Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ball retention 09:52 - Oct 19 with 5920 viewsBluefish

Left without comment

*thanks to texters for sharing

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Ball retention on 10:23 - Oct 19 with 489 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:20 - Oct 19 by Metal_Hacker

It would also depend where he gives it away and how . If it's in the attacking third and the "giving it away" is an attempted through ball then no big deal. If he's giving it away outside our 12 yard box , then I'd worry

Virtually all are the middle 3rd

2 were crosses that were hit to no one (one of which sears then nearly scored from after a rick from the defender)

Ball retention on 10:23 - Oct 19 with 489 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ball retention on 09:58 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Edwards completed 5 forward passes 3 of which were about 3 yards and 2 were in his own half
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 9:59]

Virtually no different to the Bish, so you can add him to your rather bizarre crusade.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ball retention on 10:26 - Oct 19 with 479 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:22 - Oct 19 by SomethingBlue

I don't believe he is a particularly efficient player in possession per se, no. But I do believe he is a winger who wants to try stuff and will be looser than players in other positions at times, which explains a bit of it. Above all of that I don't really understand what you are trying to prove.

Edit having seen yours — Dozzell's role is entirely different. If you want to compare our winger's possession stats to those of our deep-lying playmaker to make a point then please go ahead but it won't be an honest effort from you.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 10:24]

He isn't a winger doing all of that. He isn't very good at passing, as I have said and as many have said is not true

You will argue regardless of what is presented. If it is my opinion you will argue stats, if it is opinion and stats you will say they are flawed. Many were claiming he was motm and weren't happy when insaid he gave it away a lot.

Please do tell me what it would take for you to ever consider that he gives it away a lot. You have a mindset and will oppose anything I say until you then say I'm not worth bothering with again......until the next time

Ball retention on 10:28 - Oct 19 with 476 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:23 - Oct 19 by Swansea_Blue

Virtually no different to the Bish, so you can add him to your rather bizarre crusade.

Just so we are clear the bizarre crusade consists of me saying he gave it away a lot. We then had a massive pile ons calling me names and saying that wasn't true and then the stats came out to show that he gave it away a lot.

Almost like it is you lot with a crusade

Ball retention on 10:33 - Oct 19 with 464 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:34 - Oct 19 with 453 viewsSomethingBlue

Ball retention on 10:26 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

He isn't a winger doing all of that. He isn't very good at passing, as I have said and as many have said is not true

You will argue regardless of what is presented. If it is my opinion you will argue stats, if it is opinion and stats you will say they are flawed. Many were claiming he was motm and weren't happy when insaid he gave it away a lot.

Please do tell me what it would take for you to ever consider that he gives it away a lot. You have a mindset and will oppose anything I say until you then say I'm not worth bothering with again......until the next time

I've said it already — I'd agree that he isn't especially efficient in possession, his strengths are mainly elsewhere. I'd also suggest that it doesn't matter when he is producing as he currently is. Can't see any other parts of the side suffering as a result, we're looking good on the ball.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ball retention on 10:36 - Oct 19 with 447 viewsMetal_Hacker

Ball retention on 10:28 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Just so we are clear the bizarre crusade consists of me saying he gave it away a lot. We then had a massive pile ons calling me names and saying that wasn't true and then the stats came out to show that he gave it away a lot.

Almost like it is you lot with a crusade

Make your mind up

I quote "A players ability should not be based simply on stats, it should be based on how they play "

In one breath your saying stats should be taken into account and then they shouldn't. If they are quite rightly as you state their performance should be taken into account which I also get. So scoring 50% of the goals we scored on Saturday is enough for me

We're in League One with ,for the most League One players

Poll: If it were one or the other

Ball retention on 10:36 - Oct 19 with 444 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:36 - Oct 19 by Metal_Hacker

Make your mind up

I quote "A players ability should not be based simply on stats, it should be based on how they play "

In one breath your saying stats should be taken into account and then they shouldn't. If they are quite rightly as you state their performance should be taken into account which I also get. So scoring 50% of the goals we scored on Saturday is enough for me

We're in League One with ,for the most League One players

Try and read it again

Login to get fewer ads

Ball retention on 10:36 - Oct 19 with 445 viewsGhostOfBenters

Ball retention on 10:18 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

I was very clear but it is obviously difficult for you. A players ability should not be based simply on stats, it should bebbased on how they play. This is basing it on how he plays and backing it up with stats.

Please do tell me how it should be done if it shouldn't be that way but however you slice it, it doesn't look pretty and backs me up

What doesn't back you up, though, is your crusade to get Wilson out of the team. 82.6% = one of the best passers in the team.

Also, these stats show Kenlock to be a better passer than Bishop and Dozzell.

You can prove anything with stats.

EDIT: And v Rochdale Wilson had a pass completion of 90% - the best in the team.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 10:40]
Ball retention on 10:37 - Oct 19 with 440 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Ball retention on 10:18 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

I was very clear but it is obviously difficult for you. A players ability should not be based simply on stats, it should bebbased on how they play. This is basing it on how he plays and backing it up with stats.

Please do tell me how it should be done if it shouldn't be that way but however you slice it, it doesn't look pretty and backs me up

Using stats is embarrassing. Got that.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Ball retention on 10:38 - Oct 19 with 438 viewsMetal_Hacker

Ball retention on 10:36 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Try and read it again

Nah you've had enough airtime to be fair

I'm bored now ....I'll await your " because you've lost the argument" type response which to be fair is inevitable bu funny all the same

Keep smiling

Ball retention on 10:39 - Oct 19 with 432 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:36 - Oct 19 by GhostOfBenters

What doesn't back you up, though, is your crusade to get Wilson out of the team. 82.6% = one of the best passers in the team.

Also, these stats show Kenlock to be a better passer than Bishop and Dozzell.

You can prove anything with stats.

EDIT: And v Rochdale Wilson had a pass completion of 90% - the best in the team.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 10:40]

You have to compare players in the positions they play. Centre halves often have best passing stats because they play simple passes without pressure.

Ball retention on 10:41 - Oct 19 with 424 viewsMetal_Hacker

Ball retention on 10:39 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

You have to compare players in the positions they play. Centre halves often have best passing stats because they play simple passes without pressure.

Think you've argued and answered your own point there

Ball retention on 10:41 - Oct 19 with 425 viewsSomethingBlue

Weren't you just trying to compare Edwards with Dozzell — who plays in a totally different position and is largely responsible for recycling possession safely to whoever is open?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ball retention on 10:42 - Oct 19 with 422 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:34 - Oct 19 by SomethingBlue

I've said it already — I'd agree that he isn't especially efficient in possession, his strengths are mainly elsewhere. I'd also suggest that it doesn't matter when he is producing as he currently is. Can't see any other parts of the side suffering as a result, we're looking good on the ball.

If that is your real stance it is bizarre that you have spent so long arguing about him being good. Surely you could have just written that he isn't the best on the ball but worth carrying him if he keeps scoring. We would have been in agreement ages ago

Ball retention on 10:43 - Oct 19 with 416 viewsGhostOfBenters

And Wilson's stats are always better than Nsiala's (going on the stats you've posted so far).

So why do you constantly want Wilson out of the team?
Ball retention on 10:43 - Oct 19 with 415 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:41 - Oct 19 by SomethingBlue

Weren't you just trying to compare Edwards with Dozzell — who plays in a totally different position and is largely responsible for recycling possession safely to whoever is open?

Not directly no I was using dozzell amongst others in response to your playmaker point. I think you know that though

Ball retention on 10:45 - Oct 19 with 406 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:41 - Oct 19 by Metal_Hacker

Think you've argued and answered your own point there

Can you get someone to read it to you instead?

Ball retention on 10:45 - Oct 19 with 400 viewsMetal_Hacker

Ball retention on 10:45 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Can you get someone to read it to you instead?

No cause Mummy is at work

Ball retention on 10:46 - Oct 19 with 400 viewsSouperJim

Your campaign against Edwards is starting to look a little unhinged. Yes, he could pass the ball better but he's our top scorer. Are you advocating that Lambert leaves him out?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Ball retention on 10:47 - Oct 19 with 388 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:46 - Oct 19 by SouperJim

Your campaign against Edwards is starting to look a little unhinged. Yes, he could pass the ball better but he's our top scorer. Are you advocating that Lambert leaves him out?

Nope I am just pointing out the nonsense abuse that I have received is.....nonsense

Cheers

Lambert out

Ball retention on 10:51 - Oct 19 with 369 viewsGhostOfBenters

Ball retention on 10:47 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Nope I am just pointing out the nonsense abuse that I have received is.....nonsense

Cheers

Lambert out

Wasn't your issue more with his touch and control rather than his passing?
Ball retention on 10:52 - Oct 19 with 362 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:51 - Oct 19 by GhostOfBenters

Which are even worse but I have talked about his passing ability as well throughout. You are clutching at straws now.

Ball retention on 10:53 - Oct 19 with 359 viewsGuthrum

Ball retention on 10:15 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Runs where? How many shots did he have apart from the goal? I have asked for a dribbles completed though. 2 of which were dribbled straight off the pitch with the 1st touch
Dribbles have to lead to passes or shots of significant territory gain without turning over possession.

Yes, they do. But I have long been an advocate of having players who can move with the ball rather than simply getting rid of it at the first opportunity. Not only does it gain ground and allow repositioning, but also can draw fouls as the defence tries to stop them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ball retention on 10:54 - Oct 19 with 356 viewshype313

Ball retention on 10:51 - Oct 19 by GhostOfBenters

Don't think even he knows now, he's gone down a rabbit hole and can't get out.

Gwion has his deficiencies, but most do, but we should be happy he is scoring goals and we're top of the league.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024