobby

iFollow long term on 08:53 - Sep 30 with 1606 viewsWallingford_Boy

iFollow long term on 17:48 - Sep 29 by StokieBlue

Why not steal from the supermarket whilst you're at it? It's a big company as well and you'll save yourself a few quid.

Not sure why you put "breaking the law" in quotes like that - it's clearly illegal.

Tell yourself whatever you want but that doesn't change the facts. You are watching the town without paying - you are stealing directly from the club you support.

SB

Actually, I don't think its illegal, you still need to pay for it.

In your simple world, lets say its like getting a tin of beans reduced from the supermarket.

Hear me?

RIP Sir Bobby

iFollow long term on 08:58 - Sep 30 with 1601 viewsMetal_Hacker

iFollow long term on 08:53 - Sep 30 by Wallingford_Boy

In your simple world, lets say its like getting a tin of beans reduced from the supermarket.

Hear me?

No..... it's like buying a tin of beans from a guy from the back of his van because he's nicked a load of 'em

iFollow long term on 10:04 - Sep 30 with 1568 viewsStokieBlue

iFollow long term on 08:53 - Sep 30 by Wallingford_Boy

Hear me?

It's nothing like that at all.

If anyone is living in a simple world it's you. You just don't want to hear that you are doing something that is clearly illegal.

SB

iFollow long term on 10:10 - Sep 30 with 1560 viewsWallingford_Boy

iFollow long term on 08:58 - Sep 30 by Metal_Hacker

No..... it's like buying a tin of beans from a guy from the back of his van because he's nicked a load of 'em

HaHa yeah that analogy works better tbf.

RIP Sir Bobby

iFollow long term on 10:23 - Sep 30 with 1546 viewsIpswichKnight

I hope that the EFL/PL/Government remove the 3PM broadcast ban for Leagues one and below. I don't think this will make any difference to TV or broadcast rites for PL and the championship.

I'd hope Town would be able to do the coverage themselves they managed it pretty well for the West Ham game, you could of course go down the ifollow route as well and sub contract it out and charge less. I'd still be interested to find out how many people are buying the matchday passes.
iFollow long term on 10:27 - Sep 30 with 1543 viewsMetal_Hacker

iFollow long term on 10:23 - Sep 30 by IpswichKnight

I hope that the EFL/PL/Government remove the 3PM broadcast ban for Leagues one and below. I don't think this will make any difference to TV or broadcast rites for PL and the championship.

I'd hope Town would be able to do the coverage themselves they managed it pretty well for the West Ham game, you could of course go down the ifollow route as well and sub contract it out and charge less. I'd still be interested to find out how many people are buying the matchday passes.

I think short term there's no other fix other than lifting those broadcasting bans. We've already been told we can't attend and for me , quite rightly so but I'm hoping they take with one had and give with another

My doubt being with this in mind ,someone will have to give in and when there's that much money involved ......I can't see it happening

Ideal opportunity for the Government to help this way though.Perhaps partially fund whatever needs funding coupled with football supporters paying for "matchday tickets / iFollow"

Creates a steady income for clubs

iFollow long term on 10:48 - Sep 30 with 1532 viewsitfcjim

iFollow long term on 14:45 - Sep 29 by Hullblue

Overseas supporters can watch every game - I take it you're based in the UK though. If only there were a Very Practical way to Navigate this problem.

Do you speak from experience here with accessing iFollow via a Violinist's Pierced Nipple? I could never get it to work myself, despite trying multiple Nipples - was just met with a bouncing football on the signup page
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024