Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Considering the depletion ... 08:15 - Oct 19 with 1339 viewsMetal_Hacker

of the squad through injuries , we're top of the league still

It's another good Monday morning

How many do we have out now btw ? We're top with half a first team to come back

Poll: If it were one or the other

Considering the depletion ... on 08:21 - Oct 19 with 1305 viewsTrumptonBlue

Vincent-Young
Ward
Downes
Skuse
Nydam
Norwood
Hawkins
Jackson
Drinan
Morris
Considering the depletion ... on 08:22 - Oct 19 with 1301 viewsHarlestonblue

If you look at the squad on the back page of Saturday's programme ( I have been ordering them online and they arrive through the post - more revenue for the club! )and count the injured players there are 9 out:
Ward
Skuse
Jackson
Norwood
Nydam
Downes
KVY (been out for a year now)
Drinan
Hawkins
Considering the depletion ... on 08:22 - Oct 19 with 1288 viewsHarlestonblue

Considering the depletion ... on 08:22 - Oct 19 by Harlestonblue

If you look at the squad on the back page of Saturday's programme ( I have been ordering them online and they arrive through the post - more revenue for the club! )and count the injured players there are 9 out:
Ward
Skuse
Jackson
Norwood
Nydam
Downes
KVY (been out for a year now)
Drinan
Hawkins

....and Morris makes 10
Considering the depletion ... on 08:26 - Oct 19 with 1265 viewsMetal_Hacker

....and Morris makes 10

It's a good position to be in surely . Top of the league , full of confidence and players coming back who'll be fighting for "their" positions

These next 2-3 weeks will paint a picture and perhaps , hopefully lay the foundations for the rest of the season....in a good sense !!!

COYB

Considering the depletion ... on 08:35 - Oct 19 with 1231 viewsHerbivore

Considering the depletion ... on 08:26 - Oct 19 by Metal_Hacker

It's a good position to be in surely . Top of the league , full of confidence and players coming back who'll be fighting for "their" positions

These next 2-3 weeks will paint a picture and perhaps , hopefully lay the foundations for the rest of the season....in a good sense !!!

COYB

I'm actually a bit worried about having players coming back to some extent. We were in a relatively similar position at the start of last season with the likes of Nolan, Nsiala, and Bishop out and then the likes of Keane, Judge, and Huws not being match fit in the early months. This meant relatively little tinkering and an unbeaten start through to October. Once players started coming back, Lambingo really kicked in and we went to sh!t. We need to see what happens this time when Lambert starts to get some of his first teamers back fit and whether he can resist tinkering to give them all game time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Considering the depletion ... on 08:40 - Oct 19 with 1221 viewsMetal_Hacker

Considering the depletion ... on 08:35 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

I'm actually a bit worried about having players coming back to some extent. We were in a relatively similar position at the start of last season with the likes of Nolan, Nsiala, and Bishop out and then the likes of Keane, Judge, and Huws not being match fit in the early months. This meant relatively little tinkering and an unbeaten start through to October. Once players started coming back, Lambingo really kicked in and we went to sh!t. We need to see what happens this time when Lambert starts to get some of his first teamers back fit and whether he can resist tinkering to give them all game time.

Have to admit that's my worry but seeing Woolfy on the bench and having to wait his time suggest PL actually means it ref the shirt is yours to lose ?

Issue being do you start with your strongest XI or do you continue with the formula as we sit right now (until we start to c0ck it up the shirt is yours) ?

Considering the depletion ... on 09:26 - Oct 19 with 1143 viewsWickets

Yer but Both Teddy and Emyr are both fit and doing well .
Considering the depletion ... on 09:44 - Oct 19 with 1112 viewsGuthrum

Which leads on to a rather interesting question - what happens when the injured players are fit again?

You'd think swapping Chambers for KVY at right-back was a no-brainer. But with the Captain freely marauding up-field, providing pinpoint defence-destroying long passes, arriving suddenly at the back post, taking shots and even scoring, is it quite so straightforward?

Who makes way for Downes?

Which strikers take precedence?

Do we try tinkering with the formation to accomodate both current players and returnees? Will that upset our rhythm and style?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Considering the depletion ... on 09:46 - Oct 19 with 1099 viewsMetal_Hacker

Considering the depletion ... on 09:44 - Oct 19 by Guthrum

Which leads on to a rather interesting question - what happens when the injured players are fit again?

You'd think swapping Chambers for KVY at right-back was a no-brainer. But with the Captain freely marauding up-field, providing pinpoint defence-destroying long passes, arriving suddenly at the back post, taking shots and even scoring, is it quite so straightforward?

Do we try tinkering with the formation to accomodate both current players and returnees? Will that upset our rhythm and style?

Kind of what I'm eluding to ....sit tight and see how it pans out with the risk of the "first choice" players wanting away come January (notably Jackson and Downes) or we stick by the "the shirt is yours" ethos ?

Considering the depletion ... on 09:48 - Oct 19 with 1088 viewsSomethingBlue

Considering the depletion ... on 09:44 - Oct 19 by Guthrum

Very good question — I suspect it happens organically though and that, over the course of the year, injuries/suspensions and form will dictate that most of these guys get back in even if they have to wait a bit. As long as we stick to the current shape and principles, we'll be the stronger for that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Considering the depletion ... on 10:10 - Oct 19 with 1046 viewsFenboyBlue

A couple of weeks ago I asked if we could have an Injury page underneath the Squad page on the menu, but I've had another idea this morning. Harking back to the days when I used to play Championship Manager and how they represented Injuries in the squad display. On the Squad page can we have a little 'Inj' label against the injured players ? If I remember rightly the game had a red 'Inj' label against those with a serious injury, out for weeks/months and I think it turned orange then yellow as they were coming back close towards fitness and being eligible to risk playing again ?
Of course we could have extra labels for Covid-19 and 'Heads not right'
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 10:11]
Considering the depletion ... on 13:54 - Oct 19 with 837 viewsBramidan

....and Morris makes 10

10 players out, this early in the season?
Anybody know if the injuries occurred during games?
I think it is worrying and suggests problems with fitness, training and the medical staff.
Considering the depletion ... on 14:06 - Oct 19 with 820 viewsSouperJim

Considering the depletion ... on 13:54 - Oct 19 by Bramidan

10 players out, this early in the season?
Anybody know if the injuries occurred during games?
I think it is worrying and suggests problems with fitness, training and the medical staff.

I think 6 months off not being able to train properly let alone kick a football in anger has had something to do with it.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Considering the depletion ... on 14:14 - Oct 19 with 796 viewsBramidan

Considering the depletion ... on 14:06 - Oct 19 by SouperJim

I think 6 months off not being able to train properly let alone kick a football in anger has had something to do with it.

Yeah, quite possible but same for every team, are we just unlucky?
Considering the depletion ... on 14:15 - Oct 19 with 793 viewsMetal_Hacker

Considering the depletion ... on 14:06 - Oct 19 by SouperJim

I think that's a fair call. You look at the amount of injuries already sustained throughout the leagues in general , there is surely a massive increase in players out of action

Considering the depletion ... on 14:15 - Oct 19 with 790 viewsSouperJim

Considering the depletion ... on 14:14 - Oct 19 by Bramidan

Yeah, quite possible but same for every team, are we just unlucky?

We're not the only ones having injury problems I would imagine?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Considering the depletion ... on 14:19 - Oct 19 with 783 viewsMetal_Hacker

Considering the depletion ... on 14:15 - Oct 19 by SouperJim

We're not the only ones having injury problems I would imagine?

Sure I read somewhere about plastic football (The Prem) that injuries were expected to be 25% higher due to the increase in fixture congestion and the strange pre-season so hardly unexpected I suppose

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024